Main Menu

OMG! My guild just..

Started by Losariav, January 20, 2004, 01:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Losariav

There seems to be a growing trend here, of people posting threads in all sorts of places about what target there guild just killed....ya know if you were the first ones to do it it mightta been newsworthy, now I could barely give 2 pieces of turtle doo when these targets are downed on my own server, much less yours.  So on a class board like this, how about something informative, that can help the class on your thread.  Tired of wasting my time sifting through threads with these long load times, to look at your post of you killing so and so, and the endless bumping of said thread by people saying nothing but grats or worse yet, just adding a smiley... Argh! aggravating.  Am I all alone here? if so I'll never mention a thing about it again.
Losariav's junk
65th Beastlord
Mithanial Marr

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: LosariavTired of wasting my time sifting through threads with these long load times, to look at your post of you killing so and so, and the endless bumping of said thread by people saying nothing but grats or worse yet, just adding a smiley... Argh! aggravating.  Am I all alone here? if so I'll never mention a thing about it again.

You are not alone.  I hate all related "please stroke my ego" people /oocing 'ding' too btw so I'm on the extreme side.

It adds to the frustration when the title of the thread is "Finally!" or "OMG is it true?" or whatever other ambiguous important-sounding thing that, for whatever reason, I still expect to be some kind of "warder changes" or "DPoC broken" news.  After a few years you'd think I'd realize these posts are full of nothing ...

Soullbash

I personally don't have a problem with it, but I HATE thread titles that are not descriptive.  If people would title their thread correctly then others that don't want to read it would know what to skip and what to read.
Level 63 Savage Lord
Avengers in Faith
The Rathe

DiosT

I agree, but dont wanna make a 'scroll of honor' forum.. no one ever goes there :-P

I might try and, sometime down the line, set up a way for someone to set up an announcement about obtaining level X in the index header that simply has text saying "Grats to the following"... not sure yet though, takes a lotta work to set up :-P

Ghoat

My guild did the PoE rings/Arb last night, weeee :)

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Argach

OMG Ghoat, so did mine! While I was asleep, too.  :wink:

Gnarloth

62.10 Iksar Beastlord on Prexus
Xanthic

bugman

its even annoying on server specific boards.

"suchandsuchguild downs VINDI" is just generally a waste of space and annoying as 1) you're several years too late for most people to care and 2) people still try to be nice so it ends up 3 pages long and of course annoying for that reason.

its even worse when its something big like a guild killing RZtW and theres a huge grats post and its started by someone from that guild. i mean c'mon at least let the ego feeding be done by others and not yourself. omg we're so great look at us we're great /selfhug is pretty pathetic and again annoying.

a long time ago i decided i was going to just be an ass about it all. i never grats people for AA dings, i never g rats people for downing mobs that arent a server first, i never grats people on gear, grats people on a new spell etc. just sick of all the "grats me on suchandsuch" and every grudgingly says "grats" when really they wanna say "so fucking what 400 people before you have done the same thing and didnt have to congrats themself to bring attention to it"

if its truely something great and the person isnt be a self centered ego maniac about it ill send a private tell with a heart felt congrats, otherwise nobody gives a shit and im not gonna be one to pretend i do with a meaningless response.

btw grats me on a grate post!!!!11 /selfhug
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Rhaynne

QuoteMy guild did the PoE rings/Arb last night

OMG Ghoat, mine too!  /snooze

Noriko

It was hard work for everyone but after 3 wipes, we just did our first orc raid in camp 1 in east common.  :lol:
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X

Mahes

We have to do PoEa and Arb tonight.  :(

Back flagging is teh suck.  Think we have...1-2 people that even need Arb.

Soullbash

I have a question keep in mind the only planes raid I have been on is the PoN Hedge event.  Why do people hate back flagging?  Are the encounters that boring?  I read about how much people hate it on my server message board also, but I would think that the encounters would be designed well enough that redoing them wouldn't be a "chore."
Level 63 Savage Lord
Avengers in Faith
The Rathe

Morganti

/wave Losariav
<--Keriayna

Rhaynne i like your avatar :D

and i haven only done the PoJ Trials, but last night i completed a sucessful "Fridge Raid"

~D~

Laba

I don't care what the event is, everything gets boring after doing in 100s of times (yes over 100 times~). Eles bore me to death now i've done them for sooo long (especially earth rings omg). Can't wait for GoD and YAY new content.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Argach

Backflagging .. depends. Some of it might be fun, some might be massive PITA, some might be hours of torture. But the inherent achievement of killing something when yer backflagging is low, so if Saryrn is giving ye grief (perhaps because yer missing 30% of the raid force who have spied with their alts that the raid is in PoTorment and not in PoTime before deciding whether or not to log on with the tagged main), it's just old crap ye have to deal with. And ye know if ye have the numbers ye'll get it done sooner or later, loot'll suck and rot, fight will be boring etc. Old stuff. /afk brb picking my nose

But when time VZ is being a real pain and blocking ya from stage 5 for the second month in a row, ye know a victory will be SWEEET, and the loot something to drool about, and that ye'll get to try out new stuff once ye get this figured out. It might be as bad or worse as doing backflagging in a way, but the stakes are way higher. Different strats are being tried out, people are arguing in /gu, ye get to figure out what ye did wrong or right. It's a challenge, something ye and the guild has to win.

I love some backflagging, some of it is just boring but fast and some, like PoEa arbitor, is a hell.