Main Menu

Parses of pet with and without atk buffs...

Started by Tastian, April 29, 2004, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xalmat

Beats me, I might be mistaking it for Avatar (which increases DEX, whereas Fero doesn't). Oh well.

And its true, i did retire. PM me about it if you're interested, its not appropriate to discuss it here (thus derailing the thread  :wink: )

[65 Arch Convoker] Sage Xalmat Lunaire (Human) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
[65 Archon] Eiyana Lunaire (Gnome) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
Lead Librarian/Moderator of The Magician's Tower

Bengali

Quote from: TastianBeng, the point is you don't have to Frost spear every mob to come out ahead of fero on pet hehe.  Fero on pet is looking to be ~2 frost spears dmg in that 9 minute window for about the same mana.  If you have mana to cover everything then yeah it's looking like atk on pet does have an effect and isn't wasted like stamina.  It's really up to each person to see where that fits in for them.

Quote from: BengaliIf you're gonna go oom casting it, then I wouldn't fero the pet. But if you can spare the mana and aren't too occupied with other things to buff your warder, then I'd say it's a decent enough investment.

I don't really see how these two statements are that different.  /shrug
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

zaab

It may be that you are just posting buffs you put on your pet for attack damage, but does no one buff Fluffy with Kragg's?

Oneiromancer

I do when soloing, but not in general when grouped.  Lots of mana for hp when my pet never gets hit?  Doesn't seem necessary to me.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

zaab

I do a lot of ldon, and my pet is a better tank than most PC's, so I always buff with Kraggs.  Just wondering if it is overkill and if Flutty can handle 2 lv 65 adventure mobs without the time for kragg.  I generaly only heal him once, and mana is not a problem.  Fully buffing myself and 6 buffs on fluffy still leaves me with over 50% mana.  Main problem is I am usually the slower, and everyone has to stand around while I buff Fluffy then mem another spell set at the start of the adventure.

Tastian

My pet never get's hit and if he does kragg just doesn't matter.  Regen is 6% a tick if he lives hehe.  I don't have pet heal loaded, pet mend isn't used overly often.  If I were solo breaking a tough camp or something I might toss it on just because it lasts awhile and certainly doesn't hurt.  However, if I'm just exp'n at a spot I do a lot I simply don't bother wasting the few seconds and mana.  Just isn't close to efficent for me to have my pet tank.  I do know a lot of people that do buff the pet though (some buff too much hehe).  LIke I said though, can't hurt, so no harm in it, just not something I bother with.

kitanababe

Quote from: itouchThis could add some dps value to Pet Affinity AA through the atk added from SoT(60), SotP(70) and VQ(41) = 171 atk

I'm a little confused does arag's and VQ stack? i guess ive never tried and always assumed they didnt but arag's is better haste %age and more atk then VQ if they dont.

Tastian

Stromgaard

My warder always has Spiritual Strength, only use Fero on him at Tables in PoF :D

Jagze

[quote="Xalmat

By comparison, Frost Spear is 2.7 damage/mana.

Conclusion? No idea. Just a thought![/quote]

Thats assuming the mob doesnt resist Frost Spear.....it wont resist your warders melee very often...Unless it ripostes.

Tastian

"Thats assuming the mob doesnt resist Frost Spear.....it wont resist your warders melee very often...Unless it ripostes."

Well mobs "resist" melee a lot in dodges, ripostes, mitigation, etc.  However, looking at dps factors all that in.  When you compare boosts in dps you are already factoring in "resists" to melee.  However, when you look at nukes most look at max hit of the spell and ignore resists and other modifiers.  Resists tend to shift more from zone to zone than melee does in most cases so it's harder to get an average damage for a nuke.  Also when you nuke you lose a bit of melee damage in most cases, where as the damage from pet doing more damage doesn't take anything other than the time to land the fero every however many minutes.  Go figure, another case to go with what works for you.  8P