Main Menu

Update on final fight

Started by Tzuka, October 16, 2004, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeshmal

This is incorrect, and suggests that the force required for this fight is larger than it really is. The fight has been made much harder in some ways, but it is significantly easier in some ways as well.

In particular, the Warders can be split from the Discordling Dark Animist.

We have our pair of monks split them. It wasn't even very hard, and it didn't take long. We took the Warders out in pairs, got the fifth one solo. They hit hard and they're tough to slow, but they have crap for HP; maybe 32k at most. Our tank took one down to 95% before the rest of us got around to hitting it. Any plate tank with decent (Ornate) gear can tank these without incident.

The Animist himself is still tough, but if you get him solo, which you now can, he's a wimp. Tank him with a solid Defensive/Stonewall warrior and he hits for about 800. Then just unload on him. Took us about 4 minutes with 22 Time/Gates people. The whole encounter was maybe 10, 15 minutes.

VahlaraEQ-Dev

Hi guys,

I'm looking into this.  

This event did need to be increased in difficulty because it was meant to be a raid event and it wasn't.  That said, it shouldn't take a Time-level force of multitudes to beat it.

It should take between 5 and 6 groups though of decent-geared folks.

Just want you to know that I've seen the issue and will look into it.  I'll have an update for you as soon as possible.  

Vahlar

Eatbugs

QuoteIn particular, the Warders can be split from the Discordling Dark Animist.

Hm, that wasn't true before the patch, which is probably why people weren't thinking in terms of splitting them.  If that's true now, it makes this fight significantly easier than reported.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Vidyne

If pets can be split, then I am fine with the new changes.

If pets still cant be split, then... it needs a tune down.

Catgal

From the info I see, I think it is still reasonable if the pets can't be splited. This mob is now like Pally's final mob, probably ours still easier. I would only complain if they didn't fix the drop rate in ME to tune this up.

QuoteThe 2nd to last fight (Girplan) is not likely doable by 2 people of ele gear or below. I don't know what all has or hasn't changed since the patch, but I did this fight after the patch.

Girplan was only partially slowable and hits in the 800s. Pet pulling didn't work - even with rune V and Virtue. The pet just died too fast. It looked like the pet was summoned while it was returning - this happened at least 5 times before we tried something else.

Bold and Italic part: Ummm... ? You did something wrong here...

EDIT:
- Pretty sure Girplan doesn't summon people when it is still at 100%, so I assume it summons at 96%. You did something wrong here.
- For pet pulling, use /pet hold + /pet follow, instead of /pet hold + /pet back off. It helps a lot, coz in back off mode, the pet will be walking, and in pet follow mode, pet will be running.

Ekss

Quote from: Catgaluse /pet hold + /pet follow, instead of /pet hold + /pet back off. It helps a lot, coz in back off mode, the pet will be walking, and in pet follow mode, pet will be running.
That hasn't been my experience: if the pet has previously been told to /pet guard, then when you back it off (by whatever means, /pet hold or /pet back off) then it will walk back; however, if the pet was previously in follow mode you can back it off and it will run.

I think what you say about /pet hold and /pet follow will work as you describe; I just don't think /pet hold and /pet back off won't work (unless the pet has been told to guard, as I say).
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Gremkin

Vahlara-

Can you be more specific as to what you mean by "decent-geared?"  That is a pretty general term that can mean a lot of different things, depending on your perspective.
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)

Giledorm

Quote from: GremkinVahlara-

Can you be more specific as to what you mean by "decent-geared?"  That is a pretty general term that can mean a lot of different things, depending on your perspective.

Dang, someone beat me to the question.  Glad I finished reading the thread before posting.   :oops:
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Rhutubok

Thanks for the quick input Vahlara. I will add though that 5 to 6 groups sure sounds like alot.

Rhutubok
Oger on Brell
Rhutubok Dreadpaw
65 Beasty of Brell

negrismorte

Quote from: Catgal
QuoteGirplan was only partially slowable and hits in the 800s. Pet pulling didn't work - even with rune V and Virtue. The pet just died too fast. It looked like the pet was summoned while it was returning - this happened at least 5 times before we tried something else.

Bold and Italic part: Ummm... ? You did something wrong here...

EDIT:
- Pretty sure Girplan doesn't summon people when it is still at 100%, so I assume it summons at 96%. You did something wrong here.
- For pet pulling, use /pet hold + /pet follow, instead of /pet hold + /pet back off. It helps a lot, coz in back off mode, the pet will be walking, and in pet follow mode, pet will be running.

It may have been lag, which I why I wrote looked.  The pet got half-way back to the group then warped back to the middle of the pack.  The pet was sowed and appeared to be running.

If I ever get the timing and group ready for the final battle, I wil try to pet pull the warders.  I know I can't get three groups of time+ geared people  :?

Edited for quoting probs.

Khelindros

The warder will only walk back if you have it /guarded somewhere. otherwise /pet back off will make it run. use sow on the pet for faster results.
Khelindros Dragonfury <Rising Darkness>
70 Wildblood
FV Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=912453

Oneiromancer

QuoteThe tuning changes to the Dark Animist were not tested and not ready to go live yet.
We will take a look at this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
-Prathun

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=beastlordbalance&message.id=1941#M1941

Figures...

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Quinnotetiquan

This is nothing compared to some epics final battles, not to mention just about the whole Bard 1.5 epic.

VahlaraEQ-Dev

Hi all,

Just to clarify:

When I said "decent gear" I meant that this raid event should provide a good challenge to skilled players that may just be ready to enter, or are early in, the elemental planes.

And yes, this is a raid event, which means that it should take a small raid force (5 to 6 groups) to complete.  The 1.5 epic quest is still designed to be attainable to the more casual guilds, but not soloable or done with one or two groups.  You still need a good number of friends to get it done.

That said, after watching beastlords go through this content, the epic raid event was not difficult enough.

The changes are being looked at and tested.  As soon as I have an update for you, I'll let you know.

Vahlar

Katillone

Sadly, to the casual gamer "small raid" is 2-3 solid groups.  5-6 is a full blown 2-3 guild raid in a lot of cases and almost never happens.

I know that personally, being that I cannot play daily, or sometimes even weekly, trying to get 30-40 people to help me do anything would be very difficult.  I'd get the response of "Well you seldom play, why should I bother helping you out?" and then get laughed at.

I'm sorry, but still.. college > eq, and if I could put together 4-6 solid groups for anything, I wouldnt be "casually raiding" and in a tiny close knit guild.  I'd for sure be elemental/time/ikkinz+ geared by now.

I wish I would have had the expansion and had time to play before it was beefed up beyond completion, but because of my "casual gaming" experience, I've been screwed again.  I thought the money I put into my 2 accounts every month was worth the same amount as anyone else who pays for their 2 accounts, regardless of play schedule.

Katillone Tammik
Eclipsing Sojourn
Innoruuk Server