Main Menu

Beastlord GoD spell issues

Started by Rarrum, March 24, 2004, 10:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dummkopf

Well, you dont need a raid to aquire it since i saw geomancer stones drop from one groupable minis in kod'taz. Nevertheless the spell is just misplaced in that zone and utterly useless. While an upgraded SD isnt much of an improvement it is an improvement after all. Especially clerics can use every single point of manaregeneration in GoD and good wizzies too.

I would rather get one of the other 2 spells with the turn in than group ios, although a completely different spell would be nice (if raid usable).

Kharaf

They should have had it be our nuke, and the group ios drop where the nuke drops.

Right now, I haven't even bothered to go to the boat to finish the "quest", and other than for my pet, I don't think I've even memmed IOS since way before GoD came out.

bham

Quote from: TigheAs someone who is normally the buffer for the group a Group IOS is awesome.

Where it's located, isn't so awesome.  No way in hell I'll ever be able to get it.

GoD is just basically an Elemental Guild Playground.  No allowances for anything else really.  Yeah sure I can maybe go XP in Natimbi or some of the other lesser areas, but for stuff I could actually use? Forget it.

So I did.  I forgot it.  GoD doesn't exist for me.

Thread Highjack!

GoD is not just a Elemental guild playground.

There are several useable zones with good drops for casual players.

Dedgerex's Flintforged Cudgel drops in Riwwi and seems to be the best droppable non-raid mainhand weapon I can find with my stats/AA. Better even than fully aug'd SHO.

Baleful Blood-saoked Cuirass, watchmans leggings and also a nice set of arms drop in Riwwi.

33% haste gloves with 90 hp drop in Qinimi. You can solo for them.

Barindu drops 120 hp shoulders with 20 attack and 2 regen, along with other stuff.

Any of these zones can be done with a full 65 group in bazaar gear..or less.

Dont write off GoD as a high-end raid only type expansion. While that is the focus of the expansion, there are still some awesome upgrades for casual players that casual players can achieve.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Rhaynne

QuoteThread Highjack!

You can't really hijack a 3 month old post =P

Raedwolf

Quote from: RarrumTurepta Blood:

The problem with this spell is the same problem that beastlords have with Damage-Over-Time type spells in general.  It costs more mana than our best nuke, and usually does less damage if the beastlord has a nuke focus item, which is much more common than DoT focus items.  It is also not guarenteed to do it's full damage before the mob dies; this is even more of a problem with GoD mobs which generally have low hp.  In addition, poison dots generate a very large amount of agro in comparison to our nukes, which is usually undesirable (except when tanking or agro-kiting solo).

Possible fixes:
Replace with a completely different spell (see below).

I disagree with this part. Even with ID4, Frost Spear (250 mana) does 810 (not counting crits). Before even taking BA4 into account, Turepta Blood (396 mana) will do a total of 1248 pts over the 42 seconds it lasts. Add BA4 in, and you're talking about 1498 pts of dmg!  That gives 3.78 dmg per mana pt for TS vs. 3.24 dmg/mana for FS.  How is it not an improvement?
 Incidentally, our two other GoD DD's, Ancient Frozen Chaos and Trushar's Frost, come out to 3.24 and 3.25 as well, still putting TB as the most mana-efficient.
 One problem that you have with TB is the aggro generation, but provided you don't dump it onto the mob immediately, and provided your tank has good aggro gear and skill, it's not really an issue. And yes, a lot of the GoD fights don't really last long enough for TB to do it's full dmg, but on encounters outside of GoD, that's certainly not the case.

Just one man's opinion, YMMV,
Raedwolf
Wildcaller
Officer, Immortalis Kruoris

Jkal_Shihar

The only real problem with our GoD spells and if  they do this again for OOW and any other expansion is the no drop tag.
I like the way that PoP spells were done with the parchment/rune turn in for random spell for that item.
Oh well, thats just me though.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Tastian

GoD was a non-level increasing expansion, just like LDoN, just like LoY, etc.  Those expansion spells were NO DROP too.  This isn't a change.  Kunark and PoP both had widely available spells for people of the levels as they moved up from the old cap to the new cap.  OoW will likely be the same with perhaps a couple ancient type of spells.  I honestly don't get why so many were shocked GoD spells were NO DROP.  Was anyone able to get their LDoN spells without going to LDoN?  Anyone get their LoY spells in the bazaar (don't say MQ lol)?  Velious and luclin both had tradeable spells that weren't tied to an increase in level, but those are older expansions and since then things have changed.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it's definitely not a surprise anymore.  If a new expansion (call it PoZ) were mentioned for after OoW and it didn't raise the level I'd be shocked if the spells in it weren't no drop as well.  *shrugs*