Main Menu

Do you want Pact split into 2 buffs?

Started by kharthai, August 15, 2009, 08:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kharthai

Figured if there was a poll with a lot of people voting for it, might be easier to get the devs to change it up.

Werewolf form was fun and novel in the beginning, but it would be nice to see my character again sometimes, not have to shrink each time after BA wears off, etc.

What do you think?

Razimir

No. I like it as it is. If it was split in 2 different buffs, it would block other illusions and bestial alignment. That would make either other illu clickys or illu part of pact useless.

-Raz

Inphared

Quote from: Razimir on August 15, 2009, 10:17:25 PM
No. I like it as it is. If it was split in 2 different buffs, it would block other illusions and bestial alignment. That would make either other illu clickys or illu part of pact useless.

-Raz

The idea behind splitting the buff is to be able to click off werewolf form while still maintaining the benefits of the buff itself. This way you would still be able to use illusions and such over it.

Razimir

Quote from: Inphared on August 15, 2009, 10:37:46 PM
The idea behind splitting the buff is to be able to click off werewolf form while still maintaining the benefits of the buff itself. This way you would still be able to use illusions and such over it.

I know, though if it was the case that would need more clicking than current stuff. It would lead to block werewolf form for convenience and make it useless as blocked. I like that form and it is good as it is, not just for the buff part. Make werewolf remain shrunk after other illu fade, don't remove it. Imo this is not a huge problem with our current fast cast shrink AA anyways.

My counter suggestion is that make AA to give your natural form illu, which stacks with werewolf form.

-Raz

Camikazi

Quote from: Razimir on August 15, 2009, 10:17:25 PM

-Raz

It would only block other illusion if they changed the slot it was in, if left in same slot it is now it won't block anything, just take up more buff slots.

Offilio

I agree, i too am tired of seeing werewolf form all the time. I vote to change it to two buffs.

Zunar

Meh, I'm still too tired to see my original form, and like having the werewolf and buff as only one buff, instead of taking up 2 slots it would when separated.
Also if separated, it'd mean most likely you'll always have to click werewolf form off before using Bestial Alignment.
I dunno if I like that part at all.

Nusa

Having to shrink after BA is unrelated to Pact, it happens in any form. Not sure why you even mentioned it.

Pact of the Wurine
3:    Illusion: Werewolf
4:    Increase Chance to Hit by 20% with All Skills
5:    Increase Movement by 36% (L1) to 56% (L21)
7:    Increase Mana Pool by 440
9:    Increase Mana by 10 per tick
11:    Increase Max Hitpoints by 440

I'd rather keep it a single buff. You can already use a second buff slot to put an illusion of your choice on top of it, so you've already got what you're asking for. Personally, I value my buff slots more than I care about my appearance.

Also, be careful what you ask for. If you did convince Sony to split it, I'd bet that the 20% hit bonus and speed bonus would stay with the illusion spell, which would be consistent with other werewolf illusions. Not much point if nearly everyone feels the need to use both buff slots to get all the useful benefits.

Now if you want to get something useful done, work on getting group haste split out of the pet haste spells!

kharthai

May be a recent change, Nusa,  but I just cast BA while shrunk then clicked it off, and I remained shrunk.  Give it a try?

As Camikazi mentioned there would only be stacking issues if they changed the slot (3:    Illusion: Werewolf) to some other number that conflicted with other illusions, you wouldn't have to click off werewolf before clicking BA, nor would you have to click it off before casting a different illusion.. though you could, if you wanted the buff space.

I seriously doubt if they split it, they'd do something retarded like leave other affects with the illusion.  They didn't screw over necros this way (though it did take them a long time to get it split).

As far as buff slots over appearance, if you love being a wolf all the time yeah, I guess you'd be using another slot.  If not, you could click the illusion off and not use more than you would previously, while also being able to see your character.

As far as using the second buff slot for an illusion of my choice, sure, that works and I do it sometimes.  Of course, that _does_ block BA, unlike this other stuff people are apparently worried about.  And what if you want to look like your actual character?  Illusioning over werewolf with an iksar mask is pretty easy, but that doesn't help you if you're a troll.

Guess I thought more people would want this :(

As for pet haste I feedbacked pretty much every day for a few months in SoF and SoD asking for a longer duration.  Splitting would work too, but since Underfoot won't have levels we're probably stuck with it unless they give us some sort of AA.

Biostar

I could see the benefit of splitting the buff but with Sony's record i would be more afraid they would screw this aa up totally. The only problem i see is folks might want to use their LoN illusions but as it stands currently this buff would block any beneficial effect or the illusion totally. I don't really mind the werewolf illusion just happy for an aa that is fairly beneficial for once.
[

Maylian

Would love for SoE to split it and was asking for them to split it back when it was released in SoF. I'm tired of looking like a werewolf and more tired of not being able to look like an iksar without losing this benefit. Simple change for them to implement.

Camikazi

Quote from: Biostar on August 16, 2009, 04:17:24 PM
I could see the benefit of splitting the buff but with Sony's record i would be more afraid they would screw this aa up totally. The only problem i see is folks might want to use their LoN illusions but as it stands currently this buff would block any beneficial effect or the illusion totally. I don't really mind the werewolf illusion just happy for an aa that is fairly beneficial for once.

Don't see how they could mess it up, they already did it with SK and Necro Lich, they made the illusion part of the lich autocast the HP drain part, just how Unity works. As long as they do not change the slot on the illusion (keep it slot 3) there will be no change in which illusion it will block at all.

Been a while but last I checked it's not Wurine that blocks LoN illusions it's usually DS buffs, Rangers Feathers being primary one that I can think of, since alot of the earlier ones have a tiny DS on them.

nedoirah

The clickie DS buff (Vengeful Guard) blocks the LoN illusions.

Uberpus

Not sure why some think this change would "cost" them buff slots, just click the Werewolf part off or block it completely and it's "costing" you one slot as it did before.  What the change would do is allow those that prefer their own look, are hurting for buff slots or would like to use a mount to enjoy the same benefit.

On my SK I always click off skeleton form leaving the beneficial part of the lich-line.

Razimir

Quote from: Uberpus on August 17, 2009, 12:56:24 AM
Not sure why some think this change would "cost" them buff slots, just click the Werewolf part off or block it completely and it's "costing" you one slot as it did before.  What the change would do is

1+1=2
2+1=3

1 < 2 < 3

Enough said?

-Raz