Main Menu

Pet size vs pet color

Started by rraane, July 09, 2004, 03:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rraane

So I hear that our new pets in Omens will be even bigger. I am not saying that I don't like the fact that my pet is huge, it is just that in zones that are indoors or places where I am grouping it has become a bother.

Even though everyone knows Vah Shir pets do not shrink properly I still get requests to shrink my pet all the time even though she is already shrunk!

I was hoping that in the new expansion that instead of making our pets bigger, I am not sure what I would do with a bigger warder, they could perhaps make them a different color?

I know that the pet augment was supposed to have that effect but I believe it was removed or is permantly bugged?

Anyway I think it would be cool because it would give a real measure of what lvl the pet is after it is shrunk and everyone would know if you were using the 65+ pet instead of the -65 pet.

Rraane

Giledorm

I was very disappointed to not have a black wolf after getting my DPoC.  Hopefully this patch on the 14th will address pet shrinking finally and put an end to the worry of bigger pets.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Jagze

Its all about the EGO.

I actually dont mind the big pet when I am outdoors or solo. But it would be killer to have a dye option for our pet thats saved info like our armor dyes are done.
Doesnt really need to be a ton of color choices but maybe an added AA or something....to show status or accomplishment.

Kromjr

Nifty idea, i wouldnt mind adding some dye to my pet or something.
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Leatherneck

Quote from: JagzeIts all about the EGO.

I actually dont mind the big pet when I am outdoors or solo. But it would be killer to have a dye option for our pet thats saved info like our armor dyes are done.
Doesnt really need to be a ton of color choices but maybe an added AA or something....to show status or accomplishment.

An idea just popped in my head, don't know how workable or realistic it is, but..

What if your warder would change color/markings based on what zones you were flagged for.

What would be very cool, but very unrealistic, would be if there were effects based on what zones you were flagged for.  Example:  If you'd been in fire, your warder would have flaming footprints.  If you had been in water, your warder would stop and shake the water out of their fur every once in a while.  If you'd been in time, your warder's animations would semi-randomly speed up and slow down (even though there'd be no difference in combat ability).  That sort of thing.

Lorathir

Quote from: JagzeIts all about the EGO.

Absolutely, but a big no no to it being an aa. Let it be thrown out so that EVERYBODY can enjoy it. And no pastel's guys - we're not Bards.  :P The pallette should be limited.

Noxdowne Draggout

If I had it my way my warder would be the size of a pygmy bixie......

:P

Nox

Leatherneck

Quote from: Noxdowne DraggoutIf I had it my way my warder would be the size of a pygmy bixie......

:P

Nox

Amen.

Yllandra

Bring on the Bigger pets! With the changes comming up, pet shrink should stick with zone/suspend, so that won't be as much of an issue... and like someone else said, outdoors i love having my huge tiger alongside me.

But...

also, make damn well sure we *CAN* shrink them down tiny for when needed.

And I would LOVE to be able to get Shana to summon up as a Siberian tiger instead of a bengal. (I did... once... when I got my DPoC... had to go to EW to do it. - only damn zone it worked in - AND it was a buggy skin!)

so... yeah... Give us alternate appearances, let them keep getting bigger... while retaining the ability to shrink! (of if you can't do all three of those... Give us alternate appearances, and the ability to shrink 'em... and fix the siberian tiger graphic!). (Black panther would be cool too... but I think that would require a new model =\)

Zurash Kittenclaws

The Sony forums have some interesting ideas being thrown about. The one I like is the possibility of an OoW pet being a completely different model, as opposed to simply making them bigger (which would be a nuisance I think) or another colour. (ok but a little tacky)

A different model would show that a BL is at the top end of his game, and I think that after 65 levels of the same pet a change would be nice. :)
Elder Zurash Kittenclaws - 70 Beastlord - Lanys T'Vyl Server

Lunani Snowfyre

Quote from: Zurash KittenclawsThe Sony forums have some interesting ideas being thrown about. The one I like is the possibility of an OoW pet being a completely different model, as opposed to simply making them bigger (which would be a nuisance I think) or another colour. (ok but a little tacky)

A different model would show that a BL is at the top end of his game, and I think that after 65 levels of the same pet a change would be nice. :)

me and my cute tiger dislike this idea. we are not like necros or mages which have no relationship to their pets. my warder is a loyal friend and he has been since lvl 9. I simply don't want to exchange him to a unknown new model
[65 Feral Lord] Lunani Snowfyre (Vah Shir) <The Unholy Inquisition> - Kael Drakkal
[63 Warlock] Nunila Bloodfyre (Dark Elf) <The Unholy Inquisition> - Kael Drakkal

Kebrarn

Quote from: Lunani Snowfyreme and my cute tiger dislike this idea. we are not like necros or mages which have no relationship to their pets. my warder is a loyal friend and he has been since lvl 9. I simply don't want to exchange him to a unknown new model
Well we all know He-man was the oringinal beastlord and he had a cool cat that transformed when he got stronger.  How are we any different  :P
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

mrowrr

Grizly Adams fans would argue that he was the original beastlord being that he was a product of the 70's while He-man was a product of the 80's :)
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Zurash Kittenclaws

As Kebrarn said. I don't feel that we would be changing our loyal old warders for new ones, more that our old and loyal friends would simply be evolving in power and form, much as we ourselves have through our new skills.  :)
Elder Zurash Kittenclaws - 70 Beastlord - Lanys T'Vyl Server

Rakarr

I'd definitely be in to having  a somewhat different model, say for Vah Shir, maybe a sabretoothed tiger, but still a tiger, just a subtle difference, or maybe a coloration change. Perhaps even a reeaaly subtle particle effect around the paws or something like that. Something low frequency so it's not too spammy.

For me it'd still be the same pet. I always thought it would be cool for armour to show on the pet when I gave it armour, even if it did nothing :)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=973008" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rakarr
67 Beastlord
Drinal