Main Menu

One last hit from fleeing mobs

Started by Soullbash, January 20, 2004, 02:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soullbash

Frequently a mob that runs at 20% cannot do so because they are stunned from my pet's proc, yet when they can finally run at 6% health they take a final swipe at me while turning to run and double hit with one hit being their max damage.
Level 63 Savage Lord
Avengers in Faith
The Rathe

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: SoullbashFrequently a mob that runs at 20% cannot do so because they are stunned from my pet's proc, yet when they can finally run at 6% health they take a final swipe at me while turning to run and double hit with one hit being their max damage.

Hey I'd take a swipe at my attacker too before turning to run :roll:

Soullbash

Quote from: TheOriginalGronker
Quote from: SoullbashFrequently a mob that runs at 20% cannot do so because they are stunned from my pet's proc, yet when they can finally run at 6% health they take a final swipe at me while turning to run and double hit with one hit being their max damage.

Hey I'd take a swipe at my attacker too before turning to run :roll:

And I am sure you would be able to double and hit for max damage while turning to flee.
Level 63 Savage Lord
Avengers in Faith
The Rathe

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: SoullbashAnd I am sure you would be able to double and hit for max damage while turning to flee.

That would be nice, yes.  Preferably all of my attacks.

Are you complaining that after being stunned, mobs attack you when they come out of stun, just like players, or do you think their so-called AI should 'turn off attack' as soon as they get below 20% health?

If you see the mob below 20% health and stunned you can always stand back and let it take its last attack on someone else or one of the pets if you don't feel like being attacked.  Or, have someone root it so you wont notice this at all.  As for one hit being for max damage, I assume these are isolated cases for you as they do not always hit twice, with one being max damage, before they death march.

Soullbash

I get hit for max damage about 1 in 10 under the circumstance I described.  This isn't a serious complaint I just find it annoying that a mob turning to run seems to hit me for max damage more often than it does when I am fighting it.
Level 63 Savage Lord
Avengers in Faith
The Rathe

Atropine_BB

I could care less that it doubles on me for 400-600 damage...

What really pisses me off is when it interrupts my final nuke, the death blow.  Or the bastard just plain bashes me when they should be running and interrupts the death blow.
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

Scalewulf

Are sure what you're referring to isn't a ripost?  

Hit from the front, even fleeing mobs will ripost.

Soullbash

Could be, I hadn't thought about that.
Level 63 Savage Lord
Avengers in Faith
The Rathe

Lacerate

Still more fun is when the MOB has been dealt a deathblow.
"You've killed suchand such"
Faction Hits..blah blah

and then from beyond the grave they get one last hit in. Always causes me to spin around looking for the add I thought I just somehow picked up.

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: ScalewulfAre sure what you're referring to isn't a ripost?  

Hit from the front, even fleeing mobs will ripost.

Yes, you have the possibility of riposte coming into play of course.

But this is just exactly the same as players behave, apart from running away (well, in general ...).  Your attacks are on a timer (you've attacked, and your next attack is in X seconds) but attackes are delayed if you are stunned - the timer does not stop, but you are not allowed to 'swing' until the stun is over.  If stunned long enough you will attack exactly when you leave stun .. mobs behave exactly the same way except that when below 20% they will wander off afterwards if they are the fleeing type, and none of their friends are within assist range.

You can perhaps contend that if below 20%, the mobs fleeing should take priority over attacking, but if attacking when you come out of stun takes 0 time (i.e. your attack timer has expired while you were stunned) I can see why the mob would perform this attack rather than just running - seems logical to me given the implementation of EQ combat.

Zukn

EQ>reality
Surely we all know that by now :)