Main Menu

dps from warder procs?

Started by Stumps_Bertox, February 21, 2006, 08:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stumps_Bertox

just curious what the approximate dps was for our warder's buffed with Irinou and 2.0 clicky
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Stumps_Bertox

*bump*

I have figured out how to use yalp, but not to track warder procs, any assistance? or just a rough dps number from one of you Pros  8-)
EQ Toons (retired)

Rarrum

You can't parse the damage from pet procs as you can't see how much damage they do.

You'd have to count how times it lands per minutes on average... then try to estimate how often it lands for full... then multiply that by the damage it does.

For example.. if your getting around 6 procs per minute, and on everage you think it lands it does about 75% of it's normal damage, and the proc is 200 damage, then:
(6 * 0.75 * 200) / 60 = 15dps

But either way it's still just a somewhat crude approximation.

Kanan

I think there might be one way to do it... would take forever as it can't be an automated thing:

Find a mob you know the hps on.

Kill it a few hundred or thousand times.  Subtract out all the damage you see.  Rest = procs =/

To me, this sounds incredibly weighty & annoying to do.  But I think its a plausible way to do it =/
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Stumps_Bertox

ack yeah, would be a pain. Wouldnt pet  proc dps be about the same for everyone as long as the same buffs were cast on the warder?   I'm just wondering if anyone has already done the legwork, or what the "magic number"  is that folkes add in for  their dps total.
EQ Toons (retired)

Kanan

I'm pretty sure that what Rar's said is prolly the best way to go tbh to get an approx figure.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

Yeah rar's method is how I estimate pet proc dps.  You can actually set up events in EQCompanion for registering pet procs, so that you can get a number like "spirit of irionu Xtimes Ydmg, etc", but that always assumes the proc lands for the full amount you give it. 

There should be numbers somewhere as I've posted numbers for the 1.5 and 2.0 clickies before.

Stumps_Bertox

EQ Toons (retired)

Tastian

Damn you for making me try to dig this information back up.  8P

Irionu procs at ~7 procs per minute.  Mind that's not lands, but rather triggers for an average of ~7 procs per minute.

Epic 2.0 clicky procs at ~13 procs per minute.  Lands far more than irionu because of the different resist checks, but that's about what it triggers at.

The number for epic procs seems low and I'm going to have to dig out some more logs to verify, but if you want to get a rough top end estimate of dps added you can multiple those numbers by damage per proc and then divide by 60 to get a rough estimate of proc dps.

Pet toy procs btw follow the standard 2 MH, 1 OH per minute rules last I checked, but some of the newer ones have a built in proc rate mod that you'd have to account for. 

Stumps_Bertox

Quote from: Tastian on February 23, 2006, 10:10:21 PM

Pet toy procs btw follow the standard 2 MH, 1 OH per minute rules last I checked, but some of the newer ones have a built in proc rate mod that you'd have to account for. 

yeah, i usually have 2 staff of the north wind on warder (at least the raid buffed suspended one) mod on that is 200% .

let me see if i can get this then, so for a minute my warder most likely is landing..im assuming the land %, will have to look at a long fight to see, i may do that next time i tank Diabo Xi Xin :):

Irinou ~7 procs 190 damage with 75% landing= 997 damage
2.0 ~ 13 procs at 200 damage 95% landing=2470
MH pet staff (with 200% modifier) 4 procs of 160 75% landing=480
OH pet staff (with 200% modifier) 2 procs of 160 75% landing=240
pet proc *estimate* 4187 damage pet minute =69.78 dps?

correct me if im wrong anywhere or over/under estimated...i will probably do some VT this weekend (really hope i logged my cohbot mage invis hehe) and parse procs for a 1.5 million hp fight

The PoR pet buff spell should be interesting to see. I duo gog with stumps, and if i cant druid debuff the mob i dont fight it.
EQ Toons (retired)

Tastian

Looks about right.  The proc rate for 2.0 from those parses actually seems a bit low to me, but I don't have any data here with me atm to add to the sample size.  The irionu proc seems to fire in the 6.5-7(ish) range.  That's what was verified years ago and what still holds true as of today when I ran another 3(ish) hour parse. 

I tried to put more parses of the 2.0 together without irionu or fetter to mess up the same, but only got an hour or so of data.  Looking at lucy, if the proc rate mod of 150 gives 7(ish) procs to irionu, then getting 13(ish) out of the 400 proc rate mod that 1.5/2.0 have seens a bit low, but I'm just not sure atm.  Too busy to verify, but if you drop me a PM or if I remember early next week I'll throw some more data together for you to get a better idea.  Since the actual amount the procs land for when they do land is still a SWAG it's going to have some innate error to begin with.  *shrugs*

Dummkopf

I tend to not use any pet procs if i parse dps since especially in a raid setting you will see the "proc landed" message from every beastlord pet and cant really distinguish between them. Also we dont know exactly how much damage they do on land (partial, full damage) so it is just a nice little bit on top of what we can reliably parse.

Tastian

Yeah, like I said I often leave them out and will only use them as that "extra" little tidbit.  Like if I come in tied with someone, then I did more dps.  8P 

One thing you have to watch is that the land % will also represent your # of procs.  Formula would look like (assuming a value of 7 for irionu)....

#_of_landed_procs*[( #_of_landed_procs   _Divided_by_  7)    *   damage_of_proc] 

for example, if 3 of those 7 landed it'd be:

3*(3/7)*190 ~ 224 dmg  or  ~4dps

if all 7 land:

7*(7/7)*190  ~1330 dmg  or  ~22dps

The big thing is that not only are you getting a % of the damage because the proc isn't always landing, but you are also losing out on those procs because they didn't actually land.

This way still over-estimates the damage some in my opinion though because even if you land 100% of your spells/procs they still don't land for 100% damage everytime. 

Goradana

Not sure why noone mentioned it, but sending your pet on a player in duel should show the procdamages, shouldnt it? then its about the resists, the spell shielding etc, but thats same for mobs....

anyone have any idea on what resistance on a player that would roughly make proc DPS similar to mobs from old world, plaens, GoD, OOW etc?

Gonna try send doggy on my druid bot when i get online

Tastian

I know I responded to this already, but if server at it here goes...

Basically that wouldn't work for a number of reasons.  Most mobs actually have very low resists by most people's standards(75 or so is solid for a mob), but there is no way to be certain.  Also with the epic you are dealing with a chromatic save, so some mobs have all modest, one high, one weak, save, etc.  With all the different spots hunted, and all the other factors it'd be almost impossible without  always knowing saves for everything you fought.  There is also no way to account for the extra levels mobs have.  The 68 warder trying to proc on a 72 RS mob, or Anguish focused pet proc'n on a red con that you can't even be sure what level it is (legally lol).  Just too many factors that couldn't be accounted for to a degree where it would actually make things more accurate enough to actually call them accurate. 

If a same level as warder player cast a spell on the same resist with the same mod a ton of times (actually several tons of times lol) then you could kinda get a picture, but even then it's only for that mob at that time.  Debuffs vary, mob buffs vary, proc rate varies.  That's why taking a look at how many procs the warder actually made (often not possible) and then seeing how many landed is more accurate still.  We say 7 procs per minute on average, but over the course of an hour or so that could easily wind up being 6 procs or 7.5 procs.  In that case the number is different and effects damage calcs even more.  Still it allows for a slightly better estimate than assuming the procs always land for full.  *shrugs*  Hopefully we'll see the proc dmg updated, it was part of a list that got passed on concerning pet filtering and messages.  The procs reallly can add a fair amount of damage though that lots often ignore completely.