Main Menu

OMG! My guild just..

Started by Losariav, January 20, 2004, 01:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoat

Soullbash, imagine if say twice per month your guild - your ENTIRE GUILD had to spend the entire night raiding for Seb keys.  Been there, done that, omg, I dont wanna do it again!  Even when there is decent loot, sometimes just going thru the headache & hassle of something that really wasnt that much fun the first time is really t3h lose.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Soullbash

I guess I haven't had to repeat something in EQ enough to make me dislike it, but the old world is a different game compared to high end raiding.
Level 63 Savage Lord
Avengers in Faith
The Rathe

Ghoat

Yeah, for better or worse :)

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

mac173

Quote from: bugman"so fucking what 400 people before you have done the same thing and didnt have to congrats themself to bring attention to it"

4oo or more, but none of them me.

I find it interesting that all the ranting about this is from Level 65's. It's understandable that killing a mob you killed 2 years ago will not excite you. It's sometimes silly seeing someone PL'ing, and /OOC'ing every 3 min with a Ding. But I will not refrain from announcing the first time I do something significant. It's not meant for you, Mr. SNoB 65. It's meant for those at my level and experience, to whom this is still new and exciting. If you don't gratz me, I'll live. In fact, if your that bored with the game, please don't congratulate me, you don't mean it, and I don't need my parade rained on.

Quote from: Losariavya know if you were the first ones to do it it mightta been newsworthy, now I could barely give 2 pieces of turtle doo when these targets are downed on my own server, much less yours.

So if your guild takes down the Sleeper there will be no announcement of it here, will there?

Quote from: TheOriginalGronkerIt adds to the frustration when the title of the thread is "Finally!" or "OMG is it true?" or whatever

/agree

My one and only post of this type was on the old board and titled "My First Named". If you couldn't figgure out that was low level, you deserve the smilies! :D

Elrathin

Well I could tell I was real tired when I first read this post and the responses, cause I got really pissed.  Then the cofee started kicking in and thought  a bit.  There is no problem of a guild tooting their horn.  I know a lot of guilds on my server that have worked their butts off to get to where they are and to kill that "uber" mob they've been wanting to kill.

But I tend to agree with most that it belongs on a "server" forum and not a "class" forum.  So yeah while I wouldn't mind reading how a certain guild on my server just downed vindi, THO, Emp whatever...I would prefer not to hear it here on a class board.  Just my 2 cents thrown in....who knows maybe with everyone elses 2 cents, we could buy a soda and share it  :P

-Elrathin-
-65 Feral Lord-

Konji

We just did Cursed yesterday!

And Quarm day before... ok we were board.

Phurbi

Just the thought of flagging\keying at all makes me shudder, let alone backflagging people...  If it takes more than a couple hours per component, I'll pass.

I see people working for the VT key for instance, and complaining about the time it takes.  Just wait until you're all keyed and get to farm it over and over and over.

All to equip yourself for...  the next time sink.
Phurbi - Feral Lord
Ten out of ten people die, so don't take life too seriously.