Main Menu

Do you want Pact split into 2 buffs?

Started by kharthai, August 15, 2009, 08:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razimir

Quote from: Maylian on August 17, 2009, 09:34:50 PM
And failed to make a cogent argument against, I guess if SoE care they'll split the buff and allow us to decide whether to permanently block or not.

And the cogent argument for is "I'm tired of looking like wurine?". Yeah right...

-Raz

Maylian

Better than your retarded comments of.....I'm to lazy to click of a buff, or it will take up three buff slots. Wake the feck up Raz. In all honesty this argument is pretty moot since SoE doesn't check these boards and the vote so far is in favour of it splitting...

**Amended was in a rush during lunch**

Nusa

Hey, attacking the person rather than the argument is an automatic penalty!

The word is "moot". And ya, 25 votes on a message board isn't going to convince anyone to do anything.

Grbage

I prefer to leave wurine as it currently is, play in first person myself so never see myself as a werewolf. Now the looks of our 6-legged freak is another story.

For the whole blocked buff part of the debate, yeah my list is overflowing already with blocked buffs on just about every toon. Devs need to either up the number of buff slots that can be blocked or make it so when you block an RK1 version of a spell it also blocks RK2-3.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Grbage on August 19, 2009, 02:23:39 PM
For the whole blocked buff part of the debate, yeah my list is overflowing already with blocked buffs on just about every toon. Devs need to either up the number of buff slots that can be blocked or make it so when you block an RK1 version of a spell it also blocks RK2-3.

Or the ability to block whole spell lines.  I would love the ability to block the whole "Temp/Virtue" line on my Druid and a few of my boxed toons.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Bumkus

Get rid of the werewolf.

Utility:
- Werewolf can't use mounts
- Weapon speed animations are too slow, so easier to miss if Haste wore off
- Werewolf takes up an illusion slot which should be dedicated to BA.  (We should be able to BA when in any form, while also using Pact, like when using the Iksar Death Mask thing from FoS)

Flavor:
- Can't see kicks.  (Yes I like people to know that I am clicking everything on burns)
- Weapons look totally wrong in the werewolf's hands
- I kill werewolves.  I don't want to dress up like them.
- I play an ogre.  I don't play a dog, a stick figure or any other random model that happens to look the same as 4 other race's random models. 
- I play a bst.  dog werewolf makes me look like a shaman.  Try this: Drop warder, equip a shield and see how many people ask for Unity.

Given all the complaints about homogenizantion of EQ, they should do anything they can to let players retain their character's unique identities

Denti

Quote from: Bumkus on August 25, 2009, 07:33:12 PM
Get rid of the werewolf.

/veto

Utility:
- Werewolf can't use mounts

True, click random_illusion_clicky 5999 and you can.

- Weapon speed animations are too slow, so easier to miss if Haste wore off

Sorry, judging your haste status from your animation sounds like a daft concept, animations in EQ are not real time and therefore are by definition not the right tool for that job

- Werewolf takes up an illusion slot which should be dedicated to BA.  (We should be able to BA when in any form, while also using Pact, like when using the Iksar Death Mask thing from FoS)

Actually, no. We were never able to use BA with any kind of illusion. The only illusion that works with BA is Pact. BA transforms you into something else, as the name and the description of that ability implies. I see no ingame reason to change that behaviour, neither game mechanic nor lore.

Flavor:
- Can't see kicks.  (Yes I like people to know that I am clicking everything on burns)

Hopefully not only on burns. Kicks can do around 120dps, well worth using it allways.

- Weapons look totally wrong in the werewolf's hands
- I kill werewolves.  I don't want to dress up like them.
- I play an ogre.  I don't play a dog, a stick figure or any other random model that happens to look the same as 4 other race's random models. 
- I play a bst.  dog werewolf makes me look like a shaman.  Try this: Drop warder, equip a shield and see how many people ask for Unity.

True, but as pact is in fact a piece of our shaman legacy (it has some of the same benefits) i can see nothing wrong there.

Given all the complaints about homogenizantion of EQ, they should do anything they can to let players retain their character's unique identities

kharthai

Alright, I sent a pm to a CL and he said he'd pass it on.  No idea if he'll send it as is, but here's what I wrote.  (Chances of it happening while an expansion is being made seems slim, but maybe they'll get to it at some point).  Thanks to those who voted.

"I play a beastlord, and am fairly tired of the werewolf illusion.  I recently started a poll on beastlords.org asking who would be for spltting our Pact of the Wurine AA into two buffs, one having the illusion and the other having the rest.  Similar to what was done with the necromancer lich spells.

The majority voted yes, but a large minority were against.  The reason was they play in 1st person, and prefer the werewolf's smoother combat animation (no bobbing).  One of them came up with a suggestion that would keep everyone happy, and I'm hoping it will be considered.

Please create a new beastlord AA that is an exact copy of Pact of the Wurine, except with no illusion component.  Those of us who're tired of being a fuzzball could use it, and those who prefer the wolf could use the original."