Main Menu

Special Events and idiots

Started by TerjynPovar, March 16, 2004, 11:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerjynPovar

Why, oh why, do the morons have to come out whenever they put anything special into EverQuest?

Ok, they added Fabled items and monsters.  Neat.  What fun.  Why does this bring out the scum of the server?

I'm sitting in Unrest, on my way down to the Dwarven ghost...when, from zone in, a Ranger shouts "Zone is camped".  Uhhh...what?

Comes down and claims he was there first and that if I won't leave peacefully he'll just have to Killsteal me.

And people wonder why GMs don't do events much.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Tighe

Got news for you, they're out 24/7, whether there are events on or not.  Things like this just put them in the spotlight because there's more people around to see them act like this.

TerjynPovar

Depends on what you are doing.  I avoid BoT like the plague because of people like this guy...events just make them spread out and get even more greedy.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Maeceo

On the bright side the fabeled items are no drop. At least that can control the farming to an extent since no maney can be made when obtaining the item. At least that is something.

Whiptail_Warclaw

Was a laugh today... a level 61 Mage was running around and KSing the skeletons from people and if you said anything, he would go off in /ooc about how much of a n00b you were and how he didn't care.
Next thing you know, a couple of 65 from the same guild trun up and start stalking him and doing the very same KSing of his mobs, back at him.
Well didn't he cry about them KSing over /ooc... Don't know about the rest of the people in the zone, but I was laughing my ass off at him and cheering on the 65's.

Karma... what goes around, comes around, even in EQ.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Gariyn

It doesn't just happen on events. Me and a friend zoned into inner ac last night and ran down to the archsage/anacist (sp) camp. There were 2 people right at zone in and keeped ooc'ing that inner was camped.  we said what part are you camping and there said the whole of inner.

You would think they would check the spawn poits of  the names as they where both up. So we got pets and buffed up waited 5 mins to see if they were coming down, I went back to check if they were moving from ZI but they we still pulling from the other direction. Oh well we got the names and kept the camp.

:twisted:
Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious

Jkal_Shihar

QuoteOn the bright side the fabeled items are no drop. At least that can control the farming to an extent since no maney can be made when obtaining the item. At least that is something.

god, i wish that was true. was taking my alt over too najena to try and get jboots for him and guy in there is charging to kill mob for you (never asked him how much) but i would have to be put on a waiting list of like 20ish something other ppl.
said no thanks, there no drop so i shouldnt have to pay for something that i am hoping will spawn the item i want to begin with.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

quinalla

Most people on my server were forming "lines" to kill the fabled mobs, so not too bad.  There always has to be some bad apples, but also good to hear about some folks banding together to stop the bad ones.  

I just did the firework staff quest, pretty much all the folks doing that one are quite cheerful :) I highly recommend it.

Rhaynne

I'll prolly do the firework staff thing tonight.

Camped Fabled J-Boots day 1... 10 hours and I was 6th in line, but I have them.

Would be nice if they don't nerf them.  Instaclick sow is so nice.

malkor wolfestorm

A rl friend was telling me for the sow boots he started a raid for the list and I thought it was a great idea.  

Who ever is next in line is the looter and passes it to the next after s/he loots the boots.  That prevents a ks also.

Dumpty

Interesting silhouette of 2 dogs humping in your sig
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Pojodan

I do gotta wonder what SoE was thinking in regards to these legendary items... the majority of them are neat in that they're pretty easy to come across, arn't teribly great, but someone without uber equipment can still put them to goo use so the competition for them is fairly low.
And then there's the FFBSS, FJBoots, and a couple others that are borderline -too- good that's gonna have half the server gunning for them... Did they -not- think that hundreds of folks would be packing themselves into these zones and fighting over the camps to get the drops?
I really feel they should have done this better... perhaps have a new instanced zone where you can chose your target and attempt to go at them, make it especially chalanging, but not impossible for a non-uber.

Revisiting Velious days of cut throat spawn camping just doesn't appeal to me.

Grbage

This was a great idea that players have turned into a nightmare. A guy was trying to sell the necklace that drops in BB for 2k the other night. Matter of fact he locked the corpse until it rotted to prevent anyone from getting it since no one would pay the 2k.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Dorrogtr T`A

:?  that's pretty bad, even for me saying it.

gumblackwood

Well, according to the news text for this patch (3/23), a few of the fabled items have been *tweaked*.  I think ffbss and fjb will have quite the smaller line for them today.  I really don't think much thought was put into some of the fabled items or what would happen with a "limited" release of items.
Venerable Gumudan Blackwood and Max
Barbarian Feral Lord and companion on Xev
Members of Lions of the Heart
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=888727
"Shrink Warder Please"