Main Menu

Paging Ailing Walrus,... Paging Ailing Walrus....

Started by Zorthaz, June 20, 2006, 09:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

Your party is waiting for you at the Western Wastes zoneline.  Please show your sick face so they can stop killing all your fuzzy friends.  I have now spent five, 2-3hr sessions trying to get this varmit to spawn.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions besides whole sale slaughter of  the walruses?

Thanks,
-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Tardar

Slaughter Rulez!!

And about your only hope.......

Skanda

Took me 8 hours straight of camping him to get him to pop. Have fun.  :-(

tunr

6 days at 3-4 hours each to get mine and he was up when I zoned in on the last day.
Tunr Pishsandwitch
an Officer of
SoulBound of Mith Mar
-----------------------------------
We are the beastlords that say -- 'Roar!'

hakaaba

Yeah i spent a whole weekend.  Have fun   :roll:

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

hokarz

I must have been damn lucky...every time I've gone to SG, the Ailing Walrus was up. Send a message in GC and have had other beasts scrambling to get there :) It took me longer to cross the zone than it did to find and kill the walrus.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Kanan

/chuckle.. when I got mine, I was getting a friend to come help... land in CS and someone's calling it rotting in /gu ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Zorthaz

Got back from vacation and he was up and waiting for me.  Now to get tailoring to 100.  I think I am stuck in the 70s.

-Z-

Kanan

make bags.. they're good for it & fairly easy/cheap

Zorthaz

Do you mean quivers?  I think bags are trivial at 36.  Quivers trivial around 115.  Hi-ho, hi-ho, its off to EK I go 9after HQ cat pelts).

-Z-

Kanan

I was thinking of Hand Made backpacks, but those triv out at 88 anyways, so quivers will be ur best bet, since ur not a vah shir, else shissar scales ftw ;p (love that cultural tailoring.. 264-267 in 30 combines ;)

Skanda

I used the tabel I found here --> http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=25961

QuoteTailoring - Tradeskill Trophy Quest
0 - 54 Tailoring Freebie: Tonlyei's Chores
55 - 66 Woven Mandrake
67 - 76 Picnic Basket
77 - 115 Tailored Quiver
116 - 128 Wu's Fighting Collar
129 - 135 Wu's Fighting Wristbands
136 - 144 Wu's Fighting Mantle
145 - 151 Wu's Fighting Sleeves
152 - 158 Wu's Fighting Shirt
159 - 162 Golden Cyan - Indigo - White - Crimson - Grey - Blue Ribbons (Foraged components needed)
163 - 167 Golden Teal - Brown - Seagreen - Forrestgreen - Black - Beige Ribbons (Foraged components needed)
168 - 182 Platinum Cyan - Indigo - White - Crimson - Grey - Blue Ribbons (Foraged components needed)
183 - 187 Platinum Teal - Seagreen - Forestgreen - Black - Beige Ribbons (Foraged components needed)
188 - 210 Epicthieck's Power Belt then Small Epicthieck's Power Belt
211 - 212 Ethereal Silk Swatch - Remember to use Geerlok Sewing Contraption
213 - 252 Epicthieck's Power Beltthen Small Epicthieck's Power Belt
253 - 262 Othmir Fur Cap
263 - 268 Holgresh Fur Cap
269 - 282 Holgresh Fur Moccasins
283 - 300 Holgresh Fur Cloak

For alternative skilling up path, check out DoN Cultural tailoring.
They are not all good skill up path for every race, because of the different items needed farmed.

It's gotten me from the 80s to 232 so far.

Kanan

if you're vah shir, which I could see the OP wasn't, so I didn't mention previously, masters cultural tailoring is wonderful stuff.  Make swatches to 188 and then farm another few (hundred?) thousand to get to 290 offa single swatch combines.