Main Menu

Leveling path 41-58, ideas?

Started by Theron_Thunderblade, January 31, 2005, 07:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theron_Thunderblade

Hi guys, just thought I'd shout out for ideas on a leveling path for my little four-box crew.

I've been LDONing like mad for the last few levels and it's been fun, but I'm looking for somewhere else to head. Tore up Kaesora for a few levels (35-39) and that was VERY fun, so any dungeon crawls like that would be preferable.

At this point, everyone is 41 and so I'm looking for a venue change.

I'm considering City of Mist, which seems to have a lot of level-appropriate baddies. I'd also hit SolB too, but I'm betting it's pretty crowded with PLers since it's a hotspot now.

Gunthak and Dulak haven't been bad, but not terribly fun.

Anyways, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Arneas

danaconda

City of Mist sounds like a winner to me. Definitely avoid SolB. Not because of the PLers or anyone else. The simple fact that it's on (I believe) a 15+ min respawn timer. That's a tad too crazy for today's equipment standards. Plus, it will be so easy you'll get bored fast I'm sure.

Ever think about trying to side with one of the Velious cities? Maybe hunt some dorfs, slay some giants, or see how far into whatever the dragon city is (lol I can't remember now....is it Skyshrine?). I believe most guards are upper 30's to low 40's. Obviously the deeper in you go the higher they are, but the added bonus of Velious is that your mage can use fire nukes, since obviously anything in a frosty area is succeptible to fire  :evil:. As you can tell I haven't exactly tried it myself, but it sure sounds fun to me. :-D

You have a really nice group set-up so I think you can probably tackle many things I didn't get a chance to try. Make me proud!  :wink:
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Hereki

CoM is good.  Exp in SolB will be decent.

Levelling strategy depends on your servers pop density; at 46/47 you might as well take over PoJ, move to PoD or PoN at 51/52, etc.  Alternatively, you could stick in Nurga from now to 55/56, then move to Griegs End (to 62), then take over PoV or BoT at 60-62.

Theron_Thunderblade

So, I'm back again, after a long layoff to finish law school.  I'm studying for the bar exam right now, but I'm taking a few eq breaks to keep from going crazy.

Right now my crew is 52 Paladin, 52 Magician, 52 Wizard, 56 Cleric.

I've been running my 65 shaman ungrouped.  As an aside, about when is it worth it to go ahead and group him up?  I don't want him to kill the XP for everyone else. 

Anyway, I've been sitting at the Velks entrance for a while, but all my bankslots are full of velium now, so I'd like to try someplace else.

Someone else mentioned PoD or PoN at 51/52.  I went to PoN and the mobs (blood ravens) hit pretty hard (250-300+), which is a lot more than old world mobs!  Is that pretty normal?  I didn't kill anything, I just ran, since I was solo with my pally on a scouting mission.  Which camps should I be looking for in the planes?  I've heard the planes are awesome exp, so I'm interested in testing them out.   I've never spent much time in Tier 1 planes.  I know my crew isn't ready for PoS :) 

Any thoughts?  How is DoN?  Worth taking them there?  I've been avoiding LDONs because the EXP was slowing down, but I guess they are still an option.

Thaeliun

DoN is great XP and great gear upgrades.  I would save most of the crystals you earn for later with a few exceptions.  Post 63 level req gear is worth the wait. 

As for PoP, I think PoJ would be very good XP for that level.  PoV and PoN seem to hit too hard to make it worth it imho.  Not at all if you have a higher level tank friend that can come along or something though.

Also you might think about doing some faction work in DS while the XP would still be fair.  I know I would be PLing my wife's 49 cleric there now if she had OOW.  The XP isn't great but since I will do the faction work sooner or later, I might as well get something else out of it while I'm at it.  If you plan on getting OOW faction for those guys this is probably a good time to do it.

CoM is good XP at that level and the mobs go down pretty easy.  You can still make decent cash there too as long as you keep your proces down.  The drops are common enough there that selling low and in volume is still viable.