Main Menu

OOW Slow

Started by Graace, July 03, 2004, 03:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graace

Something I noticed while browsing Lucy.  We're slotted to get a new slow, while shamen and enchanters are not.  Perhaps they're realizing we need something with a lower resist check to allow it to land instead of casting it 6x and dying before it lands.
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Tastian

Is the slow still there?  Thought it was changed from being a slow to just omn-bst like the 16th or so of last month?  Lots of things will change before it goes live though so we'll have to wait and see.

Ttony

Yes there are 4 spells that seem to be possible place holders. The level 70 Omen Bst is one that is listed in description as a slow. Not sure if it will go live though. The others with names are almost for sure going to be live unless they deem them way unbalancing to fix.

There are 3 other place holders for spells listed as haste, dispell and multi. Same with those as far as if they will be going live or just thoughts for spells.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Namog

Gah..Graace couldnt agree with you more. If not a slow at least some kinda Tash would be nice. On some mobs i try not to slow until mob is at 80 health and i Still get summoned and beat on  :(

http://ourworld.cs.com/NamogBst/Namog1.JPG">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=897801">Namog

Eatbugs

Hm, I've been eyeing that spell placeholder wondering what they could possibly put in as a slow upgrade that wouldn't unbalance things.  The name change suggests to me that they're wondering the same thing...
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

kukana

A combination Slow + Debuff would be fine if it drew the same agro as just a slow.  *shrug*

I hope they don't raise the percentage any; we're putting enough shaman's out of work.
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Caali

Quote from: NamogGah..Graace couldnt agree with you more. If not a slow at least some kinda Tash would be nice. On some mobs i try not to slow until mob is at 80 health and i Still get summoned and beat on  :(

I'm not a chanter or a shammy. I just want a slow with a modified resist check!
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Koullyn

The original disease based 65% slow that was listed at first would be great also. For mobs with high MR we would have an option for slowing them. Still rather have some debuff, but that would be great also.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Ukator Iceblood

Am I wrong or did we almost get a new slow with GoD, that was taken away for Turepta Spirit? I remember something about that in beta.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Tastian

Originally in GoD there was a slow much like the slow shaman get now with GoD.  Was lower duration, faster casting, longer refresh, with a resist modifier.  Was a nice spell in theory, but lots didn't like the idea or see use in it.  I don't have an offical word why it was dropped and it's possible the devs just changed their mind, but yeah originally there was one.

Purrpaws

I have recently reached elemental flagged status with my beastlord and I am finding mobs that I simply cannot get slowed sometimes, due to resists. Actually this first came about in deep south camp of BOT.  I experienced some of this briefly in plane of earth, with armadillo type mobs.

Is it an assumption that for a BL to be slower in high end POP and GoD, that there will necessary need to be cooperation with a resist debuffer of some sort?  I fear that there will be camps that nobody will want me as slower because there will be no way for me to slow mobs without a form of tash.

"Purrpaws"
Quellious server

Eatbugs

If you're trying to slow raid mobs, you'll frequently have that problem.  I've taken a few turns as raid boss slower when we had no Shaman along - it isn't pretty unless I can coordinate with Enchanters, Mages and Bards on MR debuffing.  It's not a huge problem in xp groups if you or the tank can take some unslowed hits at the beginning of each fight.  (In fact, it's less of a problem in GoD xp groups than in PoP, since many of experience mobs in GoD have very low MR.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

a_moss_snake_001

We arent designed to slow big raid mobs, thats a shaman area and we REALLY dont want to piss them off anymore than they are already. A slow with a minor resist modifier (say -50 to -75) I would like to see though.

Gourgeous George

Ha ha! That's putting in lightly Grimmers. I think last few times I was there for Fennin Ro, we had to rely on Beastlords to slow most of the mobs until the boss when miraculously several shamans appeared. I found it hard to count the number of times, Grimgrey, Buzak and myself needed clicking.

Hmmm wait a second, maybe it wasn't the slow bounces that killed us!! Maybe it was the fact that all 3 of us were the only Trolls on the raid!!!! Grrrrr. DAMN YOU HEALERSSS AND TANKS!!!!!
Gourge
67 Feral Lord of Undivided Faith
Drinal

"Please note, no pets or cute fluffy animals were killed or injured during the filming of this picture. That all took place after the cameras stopped rolling."

Eatbugs

Nah, they just thought we were practicing our tag team dying, G.  :)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal