Main Menu

Special Events and idiots

Started by TerjynPovar, March 16, 2004, 11:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celodar

All I see is that the fabled mobs have brought back the fabled camp stealers, fabled whiners, fabled botters, fabled waiting lists, and fabled extortionists (for example a guy shouting "nobody will get this camp unless you pay me 10kpp per kill").

I say make the fabled mobs a quest pop from the normal mobs, where you turn an item or something to the normal mob, it turns into a fabled state, and gives you a container.  When fabled mob drops, stuff some fabled doodad plus the normal mob drop in the container, combine, bam, you have the fabled item.

The old camps made old EQ suck hardcore until there were enough zones and LDoN missions for people to do, so territory was less of a problem.  This fabled crap just brings back the fabled old days of highkeep and now paludal of people bitching, KS'ing, and moaning in /shout or /ooc.

TerjynPovar

The "tweak" on fabled items was that items with right click effects(Fabled Jboots/Fabled Pegasus Feather Cloak) were usable on anybody...they were tweaked to be made self only.  I'd be extremely surprised if any other changes were made to any of these items (other than adding a recommended level).
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Funzo

Once again, Sony ... so close.
I'd been waiting for a reason for people to return to the old zones that don't give "uber exp.". Perhaps if the fabled were left in indefinately, the immediate demand would go down and the camps would thin out and the morons would go back to what they were doing before March.
Funzo Frantic, 65 Male Vah Shir Beastlord - Ayonae Ro

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=977636

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

gelia

I got the one I wanted.  

Fabled Fippy's Paw.

Completely useless, but necessary.  :D