Main Menu

Ritual summoning upgrade..

Started by Suffen, July 15, 2004, 03:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suffen

Went up to 88 for max hit on pet, but has anyone else noticed a large increase in the misses that pet does now?  Anyone know what the avg hit % is on minion of eternity?  I swear since patch, my pet is parsing much lower than before, least before he was hitting 70-80avg with max pet crit/flurry...now he's doing 55-70 avg.  Hit % is at 45% avg or so..Maybe i'm just having a bad night, or the mobs in LDON hards are gettin stronger...

Urim

I was just about to post about this very topic, today i heard that Ritual Summoning was "fixed" and working. SO i loaded up my parser and decided to test it out, to my utter dismay i was shocked to find what i thought was a broken pet. Sure pet was hitting for 88 max but for some reason his dps was all over the place. FOr instance here are his combined bite+bash dps for 10 consecutive fights.

53, 60, 50, 75, 49, 57, 83, 68, 54, 52

This was with full maxed out pet AAs, and Pet Affinity. Pet had Arag's, Rellic, Strength of Tunare, Bot9, Kazad.  Now this is in vast contrast to what was being parsed out before this supposed upgrade to Ritual Summoning. Before this upgrade pet was doing a pretty steady 70-80dps with very few outliers. Now its averaging around 60 with a TON of outliers.

Pet Hit % is also averaging out for the entire night at 54%. This seems AWFUL but unfortunately i dont keep old logs so have no clue how old pets used to do. Maybe some people with other focus effects could do some parsing for us so we can determine if this is a problem with all pets, with only a certain focus or maybe it was just a horrible string of 117 fights that i had.  :?  Oh, btw this was all done in Yxxta caves camping BiC quest pages.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Tastian

Those fights do seem all over the place, but what was your average fight time?  Shorter duration fights really add dps variations, especially when dealing with higher damage.  The average damage does seem much lower though even for mobs you were fighting so I'll see what I can dig up for parses.  Hit % doesn't seem too far off though, so maybe it's just damage distribution got fubbed with the chance.  Yalp lets you breakdown pet hits across the various values, so see if the graphs look about right.  They should have roughly the same distribution with the focused pets graph simply having higher numbers.  Biggest thing that gets me about the parses being random is almost all of your outliers are on the low end of the scale.  Even dpoc focused pets randomly spike into the 100dps range depending on fight duration.  *shrugs*  I'll see what I can find before bed, but probably have to wait till tomorrow.

Urim

Well, after my really weird results from exp/farming session yesterday it prompted me to want to actually parse out the "supposed" Ritual Summoning upgrade over Minion of Eternity. So with the 2 hours after raid tonigh i decided to head down to Katta banker to figure out the difference between the two. I figured that i could do an hour long parse with each focus effect and compare the results. This ended up being a bit weird considering the pet only attacks for 10min 1 sec and then stops. To bypass this i did 6 10min1sec fights with each effect and then used EQCompanion to combine the 6 fights into 1 total. And the results .... well they really suck. Below i will post the results from the 2 hours of parsing.(Warning: DPS in these posts is going to be exaggerated and not be actual pet dps considering Katta banker is green con with extremely low defense skills)

6 Minion of Eternity Parses
Fight 1: 91.72dps
Fight 2: 95.60dps
Fight 3: 92.34dps
Fight 4: 87.69dps
Fight 5: 86.35dps
Fight 6: 93.40dps

COMBINED:
Duration: 1hour 6 seconds
Total Damage: 328,822
Bite Damage: 314,140
Bash Damage: 14,682
DPS: 91.19
Total Hits (Bite+Bash): 4832
Total Misses (Bite+Bash): 2384
Hit %: 67.0%
Hits per second: 2hps
Bite Max: 142
Bite Min: 21
Bite Avg: 73
Bash Max:46
Bash min: 19
Bash Avg: 28
Single Attack: 18% of time
Double Attack: 24% of time
Triple Attack: 31% of time
Quad Attack: 18% of time
Quad+ Attack: 8% of time

6 Ritual Summoning Parses
Fight 1: 94.08dps
Fight 2: 86.18dps
Fight 3: 94.72dps
Fight 4: 89.13dps
Fight 5: 92.66dps
Fight 6: 91.41dps

COMBINED
Duration: 1hour 6seconds
Total Damage: 329,454
Bite Damage: 313,876
Bash Damage: 15,578
DPS: 91.36
Total Hits (Bite+Bash): 4786
Total Misses (Bite+Bash): 2388
Hit %: 66.7%
Hits per second: 1.99
Bite Max: 145
Bite Min: 22
Bite Avg: 74
Bash Max: 46
Bash Min: 19
Bash Avg: 28
Single Attack: 19% of the time
Double Attack: 25% of the time
Triple Attack: 31% of the time
Quad Attack: 17% of the time
Quad+ Attack: 8% of the time

Now i know an hour long parse is probably not enough to fully figure out all the ins and outs of this "supposed" upgrade but it sure has me extremely worried. From looking at the data it can be seen that Ritual Summoning does indeed increase max hit by 2 over Minion of Eternity but this has a nonexistant change in the pet. The dps of the Ritual Summoned pet is only .17 more then Minion of Eternity which is probably within the statistical probably of error (only 1 semester of Statistics, dont even want to bother trying to figure it out :)) and the Hit % actually went DOWN.

If there happen to be any parsers out there that are lucky enough to have both pet focus effects and could parse the difference out as well we can start to see exactly how crappy of an upgrade (if it actually is) Ritual Summoning is. Hopefully if we are able to compile some good information that we can give to Sony so they can fix this for us. I'll try to do some longer parses this weekend when im able to get some time off of work but having to sit at computer and hit pet attack every 10 min isn't exactly what i would like to do hehe. Oh, also if anyone happens to have a mage/necro friend with both focus effects so we can see if  Ritual Summoning has exact same effect on them. They might be interested in learning if its busted for them as well.
Maelin Starpyre

Caali

I'm pretty sure once Coprolith gets here he'll tell you that those parses are not significantly different, as you mentionned yourself. Even without hauling out my old statistics text, those looks pretty much identical to me. Seems it's still broken.

Besides shouldn't the max hit increase be bigger than just 2? I mean from DPoC to Minion it was 77 to 86 (I believe). Seems to me the next level should be around 95 or so...
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Tastian

That's part of the discussion.  The upgrade is a joke.  Then again the dps upgrade portion of the dpoc is a joke.  Most like it for the big regen and miss the fact that dps boost is laughable at best.  The focus doesn't add enough to pet max hit (and other hits because of how focus works) to make any major change in dps.  The hit% should be almost identical because all you gain is the pet going up a level, so nothing substantial.  Basically the entire dps boost comes from the higher values the pet hits for.  In this case 2 more to max and other values within their hit distribution.  Look over some of the old parses of the dpoc pet verse non-dpoc pet.  It's extremely minor.  Your parses are nice and you can parse more (I <3 more data), but if the only change is 1 level and +2 to max hit (and other hits in distribution) you simply aren't going to see a huge boost to dps.  In fact some fights pet can easily parse under what it did before because of the RNG and the range you are dealing with.

Urim

QuoteYour parses are nice and you can parse more (I <3 more data), but if the only change is 1 level and +2 to max hit (and other hits in distribution) you simply aren't going to see a huge boost to dps.
Thats the point im trying to get at with these parses. Ritual Summoning which is supposed to be an upgraded pet focus simply isn't due to the very crappy way they made if affect our pets. I very much want it looked into and changed because right now upgrading to Ritual Summoning just isn't worth it.
Maelin Starpyre

Tastian

It's been discussed on the other boards a lot.  It does need attention imo.  Like I said though it isn't a surprise, the change that it makes just like what the dpoc does for damage is laughable at best.  Since you don't gain even more insane regen and the only other real bonus is the level boost it's quite weak atm.