Main Menu

Do you want Pact split into 2 buffs?

Started by kharthai, August 15, 2009, 08:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maylian

Quote from: Razimir on August 17, 2009, 06:17:03 AM
Quote from: Uberpus on August 17, 2009, 12:56:24 AM
Not sure why some think this change would "cost" them buff slots, just click the Werewolf part off or block it completely and it's "costing" you one slot as it did before.  What the change would do is

1+1=2
2+1=3

1 < 2 < 3

Enough said?

-Raz

Well done for knowing some basic arithmatic, but what has 2+1=3 got anything to do with this line? Splitting the buff would only make it into 2 component buffs, one which could be permanently blocked so the buff would take up 1 slot as normal...

5 + 8 = 13 enough said?.....

Razimir

Quote from: Maylian on August 17, 2009, 06:56:40 AM
Well done for knowing some basic arithmatic, but what has 2+1=3 got anything to do with this line? Splitting the buff would only make it into 2 component buffs, one which could be permanently blocked so the buff would take up 1 slot as normal...

Make it into "only" 2 than now that it is only 1. Some ppl has suggested that the AA split in 2 and illu form would stay at it current slot. So wurine illu + wurine buff + regular illu = 3. That is 3 slots (unless doing annoying clicking). and wurine+illu combo takes 2 slots atm. Clicking off the werewolf illu part would be pain, because I wouldn't like to block it. It is already annoying enough to click regular illus off when using BA. If anything, I'd like to remove BA's illusion component, not wurine illu.

-Raz

Razimir

Quote from: Maylian on August 16, 2009, 04:57:22 PM
Would love for SoE to split it and was asking for them to split it back when it was released in SoF. I'm tired of looking like a werewolf and more tired of not being able to look like an iksar without losing this benefit. Simple change for them to implement.

More simplier would be doing ikky clicky mask, you are iksar.

-Raz

Hzath

QuoteMake it into "only" 2 than now that it is only 1. Some ppl has suggested that the AA split in 2 and illu form would stay at it current slot. So wurine illu + wurine buff + regular illu = 3

Why in the world would you use 2 illusions at once?
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Nusa

We've got plenty of spells that are broken and need fixing. Don't fix the stuff that isn't broken, I say.

As for having to shrink after BA, whether it's Pact specific or not, we do that rather easily these days, so it no longer bothers me. Yay for shrink AA.

Maylian

Quote from: Razimir on August 17, 2009, 08:11:18 AM
Quote from: Maylian on August 16, 2009, 04:57:22 PM
Would love for SoE to split it and was asking for them to split it back when it was released in SoF. I'm tired of looking like a werewolf and more tired of not being able to look like an iksar without losing this benefit. Simple change for them to implement.

More simplier would be doing ikky clicky mask, you are iksar.

-Raz

I don't need to do ikky illusion quest, I'm better than all the fake iksars out there. And yeah you wouldn't need to keep wurine illusion up if you wanted a regular illusion. Nor should anyone need to do a quest to look like their own race because of an AA, christ just make the rogue / bard illusion AA available to everyone.

Its not that the spell is broken but it is a simple enough change that SoE have done to other lines to make things more enjoyable for players so it should be done for us.

Karve

Quote from: Hzath on August 17, 2009, 08:17:18 AM
QuoteMake it into "only" 2 than now that it is only 1. Some ppl has suggested that the AA split in 2 and illu form would stay at it current slot. So wurine illu + wurine buff + regular illu = 3

Wurine + ikky clikky = mount useable. unless I miss something incredibly basic.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Denti

Keep it as it is. I rather like being in werewolf form as i do play in first person view most of the time and i'm quite happy i got rid of the bobbing around. Besides, if i ever wish to look something else i just buy an illusion clicky, its not like there is a shortage of them.

Uberpus

Quote from: Razimir on August 17, 2009, 08:06:11 AM

Make it into "only" 2 than now that it is only 1. Some ppl has suggested that the AA split in 2 and illu form would stay at it current slot. So wurine illu + wurine buff + regular illu = 3. That is 3 slots (unless doing annoying clicking). and wurine+illu combo takes 2 slots atm. Clicking off the werewolf illu part would be pain, because I wouldn't like to block it. It is already annoying enough to click regular illus off when using BA. If anything, I'd like to remove BA's illusion component, not wurine illu.

-Raz

Wut?  Current version = 1 buff slot.  New version = 2 buff slots, one with the Werewolf illusion and one with the stuff you actually want.  Click OFF the Werewolf illusion or block it (you wouldn't want to permablock it if clicking it off each time is far too much hassle why exactly?) and you're back to 1 buff slot exactly as you were before.

People who lose out: those who absolutely must look like a Werewolf all the time, they technically lose a buff slot.

Hzath

QuoteQuote from: Hzath on Today at 08:17:18 am
Make it into "only" 2 than now that it is only 1. Some ppl has suggested that the AA split in 2 and illu form would stay at it current slot. So wurine illu + wurine buff + regular illu = 3

Wurine + ikky clikky = mount useable. unless I miss something incredibly basic.

I was referring to if wurine did get split.  There would be no reason at all to use the wurine illusion AND another illusion.  Uberpus is right that the only people who are actually losing a buff slot are those who absolutely love being a werewolf, I'm pretty shocked there's this much opposition to the idea.

Personally I am in the same boat as Denti, i play first person 95% of the time and like the smoother attack animation of the werewolf.  I still think it's a good change to split the illusion from the buffs though. 
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Razimir

Quote from: Hzath on August 17, 2009, 07:08:27 PM
Uberpus is right that the only people who are actually losing a buff slot are those who absolutely love being a werewolf, I'm pretty shocked there's this much opposition to the idea.

And more clicking for those who doesn't want to have perma block wurine illu.

Click wurine AA. => 2 buffs
Click other illu for effect => 3 buffs.
Click wurine illu off.

Keep 3 buffs or click one off. It is more hassle than now anyways and I'm against it. Not gonna post on this topic anymore, I've done enough explaining.

-Raz

Maylian

And failed to make a cogent argument against, I guess if SoE care they'll split the buff and allow us to decide whether to permanently block or not.

Nusa

Have to expand the block list before suggesting that as a viable solution to anything. My pet list is full with more I'd like to add, and mine nearly is.

If you absolutely must go down this path, suggest an ALTERNATIVE spell without the illusion. Don't break a spell that a shocking (to quote Hzath) number of us actually like the way it is. And don't tell me an alternative spell is too much trouble...it's nothing more than copying the spell and deleting one line.

kharthai

Maylian

Quote from: Nusa on August 18, 2009, 12:47:23 AM
Have to expand the block list before suggesting that as a viable solution to anything. My pet list is full with more I'd like to add, and mine nearly is.

If you absolutely must go down this path, suggest an ALTERNATIVE spell without the illusion. Don't break a spell that a shocking (to quote Hzath) number of us actually like the way it is. And don't tell me an alternative spell is too much trouble...it's nothing more than copying the spell and deleting one line.

Shockingly a number of us don't like it the way it is, several people since SoF release / beta have been asking for it to be split. Both cases are valid but pet buff blocked window means nothing to this discussion.