Main Menu

What could this 3 box take?

Started by DabrixMGP, April 28, 2006, 09:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DabrixMGP

I am currently boxing a 70 beastlord and 70 druid and am thinking about PLing up a mage.  Given Tacvi/Anguish quality gear what stuff could this 3 box lay waste to?  I was thinking along the lines of maybe NToV and VT just for fun.  And maybe for AA purposes MPG and RSS.

Sariss Bloodscale

I doubt VT would be worthwhile.  The amount of time it takes to clear to a named plus the MASSIVE amounts of hp every mob has doesn't make for much fun.  NToV may be another story, I dunno.

Kelrish Ravenous

VT... it would be nearly impossible.
By the time you managed to get past some of the traps (3-4 mobs), you would have respawns bogging you down.

ToV... yes, you could box some of the dragons here. I did Lord 'Fish' a few times, to get items for friends. We did him with a 70 Beastlord (Self), 61 Cleric, and 57 Shadowknight.

The only hard part in ToV is the pulls.
The Hungry Kelrish Ravenous ~ 70 ~ Basilisk Wrangler ~ The Nameless

Thaeliun

I 3 box a 70 BST, 70 Mage and 70 Cleric.  The BST is wearing casual bazaar gear, (8600 HPs/1300AC buffed, all defensive AAs except for DoD, slippery attacks + 20 worn avoidance.) and the other two are worse.  I can 3 box MPG but not RSS. 

If I fizzle a heal or something goes wrong the mage CoW pet can tank as well, if not a little better then me so he comes in handy.  My pet, (still the 68 spell) can't tank effectively there though. 

I don't know how well a druid/mage combo would do in a pinch but one time my BST died on the first pull because the cleric still had the buff spells loaded and the mage pet tanked the mob from 80% down with little trouble.

Memnarch

Once the mage hits 65 i suggest staying in mpg till the mage dings 69 or 70 and if you can trio RSS go there.   Good xp for the mage thru 65-70 and decent aa for the rest of the group.   Also getting your mage the 69 and 70 runes prior to 69-70 helps alot also.    But before 65 i found the non instanced thundercrest to offer some good xp.   Also i think once your mage hits 60, trio some creator missions till the mage hits 65.   Creator missinos give ok xp, and crystals to sell/use.   Just my opinions

Shieara

You might wanna try the Nest too.  I think that 3-box group could handle it and decent exp if you get tired of RSS.

Gunzak

Beast, Druid, Mage combo could do 69.1 hard kite missions.  Might take a bit of time per kill but would be great experience and since its instanced no worries of trains or kill stealing.  First pull would be the hardest but all you have to do is have druid snare one and zone out while beast and mage are invis.  Then when the 2 mobs go back to spawn point grab the third which is snared.  Once all 3 are dead you can get a ton of singles.

Gatorr

I 3 box a Beast (main) Druid (alt/part time raids) and a Mage (almost no raid loots).

I thought about making a necro as 3rd but am glad I went with mage.  They can summon pet toys, good pets, good nukes,malo, and CoH.  Along with all the druid's skills and my beastlord to tank I think its perfect fit.

I have done 69.1 normal a few times and with a mage and druid pulling its very easy just root one run a bit root other run a bit and CoH, after that usually can go grab it single with my beastlord.  Or you can try and AE snare em then root and CoH.  I think CoH is the best way to pull mobs there is slightly above FD and green pet pulls.

Gatorr

Did a 69.1 (Hard) mission last night, and I mostly used the green (lvl 60 spell) pet to pull and with 10's, shrew, feral guard and focus I didn't have any problems.  After I cleared the large area of wanderers and small camps in the large area I started to CoH pull as it was a little faster than suspending my pet and bringing out a new one and buffin it a little. 

Exp was pretty good, seemed like the last drop took as long as the first 8 put together and the chest loot of a plate bp was a little disappointing though an alt bard from my guild enjoyed it.