Main Menu

SUmmoner Boon Focus Effect

Started by Deaddragoxo, January 03, 2004, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaddragoxo

1) What is the exact effect? Lucy doesnt show it
2) where and how much is it?
3) How much does it "improve" your style of play?

Thanks

Ukator Iceblood

1. it adds a certain amount of hps, ups your warders dps a bit, and really ups the regen.

2. its from Takish for 700+ points

3. really hasn't changed my style too much, pet does have more hps, and the regen really helps.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Scalewulf

It is VERY worthwhile.  

I think someone had mentioned that the regen is fantastic, but that's an understatement.  

This applies only if you have pet hold, but this is a scenario that I did in sebilis once to show friends how awesome the regen is.  

In sebilis, the bug/necro camp (where the bugs where recently nerfed and are no longer dropping gems).  The first pull always gets me two.  After slowing both and swtiching pet back and forth on both so she would build aggro, I hit /pet hold /pet guard here.  

At the time I did that she was 50%.  She regened to 100% in a very short duration while tanking TWO of the bugs.  

The regen seems to be 250-300 a tick, it's insane.  

I personally am very satisfied with the summoners boon.  The regen alone it provides gives you a few different uses when combining with /pet hold.  

Also, pet max hit changes from 77 to 79 as well.

:wink:

Juvaris

Worth its weight in Gold, purely for the regen.  I heard it used to make Vah Shir warder white once upon a time (i wasnt doin Ldon at the time), and im hopin they re add that
Juvaris Razorclaw
70th Season Beastlord
Bertox

Argach

Using the focus means you will never have to heal pet between battles again, so you can let pet tank while you med a lot more. In groups, especially in LDoN, it means if pet eats some enrage or off-tanks some, it'll be in full health before next enrage/off-tanking. On raids, pet has slightly higher max hp which helps in AE encounters.

Laba

Can anyone with the Time Pet focus item confirm that it also gives the pet insane regen? Wondering if i'm gonna try for it or not  :) .
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Deaddragoxo

wow i might need to get one for my necro too

Ukator Iceblood

Can't help you with the Time focus question:)

Also there is the focus from LDON Time raid, think Kilantz has one.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

bugman

ive had my pet guarded and held offtanking giants in bot and not have it lose health and in many cases have been soloing in bot and did this to regen pet back to full if i was lom and didnt wanna waste it on a heal. so yah its changed my play style in the sense pet has more survivability. also previously when pet would be long dead on aoe raid mobs ive found i can instead jsut hold it and let it take a small break to regen.
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Eatbugs

Pet regen with the focus is beyond fantastic.  Hp on a focused, fully buffed warder with DPoC is well over 5k, and my warder regens 10% a tick focused while not fighting - that's 500+ hp every six seconds.  DoTs don't matter anymore, I let my pet take all HT's while soloing, and even fights with huge AEs aren't a problem with the combination of Calliav and DPoC. (My warder came out of a fight with Blazzax the Omnifiend the other night with 80% hp.)

Yes, it's changed my play style.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Scalewulf

Eatbugs,

You sure you weren't drinking or smoking a bud or two or three?  
Maybe it was lag?

The best I've seen from DPoC pet is 6% and that's with no HP buffs.  After Kragg and spiritual brawn AND if a cleric is kind enough to toss a virtue or mark, then I'll see it drop to 5%.  

But personally, I've never seen 10% regen.  

Is there something you're doing that I'm not?  Where you grouped with a druid that has one of those uber regen per tic spells (that are really closer to Heal over time) ?

If you've got secrets, I wanna know them too!

:wink:

Eatbugs

Nope, that's with my buffs only.  Keep in mind the regen rate I'm talking about is when the pet isn't engaged (i.e. just sitting there between fights) - that's a different rate than when the pet is engaged. (something's attacking it or it's on the hate list of something nearby)  A held pet isn't the same as an unengaged pet, and doesn't have the same regen rate.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

garios

it says recommened lvl 65 what happens if you get it before than and aug it?

Will it lower my stats on my item?
PredatorCaterclaw Spirittalker - 67 Beastlord - Firiona Vie
Ancient Caterbite Spirittalker - 67 Shaman -Firiona Vie

Caali

From what I've read and seen it doe sthe following

1. Double resting, non combat regen, from 2% to 4% a tick.
2. Adds roughly 2 DPS
3. Adds rougly 400hp

Can be bought for 760 points in North Ro.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Aldur

I would say it adds 5-9% dps now.  Its a much better fighter now, consistantly much more than it used to be.