Main Menu

Serverwide irresponsibility

Started by Pojodan, March 25, 2004, 08:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pojodan

So I'm minding my own business today and I get a tell from Meowmyx, one of my friends on Rodcet and a great beastlord, that Dorrogtr is kicking me from serverwide if I don't take him off ignore (Me having put him there for maliciously spamming the channel almost daily).  I tell him no and I get kicked.... Fine, I rejoin and nothing more happens.

Then Dorrogtr discovers he can change voice permissions and my Misc window suddenly gets filled with spam of me losing and regaining my speaking privlages while Meowmyx tells me that Dorr says 'ill give u voice if u take me off ignore'

This is unacceptable downright jeuvenile behavior.  I'll start a new channel if it becomes necessary to prevent this idiotic behavior.

Rhaynne

I spent about 3 days in the serverwide channel about a year ago.

That was more than enough childishness for me and I haven't joined since.

spoottquickblade

i was on the serverwide for like hour like 6 months ago and saw nothing but a few people spamming how uber they were and how much everyone sucked compaired to them over and over. you can say i lost interest really fast.  maybe someday i join serverwide chat again, but dont hold your breath
Fennin Ro
Spoott's Clothes
"Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig might like it."

Knaw

What is the serverwide kindergarden for other than linking stuff the linker don't own?  :roll:
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Cyphen Wilder

I like the place since I autojoin it knowing that I am not gonna really be there for information but more for the tomfoolery that the channel is comprised of.  It breaks up the hour to hour bore of grinding with some stupidity that makes me laugh.  If you think that by joining serverwide bst chat there are going to be frank discussions of class balancing and character development, you are going into it with the wrong mindset.  Keep those discussion saved for here.

Hrann

QuoteThis is unacceptable downright jeuvenile behavior.
Of course it is, as it is undoubtedly coming from a juvenile.  I used to autojoin that channel when it first started up, but after a while it seemed as if a whole class load of 8th graders found it and the spam became too much for me to bear.  Guild chat is enough for me now.

Kashmiir Battlekat

Perhaps send him a PM on this issue. He does reside on this board and actively posts.

Just fyi.

Pojodan

I know well of and put up with the stuff going on there.. I just had to rant as he was deliberately trying to get on my nerves by spamming me with speak permissions when he managed to obtain moderator rights.

I also know there's nothing I can do about it.

Hence why this is the Rant forum  :wink:

Lowger

Joined serverwide channel religiously for a month and then it became more than I could stand.

The maturity, assistance, compassion and comradery that the channel started with went straight to the toilet and was replaced with idiocy, pre-pubescent posturing and complete ignorance.

That's not to say that everyone in that channel fits that description.

Haven't been in the channel for more than a year and haven't autojoined it since that one month when it first started.
Lowger Daggermaw and Bubba (he's got big gums suh!)
61 Savage Lord
Polemides
55 DruidBot
Convergence of 7th Hammer
Support the people who support gamers, not businessmen!
The Beastlord's Den
The Druid's Grove

Finamdar WS

Hehe, yeah. I dont even bother with that forum any more.
Lord Finamdar Tundrawolf
Feral Lord
Lanys T`Vyl

mac173

Does anyone moderate the moderators? How did he get Moderator status? Personally, if I cared about it, I'd look into ways of haveing his mod status taken away, or just do as you said, start your own channell.
I personally never join any serverwide channells, as I am too busy trying to keep up with tells and group chat. After hearing many rants about the beastlord serverwide channell, I never even considered it.

Kashmiir Battlekat

Moderator status in channels I believe is set by "He who has been in the channel the longest"

The Kittenpeeler

I still autojoin. My guild's one of those goddamned "silent" guilds, so when I'm off in, say, nurga or jaggedpine by myself, not much to talk about.

It's -always- a veeshanite doing this crap, though. Maybe if there's a way to block a server...

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=872119">http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Kittenpeeler/Sarthasig.jpg>

Dumpty

Yeah wth they need to implement that ability so i can can just put veeshan.* on ignore
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Valsuvious

I'm autojoined in the shaman one at all times, and I'll pop into the beastlord one from time to time depending if I'm on Ticking or not.  Really, you will find the same people all over the place in each and every class.  For the most part the shaman one is civil at times, but sometimes you get someone that comes into there and just spams it for about 10 secs with the same phrase repeated about 100 times.  However I can say that I've met more than my share of people that I can refer to as friends now.  When I first learned about the shaman one, I knew that whenever I got into the channel and asked a question, someone would eventually answer me, and I try to do that now a days to all the people that might need the help.  

There is of course cock measuring once in a while, but most of the time we do it out of fun, and it's usually done between the people in there that consider each other a friend or associate.