Main Menu

I'm an Idiot

Started by Redmarrow, April 20, 2004, 12:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redmarrow

April 16th was a day off for me.  Wife was working, kids in school.  It's a rainy day so no guilty feelings about mowing the lawn.   I'm up early with 5-6 hours of playtime ahead of me.  Not completely awake yet, and working on my first cup of coffee.  I log into the bazaar, pick up a few fists of Ixsplat and muzzles and get ready to have a bit of fun.
 The last thing I had done before logging out is sell my vendor trash, so I had two Opal Encrusted Steins equipped.  Summoned Kitty, armed him, and yeah you know where this story is going, gave him my Fist of Lightning.  
 So I beg him a bit, read somewhere this worked.  It didn't.
 So I enlisted a guild wizzie to duel me and try to kill Kitty for a loot.  I kept Kitty on hold.  Wizzie blasted away.  The plan was for him to get Kitty too 15% hps or so, root and I zone out.  Hopefully this would create a lootable corpse.   We played with this a bit, we wanted a controlled kill and let me tell you Kitty regens fast!  Wizzy moved up the scale on his nukes and then got a crit.  Dead warder and no corpse.  L
 So I petition, and got a friendly guide.  He escalated the petition but I haven't heard back from a real GM yet.
 So this is majorly upsetting.  My stomach hurts and I don't even want to log into EQ.  Hard for a GM to help me out though if I don't.  
 Now I pulled this stupid trick, it was my own fault for not paying attention, but at the same time, the Fist was no drop!  It really sucks to have an augmented weapon (double no drop if there was such a thing!) lost this way.  
 Anyway figured you guys would understand how bad this is.  None of my non-EQ friends or co-workers even begins to understand how frustrating this is.
 The fist is in my magelo below, in my secondary slot.
[link=www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=901158]Redmarrow[/link] Feral Lord of [link=www.dragejegerene.com/] Dragejegerene [/link] -  Stromm

Mindlet

Doh that sucks. I don't know whether a GM will give you it back or not. If you get a nice one they will. You don't actually need to be logged on though to get items back. Long time ago just when they brought in the new interface it was causing problems with looting your corpse. I lost a bag to it. Petitioned and heard nothing for about a week then one day the bag and all items we on me when I next logged in.

JillieMT

Oh yikes, good luck Redmarrow...  :cry:
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Gekshia AB

I have done the exact same thing once. GM replaced the item, because pets take nodrop items without question. The GM did tease me a bit about it though :D

Hang in there .. I'm sure you'll get your item back
http://www.addict.dk/rocjen/gekshia.jpg" border="0" usemap="#gekshia">http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=438836&resize=true" target="_blank" alt="Gekshia"s Magelo">http://www.mightydanes.dk" target="_blank" alt="Home of Mighty Danes">

Hzark

This happened to am acquaintance on Torv, he gave his pet his Golden Wraps of the Compact.  :shock:

GM gave it back.

Good luck.
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699

mac173

Good luck, I hope you get them back.

My experience with GM's has not been good, in that after more than 10 petitions and 15 to 20 e-mails, I have never heard from a GM. I hope yours is better than mine.

Pojodan

:D

Well, good to know that pets will eat NO DROP items, I had assumed that they, like other NPCs, will give stuff back if they can't use it.

For future reference I'd suggest seperating your loot bag and your gear bag.  Have your bag with your opal steins, alternate weapons, etc in the bottom right slot of your inventory and when you go to put them on just place your worn weapons in the space the steins originally where..  This way stuff that you loot/buy will be in the higher bags where you'd go to look for them rather than your gear bag.

Redmarrow

I got my stuff back this morning, 22 pettions, 3 e-mails, and 2 phone calls later.  Persistancy pays I guess.  They did simply put it on my char while I was at work so no personal contact with GMs ever.  

Thanks for the tip there Pojodan.  My bags are definatly rearanged!  I'm also only using one stein now when selling vendor trash.  It gets me to 118 or somthing cha and I'm calling that good enough.  The Fist ain't coming out of secondary slot for any reason now!
[link=www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=901158]Redmarrow[/link] Feral Lord of [link=www.dragejegerene.com/] Dragejegerene [/link] -  Stromm

JillieMT

Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Gatito

Good to hear!  I can imagine how disheartening that must have been!  Just glad it all worked out.  :)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=220421>Gatito Vicioso
67 Beastlord of Prexus
Alliance of the Griffin

Sariss Bloodscale

On a sidenote: You only need to get your charisma to 104 and faction to indifferent for the best merchant prices.  Stick with the one stein :)

mac173

GRATZ!
I'm glad it worked out for you.

houbbs

This has been a long time gripe of mine that the SoE programmers are so lazy with coding. Why does every thing in the game have to look the same when in bags and equipped. It wouldn't take them that much time to start adding unique graphics to items in bags/equipped. Instead they work on things like new login screen pictures.

celodar

Perhaps a flag on the inventory window of items, a checkbox "locking" the item.  Until the checkbox is unchecked, the item cannot be given, dropped, traded, tributed, or sold.

Then, lock your vital gear, and don't worry about it.

TerjynPovar

Quote from: houbbsThis has been a long time gripe of mine that the SoE programmers are so lazy with coding. Why does every thing in the game have to look the same when in bags and equipped. It wouldn't take them that much time to start adding unique graphics to items in bags/equipped. Instead they work on things like new login screen pictures.

If "not that much time" is 6 months minimum, and you aren't bothered by an even longer loading time and worse graphic lag than you already have...

I like Celodar's idea...and have seen that implemented in games before.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server