Main Menu

Where are the (Pet) Defensive Parses?

Started by Xalmat, March 28, 2004, 07:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xalmat

Mages parsed the pet upgrades up the wazzoo, and the results show a spectacular improvement in pet defense for mages.

So where are the beastlord parses?

[65 Arch Convoker] Sage Xalmat Lunaire (Human) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
[65 Archon] Eiyana Lunaire (Gnome) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
Lead Librarian/Moderator of The Magician's Tower

The Kittenpeeler

Beast pet sucks now. Move along, nothing to see.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=872119">http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Kittenpeeler/Sarthasig.jpg>

Tastian

There are only a few parsers in the beastlord community.  However, beastlord pet DEFENSIVE parses are something you won't see very much.  I did some back when DPoC originally was changed and weakened pet.  There have been some parses showing HPs on DPoC pet to be decreased.  HP/Offense are about all that matters to most high level beastlord pets.  My pet hasn't tanked in months.  I CB tank, aggro kite, group, etc.  My pet just never tanks.  Even with bigger heal for pet I just can't give up my dps well killing.  *shrugs*  Beastlord pets are used to tank the least at higher levels hehe.  Even my necro ToD pet tanks more than my beastlord does.  I'm very happy for mages, but this patch did almost nothing positive that I've found to beastlord pets and it seems to have lowered hps on DPoC pet, but I haven't verified yet.  The higher a beastlord gets (level, gear, AA) the less and less his pet tanks.  

Btw, not saying all beastlords tank for pet 100% of time.  However, not many pet/cleric at 64+ and have DPoC and parse hehe.  It's the overlap.  Besides like I said with how most beastlords play the pet doesn't tank nearly as much as a mage pet does for instance.

Dakat

I think they suck now too.  Let pet go play with trash in PoI and I slowed mob 65%. I had to heal pet twice with DPOC summoned. And he didn't seem to quad as often as he had in the past.

The only thing that seemed to change was the pet was 1 level higher, 61 and it proced more frequently.

Basically though, I think they overpowered Mage pets. Hell they already kick butt with spells, now their pet does just as good or better then ours.

Mtinie

I dont think mage pets were overpowered at all, they were due a increase.  We still have utility that mages do not, and I dont think you can compare our pets as an "apples to apples" comparison.  

I am glad they were upgraded, and quite honestly, they do not infringe on us in any way -- if anything, they make guilds stronger as a whole, and allow more with less.
Mtinie and Meatloaf
Sans Requiem - Xev

Tiggre

The only utility that the mages lack is that which they deny.  Better re-examine their line up.
Tiggre, 70 Beastlord
Rourke, 66 Exarch Cleric
Metaphisto, 66 Hunter Ranger
Thryll, 62 Necromancer
Loga, 61 Bard
Caution, 57 Wizard
Plissken, 53 Monk
Rhose, 53 Warrior

Bryc

From what I've read, the general consensus at DPoC level is:

1) No (or negligible) increase in offense
2) No (or negligible) increase in defense
3) Lost ~400 hp

To be fair, the HP loss probably applies to DPoC mages too.

I'm glad Mage pets got buffed. I'm sort of pissed they nerfed the DPoC.
Bryc ~ 65 Feral Lord of Fennin Ro
Barid ~ 59 Templar
Bric ~ 60 Heirophant (ret.)

Xalmat

Actually, for mages

1) No offense increase, besides a level raise
2) Massive defense increase
3) Water and Air got slightly more HP (+100 or so), Earth is unchanged.

To be honest I suspect the HP loss is a bug. Should definitely feedback and /bug it.

cougerofeq

Quote from: Xalmat
To be honest I suspect the HP loss is a bug. Should definitely feedback and /bug it.

I hope you are right - but until/unless its fixed, mages got buffed( a reward for constant whining) and we got NERFED(a reward for being content). All Sony is doing is making the argument for class envy and discontnent. My fear is the vast majority of BST will say "all is well" setting us up for more nerfs.

So much for "our nerfing days are over". Havent seen it even slow down. Such BS.

Goretzu

I think he MEANT:

Quoteour nerfing DAY is over...

i.e. no more nerfs today we're off to bed. ;)

Because there's NO WAY they could have meant:

Quoteour nerfing DAYS are over...

With all the nerfs that have gone in since he stated that.  :roll:   :shock:

TerjynPovar

Saying we got nerfed is kinda weird.  This is a single item people are talking about, which isn't even specific to the Beastlord class.

Furthermore, in spite of the fact that it did lose hit points, it gained a level, which makes it resist spells better, hit harder, land more procs, and get hit less.

Given that our pets don't generally need to tank for us very much, I think those more than cancel out the hit point difference.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Bengali

I did a quick and dirty parse against the same mob type that Xalmat used over on the mage boards, i.e., A Crystalline Golem in the Plane of Valor.

Spirit of Sorsha pet, DPoC focused. Buffs: Rellic, Arag's, Spiritual Vigor, Infusion of Spirit, Ferocity (for the heck of it).

I played pet cleric on a drogmor for this test. Note also that mob was 65% slowed, because that was the only way I would have enough mana to keep the warder alive for the entire fight (even slowed, I was at 10% mana at the end).

Results available HERE if you're interested, but the summary is as follows:

Spirit of Sorsha defensive

Avg 'Hit' Damage: 420
Avg 'Hit' Accuracy: 59.4%
Avg 'Hit' DPS: 76.5%
Overall Average Damage: 386
Overall Average Accuracy: 58.2%
Overall Average DPS: 78.8

As a point of comparison, Xalmat's results were as follows:

Rathe's Son Defensive

Avg 'Hit' Damage: 255
Avg 'Hit' Accuracy: 65.6%
Avg 'Hit' DPS: 140.46
Overall Average Damage: 235
Overall Average Accuracy: 65.7%
Overall Average DPS: 149.28

Ward of Xegony Defensive

Avg 'Hit' Damage: 277
Avg 'Hit' Accuracy: 62.6%
Avg 'Hit' DPS: 146.80
Overall Average Damage: 255
Overall Average Accuracy: 62.8%
Overall Average DPS: 155.29

Because I had to slow the mob to really do the test, the DPS numbers are skewed.   Also the the accuracy numbers are skewed because my warder enraged and started to auto-riposte.

THE ONLY STAT WORTH COMPARING FOR THESE PARSES WOULD THEREFORE BE THE AVERAGE HIT.  THE REST OF THE NUMBERS WILL BE SOMEWHAT MISLEADING.

The average hit (from the mob) for Sorsha was 420, compared to 255 for earth pet and 277 for air pet. Mage pets mitigate A LOT better than beastlord pets now it seems.

I don't have any tanking parses from before the patch for the reasons people have stated.

I suppose I can run the test again with an unfocused sorsha pet to see how much of a difference summoners boon makes.  I'll post a followup here if I do.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Bengali

I should also point out (before the class flames start) that Xalmat had equipped his pets with a full set of phantom plate, which amounts to 76 raw AC.  Assuming that pets have defense skills, etc. like players, that would result in even more *actual* AC.  This is mitigated a bit by the AC difference in Arag's and Burnout (49 AC difference) but I couldn't tell you the bottom line.

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

Bengali

I did another quick test, using an unfocused warder.  Average hit was 415, which is lower than the DPoC focused warder had.

This is only two fights, so more data is needed.  This suggests, however, that it is possible that the DPoC has zero effect on warder mitigation at all, and may be bugged.

Xalmat

If you can, find a cleric thats willing to heal for a long period ot time. At least an hour+ unslowed, or 2+ hours slowed.