Main Menu

Single pulling with Green pets?

Started by Gobkin, January 09, 2005, 06:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobkin

Hey guys, I have just joined this board to ask if anyone has tried single pulling with green BL pets?  The concept is the same as when an SK FD pulls with the pet...

Get a green pet up (Better if you have suspend minion) and cast invis on yourself.  Sic the pet on the one you want to get, and then pull it back to ya... better if pet has sow so it doesn't die on the pull.  I was able to successfully do this at least once in a north ro ldon, although I'm not sure how well it will work over an extended period of time.

The questions I would have, for someone who wants to test it, is...
Will this typically work versus a group of non-see invis mobs?
Will this typically work versus a group of see invis mobs?
What happens to agro if the pet dies on pull, and what else conceivably might happen to cause more than one mob to agro the pet?

Anyone who has tried this extensively please post more info

Thank you,

Gobkin Dragonfury, Tholuxe.

Nusa

Pet pulling works for all pet classes with pets of the appropriate level. Single pulling with an appropriately green pet is possible in many cases -- the pet must survive the pull for the trick to work (failure is basically aggroing everything like you pulled them yourself). On the plus side, level restrictions don't apply to buffing pets, and they're still going to have your high level resists.

Invis does not stop aggro transfer from the pet to the owner, only lets you pass stuff that isn't aggro on you or the pet easier.  FD does break the aggro transfer. And when you get a bard and a SK with pet affinity together they can do amazing things. Bard sings divine barrier right before the pull to make the pet invulnerable. I've only watched that being done, not personally done it, so I may be missing some details. I expect the DB trick would work fine on us but we don't have the security of FD to fall back on.

Tastian

Yeah you can use the green pet to pull a lot of things.  You don't need to invis though.  The main thing to remember is the aggro transfer though.  If you do something to raise your aggro over the pets (since pet puts you on the hate list) such as sititng down then you can pull a whole room on yourself.  If you are pet pulling with a green pet then suspend minion helps to keep your real pet, also putting sow/buffs/poc/etc on the green pet can greatly increase it's survivability. 

Gobkin

Ok, so I guess it doesn't work.  My thinking was SK FD, faction of mobs to them is indifferent.
If Beastlord invis, faction to them is indifferent (if stuff doesn't see through invis) then pulling with the green pet should get you a single pull like when they're FD (cause faction on both is indifferent)
I guess it doesn't work, but I'm going to try it anyway... right now!  I'll get back to you on if it works or not.

Gobkin

just verified what you guys said, you don't need the invis for it to work when it does.
Pulling with the pet was the same either way with or without invis. I was hoping it would work since we can invis with the pet now... darn it!  But like you guys said, it still works a little bit...

Gobkin

Another use for the green pets I've found (just to throw this out there) is for when you want a bunch of low level stuff to agro you, and you're too high level to get them any way but single, sic your green pet, let it get a bunch of agro, and die.... and you get all the agro after it dies.
one time when I was Pling a bunch of people in PC, I used the 9 pet to agro all of B2, and pulled it all the way to b1..:P.

Skankathi

Pet pulling owns.. I can pull just about anything with it, as long as nothing sees invis.  The 69 spell we get that rune helps out a ton. SoE also helps a ton. ive pulled the 1 group names near the zone in in fire.. from wayyyy out in the field back to the zone in $.  Practice makes perfect.

Kizar

Me and some friends just 1 group killed Galremos in SolRo Tower..
(Long fight)

Pulled the first two horses and killed them then did the pet pull on named

Called up lvl 9 pet..got just in range for pet to attack when told
pet died instantly ...but only Named came...no adds.

The other horses are close enough to agro, and will agro with the named because we attempted it the previous nite.
We did not use pet pull as we were going to pull the horses and kill them first.
First 2 came together..
Next 2 came with Named and another 2.

So based on this experience...as long as you are not sitting and you are not in the agro radius...pet dies..mob comes

Kizar

bham

In my experience if your warder dies while still near theother mobs they will add. I guess you got lucky.

I always try to use a warder that is as high a level as possible while still being green to all the mobs. For instance I use the 58 warder to pull level 70 LdoNs and a level 60 warder for RcoD and MPG. Back when I did Harbingers spire some I used the 54 warder.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Gobkin

Going to try out a few more things pulling with the green pet- if anything interesting comes up I will post it here.

Dakat

with the DPoC focused level 60 pet spell, it is green to most mobs in north part of WoS. So you can single pull all the time.  Works best thought if you have a bard in group and you have the persistant minion aa.