Main Menu

Rant attacks!

Started by Hrann, January 27, 2004, 08:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hrann

I've always been a fan of boards that don't allow personal attacks.  They just seem to promote more rational discussion and less idiotic raving.  It has been explicitly stated that this board is of the type that doesn't allow personal attacks.

However.  I haven't seen anything stated regarding the rules in the Rant forum.  I assumed that the rules were the same here as they were elsewhere on the board, but from reading some of the threads here I may be mistaken.  I've seen several incidents where direct flaming from one person to another was overlooked by moderators.

What I'm wondering is, were these oversights?  Or, are direct attacks allowed in the Rant forum only?  That certainly wouldn't be a unique policy, as many boards allow for different rules in the Rant area than the rest of the board.  I prefer consistency across forums, but it doesn't matter too much to me - I would just like to know for future reference ;)

Ghoat

As I understand it sir, you will be banned due to your previous post :(

That's actually a good question, that I hope one of the d00ds will pop in and answer it soon :)  I got some nasty things to say about Sarjent.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Vecsus

I think most forums that have a Rant section give people a little more flexibility in their interaction with others.  A Rant is, by nature, a strongly worded opinion that is nearly certain to annoy some other posters.  If someone is going to step up on a platform and rant they have to be prepared to have some rotten fruit thrown at them.

And of course there's always the basic general rule of a Rant forum:  If Vecsus speaks then let the flames begin.   :twisted:

I actually think its good for people to get it out of their systems from time to time.  We can't all like eachother all the time.  I'd rather someone attack me and stimulate conversation than to just sit and let resentment fester in silence.

The Mods here are quite qualified in the identification and correction of any thread that gets out of hand.
Vecsus Strangiato <Enlightened Dark>
Feral Lord
Tarew Marr
MY MAGELO!

Kashmiir Battlekat

Well, to be honest, I do not personally Moderate this forum very heavily and I let many things 'slip' through due to that. Intentional? I suppose it is somewhat... it is a rant forum... :)

Allow me to say that if you are getting "personally" attacked in ANY forum please feel free to PM a mod or admin. We will definately take a look and end it. We do not want folks thinking that this is a free-for-all deathmatch game in this forum (or any others)....

But yes, we do let some things slide in this forum... language especially. Im not going to moderate someone who is pissed off unless they go 'too far'.

Hrann

OK well then, you are all a bunch of suckas.  And screw Vecsus.    :twisted:

DiosT

/cough hrann

Personal attacks are not allowed board-wide

Language & rantous flaming of no particular person or group of people are more open here though.. but still wanna stay away from strings of cursing :-)

Hrann

My last comment was in jest I hope you know ;)

OK DiosT, thanks for the clarification.

Ghoat

whoooooosh! right over the head ;)

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll