Main Menu

dps from warder procs?

Started by Stumps_Bertox, February 21, 2006, 08:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FesterFleabaggs

Could someone please post a link to download Yaulp. I had it a couple years ago and have had a bad time finding it again. Thanks.
Fester Fleabaggs - 65 Feral Lord
Corrine WinterSolstice - 63 Naturewalker (2 box)
Drozt De'soot - 55 Wizard
Gairith Mourneblade - 56 Paladin (Retired)
Stiy - 51 Monk (Corpsedragger)
Azrothe - 34 Necro
Haileey Commet - 53 Cleric (2 box)

Kanan

umm.. googled yalp & it was the top hit.

www.yalp.org
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

FesterFleabaggs

Quote from: Kanan on February 25, 2006, 05:00:06 PM
umm.. googled yalp & it was the top hit.

www.yalp.org

LMAO spelled it wrong in google....go figure. Thanks.
Fester Fleabaggs - 65 Feral Lord
Corrine WinterSolstice - 63 Naturewalker (2 box)
Drozt De'soot - 55 Wizard
Gairith Mourneblade - 56 Paladin (Retired)
Stiy - 51 Monk (Corpsedragger)
Azrothe - 34 Necro
Haileey Commet - 53 Cleric (2 box)

Pakratz

A few numbers to toss out.  I reviewed yalp parses for 5 different raid mobs (msha, zoo, tacvi mob, specialization trial, shyra).  Here's the results.  Note that epic proc may not be kept up entire fite, so dont use those numbers for hits/time.

1.5 Epic                                               Irionu
Mob            Time            Cast                       Landed                   Cast                  Landed     

Mshas         7:49                90                              74                       46                         22
Shyra           6:29                74                              69                       36                         10
Special.      15:00             151                           133                       85                         16
Tacvi             2:40                0                                  0                       19                           9
Zoo              7:40                64                               50                       46                           0

Totals       39:38                379                            326                     232                         57

Conclusions: 
- 1.5 Epic landed 86% of time
- Irionu landed a paltry 25% of time
- I slacked on keeping epic up regularly, but even the best parses show it only being cast 11.5 times per minute - im guessing this is the max for 1.5
- Irionu got cast about 6.5 times per minute
- 1.5 Epic dps can't be calculated cuz i slacked, but should be roughly (11.5x150x86%/60)=25 dps assuming full proc damage
- Irionu dps = 4.5 on these targets, assuming full proc damage
- Note the bagel posted for Irionu vs. Zoo mobs.  If we could see proc damage in parses, we'd be better prepared to use the right proc for each mob.

These results are vs. raid mobs.  Against trash mobs (lousy resists) you should see much better results.  For example I have several hour+ parses showing Irionu logging 12 or so dps vs. RS trash.

Doorjam

Tastian, could me maybe put this forward to the Devs:  Have the Pet Procs show up as damage # on UI.  I know it would not make a difference to the game but I and others like me are a freak for seeing the numbers  :-P
... while we are talking about it, could we also get a filter to block when pet buffs wear off but still see PC spells wear off.  I can see when my warder buffs wear off but I get major spam when in a group/raid with bards/aura.

Tastian

The suggestion has been put forward a few times now.  They were looking at more filtering options to add to the game and I brought up pet proc damage and a few other filters not too long ago.  Haven't heard any follow-up information, but it is something they are aware of.

Pakratz

that would totally rock, id very much like to see that.  Go get em tast!

Shamno

Now that this is in place, what exactly has peopel found out so far.

The only way I can get this set up is having YALP include pet into my own personal DPS thus far. Course I have to feed the specifications in by hand on what to look for, it seems....ie adding the proc type and such.

Anyone else have some feedback on this?

Cause if I am doing it correctly, I am getting about 22 from 1.5 click and 23 from Oroshar,based off a parse from a Shyra raid last night.

I know it is one parse but Most other damage seems consistant so not sure this will really change much through further parseing

Vidyne

iirc Yalp still throws pet proc damage into your own damage for some reason... else I have yalp configured wrong.

EQ companion shows pet non melee for me with 1.5 clicky and Oroshar to be hovering around 50-60dps on Katta Banker parses.

However these were very short 5minute parses.
And only 2 of them at that...
One was 53dps.. the other was 60.50dps.

Skanda

Quote from: Vidyne on July 07, 2006, 07:56:23 AM
iirc Yalp still throws pet proc damage into your own damage for some reason... else I have yalp configured wrong.

It does. And so far for me the 2.0 proc and Oroshar's seems to be averageing right around 60 DPS on the few YALP parses I've looked at form myself.

Shamno

Quote from: Skanda on July 07, 2006, 08:04:38 AM
Quote from: Vidyne on July 07, 2006, 07:56:23 AM

It does. And so far for me the 2.0 proc and Oroshar's seems to be averageing right around 60 DPS on the few YALP parses I've looked at form myself.

Either way if that is correct, I think the class is doing abit more DPS then thought. Should be interesting I think.

Vidyne

with Rake, Growl of the Panther(modest at best but), the dodh discipline for burst, and the dodh swarm pet..     we have jumped alot in dps recently.
Tack on another 50 from warder procs.. and only looks nicer.

SHIRCAN

hhmmm i watch my pet procs all the time with pet damage on not only the spell procs but the summoned weapon proc as well.  I hate that it does more damage than I do, or maybe not lol