Main Menu

UF 2nd release AA ideas

Started by Khauruk, November 29, 2009, 09:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razimir

Quote from: Kanan on December 15, 2009, 02:18:03 PMLord.. stay realistic.. better charm than chanters... we've never had that in our class premise, why should it come out of the blue?

Well, not entirely true. In old days there was a way to charm snow bunnies and buff them with bst buffs, which used to raise pet level. When charm fade level boost stayed and those mobs were killers. It was nasty surprice to fellow bunny killers. Worked on lions and etc in EC too. :D

How ever I don't think we are gonna get the best charm in game.

Maybe we could ask for longish recast FD or Fade as rangers have fade too.

-Raz

Hzath

Warder's Sacrifice

Must have a warder alive to activate
100% drop agro
Invis
Warder dies
15-30min refresh

Write some lore crap about warder using all his energy in an attempt to help us escape from danger, sacrificing himself in the process.

There's my official pitch for our escape AA.  With all the see invis and dangerous areas in this expansion being able to drop agro once every so often when traveling around for quests would be extremely helpful.  Loses some luster on raids having to kill the warder to drop agro, but it would still be awesome having the option to drop agro rather than die if a tank splats.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Khauruk

Dire Charm is denied for upgrades every expansion by developers.  No reason to think we'd get it added to our class now.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

kharthai

Quote from: Hzath on December 15, 2009, 06:36:32 PM
Warder's Sacrifice
There's my official pitch for our escape AA.  With all the see invis and dangerous areas in this expansion being able to drop agro once every so often when traveling around for quests would be extremely helpful. 

I agree.  Pet death is a decent downside idea too.

I'd prefer a FD to a fade, there's plenty of lore there with animals feigning death, and obviously our monk roots (whether that counts for anything these days I couldn't say).  But either would be nice. 

Karve

shammy get a ring with fd clicky and totem escape aa, monks get fd. both parent classes, surely we learned something ? . FD ftw!

Professional Mad Bastard.

Kanan

Quote from: Hzath on December 15, 2009, 06:36:32 PM
Warder's Sacrifice

Must have a warder alive to activate
100% drop agro
Invis
Warder dies
15-30min refresh

Write some lore crap about warder using all his energy in an attempt to help us escape from danger, sacrificing himself in the process.

There's my official pitch for our escape AA.  With all the see invis and dangerous areas in this expansion being able to drop agro once every so often when traveling around for quests would be extremely helpful.  Loses some luster on raids having to kill the warder to drop agro, but it would still be awesome having the option to drop agro rather than die if a tank splats.

Great idea imo.  We lose some dps ability with the death of the pet and get to dump agro.  Yes, we can have a pet in our pocket to whip out almost immediately thereafter, but it'll give us some really good incentive to use that pocketing AA more than we presently do.  I haphazardly use Suspend minion.  If this ability were around, it would become rote really fast to get a pet up, haste & proc buff it, suspend & then get the other out to fully buff.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

Summon Companion AA, like the spell, currently summons your pet if it's not on a hate list.

A second rank could summon your pet regardless of hate status.

A third rank could summon your pet and remove it from mobs hate lists.

Sikkem

Quote from: Nusa on December 16, 2009, 03:29:39 PM
A third rank could summon your pet and remove it from mobs hate lists.

Pet pulling might see this given a long re use time.
Mages off course will scream because they should get it and no one else and monks will most likely oppose the idea.

I like it  :evil:

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Zunar

Been thinking it over for a while, and here's my revised wish list :)

Jolting kicks AA
weapon mastery AA
Flurries - with our weak triple atk skill this wouldn't make our break anything much
FD/FADE AA - any way of losing agro...

more DA, TA
Pet Twinproc AA

Maybe we should start puting together a list at some point, to give to devs when that time comes?

Karve

if the devs are bored, also some more useful ouput to /pet report would be nice.  .. seeing what slots your pet has equipment in would make equipping them somewhat less "did I give it x and y already".

Also a nice ability to switch between pocket and current pet. and/or an ability to remove the pocket pet without affecting the current one.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Catnip_Inny

Zunar

Quote from: Karve on December 17, 2009, 12:15:03 PM
if the devs are bored, also some more useful ouput to /pet report would be nice.  .. seeing what slots your pet has equipment in would make equipping them somewhat less "did I give it x and y already".

Also a nice ability to switch between pocket and current pet. and/or an ability to remove the pocket pet without affecting the current one.

Hmm, a pet inventory screen could be nice...and AAs that make the items persist even on warders death?

So when you summon a new one, it'll have the inventory set saved, and applied onto the new pet :)

Hey...I duno how realistic it is that they'd actually implement something like this....but I'd like this /grin

medoc

1 i would like to see that pet defencive upgraded it is only 5% and doesn't even stack with cleric vie i think that's what you call it.
2 pet dps is still poor it needs loving also
3 maybe a flurry line most other classes have it
4 more double and triple attack
5 maybe a few seconds added to our normal defencive disc 10 or 12 seconds is not that long really

Martosh

i wish for a pulling tool from us or our pet

fd for the pet or something like that
or a paci that work on animal and insect

Umlat

Too many vah shir Beastlords -- it's like herding cats...

I hate working in point form thing - the current version of beastlord mods is sitting at 20,000+ words. Of course it covers a lot of ground beyond AAs and spells, but while its possible to break it up into sections that fit in the different categories here , I think it it's better presented all together.

Couple of AAs that do spring to mindthat arent quite so intrinsic to it are :

Burst of Might - Each Rank increases the double attack cap by 5. So that double attack stays ahead of triple attack.

Feral Frenzy - Each rank increases the chance of a triple attack by 3%. This way our multiple attack skills follow the same format.

Flurry - We're the only melee/hybrid that doesn't get this now I think, so we should get it. SKs get flurry and so do their pets, we should too, instead of it ending up in the "every class within an archetype, except beastlord" category like some abilities do.

Increased attack range/reverse strike - the ability to hit targets further away with melee\the ability to strike mobs to the flanks and rear with both regular attacks and ripostes with different ranks.

I'll have to finish tidying up that article and post it soon.