Main Menu

The one thing that's bothered me for ages...

Started by Lorathir, March 28, 2004, 01:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorathir

is killing gods.

It just doesn't make any %$£"%$&* sense to me whatsoever.
They moulded Norrath, breathed life onto it and created us. Nurtured us as we grew, watched over us and divinely guided us for thousands of years.

As a thank you, we assemble large groups of spoon heads all together, invade their domain and kill them. Or thier 'representative' or whatever. So we can wear a Breastplate.

It's no wonder they've turned their backs on a planet that's chock full of panty wastes.

Wouldn't you?  :roll:

Lorathir

Hmm.

Given further thought, who's really the remedial Woodwork champions?

Us, for having the downright nerve to attack our gods, or our gods, who don't even notice a 40 man raid buffing in the next pissing room?

Knaw

AFAIK the mighty Agnos has never been killed on any server yet  :P
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Lorathir

Quote from: KnawAFAIK the mighty Agnos has never been killed on any server yet  :P

:lol:

I had to think about that one for a sec. Well, it does sound like one of those wannabe Greek lookin Auliffe geezers!

Bryc

It's a good point. How can a Druid kill Tunare, while using Tunare's Renewal to heal the melee?

I've always thought Priestly power should scale with your faction. If a Cleric is max-KOS with his god, guess what? His god's not going to send him any divine power.

For non-Priests it s a bit trickier, since you don't depend on a god per se. An Agnostic should be able to kill as many Gods as he wants, since he dosn't believe in them. However, a follower of Cazic-Thule is presumably asking Cazic for guidance and help in many small ways.

Perhaps as you gain faction with your god, it has a small effect on the RNG. You hit more, fizzle less, etc. The reverse would be true, a Warrior who was max KOS with his god would be a walking jinx.

Not that things could change a this point in the game, hehe.
Bryc ~ 65 Feral Lord of Fennin Ro
Barid ~ 59 Templar
Bric ~ 60 Heirophant (ret.)

The Kittenpeeler

I've always figured priests and priestly hybrids should have deity spells beyond imbues. Let's take... Oh, Clerics.

Mithaniel Marr would give bit AC bonuses and hard undead nukes / DoT's / whatever.

Erolissi Marr would give efficient heals and lull spells, as well as improved rezzes

Innoruuk, on the other hand, would give a few all-purpose DoTs, maybe poison.

Bertoxxulous would give his creepy little kids high disease resists, and a few DoT's. Maybe some of the cripple spells as well.

Cazic Thule would hand out fear spells and some low-level undead charms.

Tunare would bless with stackable HP buffs and some nice HoT's. Maybe a low charm animal spell or two.

Brell Serilis would be good for AE roots / snares, PBaoe damage spells (Earthquake?) and such.

Rodcet Nife would bring the world's best heals and cures to the game. Period. 10k complete heal? Remove ALL poison / disease counters? More people need to start in Qeynos anyway.

And while we're over there, Karana wouldn't provide a whole lot. Magic nukes, cornocopia, and let's give him weather control as well.

Lastly, Bristlebane would just cause chaos. Snares, mezzes, and a funky spell or two that I can't think of... Let's make being a Gnome Cleric worth the trouble!

I could go on... tunare gives Druids a lot of "Nature" spells, while Karana gives nukes and such... Eh

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=872119">http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Kittenpeeler/Sarthasig.jpg>

Lesclay

There are lots of 'theories' regarding this and pertaining to the lore available but the best I've seen so far is that we dont actually kill them. The Gods themselves aren't tangible beings so they place part of their true power into husks that are there to enforce their rule over Norrath. I guess this would mean the 'planes' are a focus for the true gods to maintain power over their husked self.

So we don't actually kill them just a minor part of the power.
Lesclay Meshuggah
65 bst of Morell-Thule
<Exiled Gatekeepers>

Kinash

Now you know why the Gods send Luclin crashing down into Norrath, thus causing EQII to come into existance! The Gods will strike back!
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Lorathir

Hmm, could pave the way for the next expansion...

EverQuest : The God's Strike Back...Who will you be?

Gasp at the marvel of seeing Innoruuk buying muffins in Freeport
Witness Lord Mithaniel Marr quadding Cougars in Iceclad
Cybor Cazik Thule
Experience the splendor that is Rallos Zek in his tinted armour "Superman" colours

A world awaits...

Kinash

Doubt the next expansion will deal with this as the whole storyline behind EQ2 is the destruction of Luclin and Norrath by the God. They will get even with us! Personally I thought it was silly that we could kill them anyway... they should be like 250th level. Heck, I remember in the old days when the Tech GM's were all over level 200!
Kinash Kattar
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)

Pojodan

Quote from: KinashNow you know why the Gods send Luclin crashing down into Norrath, thus causing EQII to come into existance! The Gods will strike back!

So they punish the race that just doesn't follow them, the Vah Shir, by killing them off completely so they can just make those that used to follow them suffer by smashing up their cities?   How rude!

Kinash

QuoteSo they punish the race that just doesn't follow them, the Vah Shir, by killing them off completely so they can just make those that used to follow them suffer by smashing up their cities? How rude!

See.... thats what happens when you refuse to take sides! We didn't acknowledge those darned gods.... now they send us crashing down to destroy their worshipers!
Kinash Kattar
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)

Xuthaz

or because cat's on the moon is the worst possible idea for an expansion to date?
Elder Xuthaz Everhate
- Iksar Feral Lord -

Tailzin

Quote from: Xuthazor because cat's on the moon is the worst possible idea for an expansion to date?

:o

If it wasn't for such an expansion our class wouldn't exist! Point taken though, they must have been smoking something very special at the time :P
Tailzin
65 Feral Lord
## Venril Sathir ##

Bryc

rofl

I never looked at it that way before.

Cats on the Moon, and Aliens with Roman Names.

It's like Santana wrote the design doc.
Bryc ~ 65 Feral Lord of Fennin Ro
Barid ~ 59 Templar
Bric ~ 60 Heirophant (ret.)