Main Menu

rake.. some simple tests

Started by Rarrum, March 01, 2006, 01:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rarrum

Finally finished this tonight..

And as you can see, if follows after Rellic, in that the description is wrong... it's basically feral swipe x3 which you can use 2x as often.  It's a direct "you hit it" not a "it changes your next attack".

So of course.. I had to test it.. what better way than to compare it to the functionality of Feral Swipe!  So:

Max seems to be 397.  It can miss and be parried and all that too, but it did seem to have a pretty high hit rate.  I actually crit'd one of the 3 hits for 984 somehow once even, though I'm thinking that was a fluke of some sort... or maybe a rare thing from veteran's wrath.

It does have the same bugged range as Feral Swipe, meaning that like Feral Swipe, it won't even be usable on a lot of high end encounters where you have to stay on the edge of ae rampage range.  About the only silly advantage of this... is you can face away from the mob and use it and still (via some sort of kitty ninja tricks?) hit it.

The message from using it seems a bit odd too I noticed:
Cast on you:     A shock wave shivers through your body.
Cast on other:    Someone 's body shivers.

So anyone else watching us use it would basically think we're walking around making everyone cold ;p

-----

I basically just scrapped my feral swipe key and put this there.  I don't have room for 3 versions of kick on my hotkeys, and I don't want to make a macro to activate all 3 as then I can't see when it pops up.

Ideally they'd do something like.. if you have feral swipe aa.. then using rake locks that out and you get a 4th hit.  But that would require their "programmers" to make a "code change" (...imagine that...), so doubtful it would happen (as many of the devs seem to think that changing code is "magical" or something).

Shamno

Well with the reuse tiem I would tie taht to your nuke cast slot, they are on the same timer so in theory when one is up so is the other.

Keep feral swipe and kick tied together like normal.....far easier imo.

Tastian

984 is the crit number I recall from beta.

"It can miss and be parried and all that too, but it did seem to have a pretty high hit rate."

Please play around with it a bit more.  I know in beta I went an entire END bar without seeing a miss.  In fact I'm not sure I ever saw a miss, but others reported them rarely.  Hitting from the back (so no parry/dodge/etc) was almost a 100% hit rate. 

The spell description is clearly wrong and a copy of dragon fang as I recall.  Their was a lighting/ice/something kinda graphic when raking a target to kinda give it that elemntal(ish) look of an attack.  Really though it's just melee hits.  Kinda funny because somehow making it do a spell check for damage range (focus, aa) and then having it hit melee wise would actually have allowed some scaling with the skill and made it much better imo.  *shrugs* 

Look forward to seeing what others have to saw as more aquire it.

Polanski

I had a 1118 crit in beta without panther or disc running.
Polanski the Butterscotch Golem
Elephi the Plaid Elephant
Felde the Purple Gorilla
Vivie the Yummy Gummy Gnome
Taie the Gingerbread General
Khallus the Cookie Commissioner

Royal Order of Candy
Fennin Ro

janabell

what would be great is to change feral swipe AA from a active butten pussing hit to a pasive add an extra hit to rake or even a damage mod to rake.
Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus

Tastian

What about having it be a passive boost to kick?  Having it be a passive boost to rake I don't think is possible, but having it raise kick dmg is.  Also that would guarantee the range issue were gone since if kick lands, the extra damage lands.  It also removes the "extra hot key" issue and a few other problems have.  Some don't use kick already, but by that token some don't dot and don't buy those AAs, so I'm not sure how valid a reason that is.  *shrugs*

hakaaba

50 trials from behind "Test level 70" i had about 2 misses.  Playing around with it on live it seems less accurate, but its hard to tell because the situation isnt really controlled at all (however many trials from in front of various NC mobs, losing it in the spam).

PS.  I would love FS to become a passive bonus to kick.  Don't rangers or somesuch already have it so its possible?
PPS.  900 aas and counting and i havent bought that crap.

Quote from: Tastian on March 01, 2006, 04:02:09 PM
984 is the crit number I recall from beta.

"It can miss and be parried and all that too, but it did seem to have a pretty high hit rate."

Please play around with it a bit more.  I know in beta I went an entire END bar without seeing a miss.  In fact I'm not sure I ever saw a miss, but others reported them rarely.  Hitting from the back (so no parry/dodge/etc) was almost a 100% hit rate. 

The spell description is clearly wrong and a copy of dragon fang as I recall.  Their was a lighting/ice/something kinda graphic when raking a target to kinda give it that elemntal(ish) look of an attack.  Really though it's just melee hits.  Kinda funny because somehow making it do a spell check for damage range (focus, aa) and then having it hit melee wise would actually have allowed some scaling with the skill and made it much better imo.  *shrugs* 

Look forward to seeing what others have to saw as more aquire it.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

One thing to remember about rake is that the +dmg mods will add to it as well.  Growl, fury, etc.  I think my highest single hit is 1477 atm while under disc. 

Rarrum

Found another bug with it.  When you use it it breaks sneak.

Other melee attacks, Feral Swipe, Kick, etc... do not break sneak.

Tastian

Hrmmm...I kinda wonder if that's a bug with rake or with the others.  It's been so long since I used sneak. 

Also, I've spoken with some people about the range issue(for this and feral swipe) and like most of us know it's an issue where the spell checks a set range, but melee has it's own melee range.  Raising the range to bigger number just to cover all possible fights would work, but their is talk of a coding change that would all for the melee range to be checked as well so they'd just work regardless and the range wouldn't have to constantly be increased as bigger hit boxes come into the game.  *shrugs*  I'll update as I get more, but it's something they do know about and are looking at addressing.

Sariss Bloodscale

Bigger hit boxes are always a good thing (God how I hate fighting drachnids, I'm ALWAYS oor for them) in my opinion.  I have neither rake nor FS, so I can't comment on them.

As I recall, no melee attacks break sneak, including autoattack, but casting does break sneak.  That makes me believe that it's probably rake that's bugged and not the other way around.  Of course, real beastlords don't sneak around anyway /buffs his scales proudly.

Nusa

Real beastlords use all the tools available when the situation calls for it. Sneak is rarely called for in a raid situation, but can be extremely useful in some solo situations.

Kanan

heh.. it made torment step of gate neck hella easy :)  One of few I could do solo at the point I was doing it ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Beastlie_

ok so how do we get this disc. Any info on how to start it and who to kill would be awesome TY!!

Beastlie's Gear
Drive it like ya stole it!!!!!!
70 Wildblood of Pexus