Main Menu

Promised mending

Started by leillian, October 08, 2006, 11:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boister

I use the spell often, its very nice, but 12 sec will really give the boost so pet will survive.  18 sec is sometime to long even if you cast at beginning of fight.  Other than timer, the spell is very good addition to Bst.
Boister, 75 Beastlord, Nameless
Boister

Tigrah

Since hitting 73, and starting with rank 2 (ty guildies). I toyed around with it from the start trying to figure out exactly what the blazes it did. I used it wrong (casting when the pet was in no way going to need the spell in roost), until I finally pitted the pet up against a named griffon while the cleric tanked 3 other mobs and I tanked yet another. (didn't see the named get the pets attentions at first). Well anyway, cast it on the pet followed immediately by pet heal due to the pet dropping like a rock even wi a second cleric helping... promised mending went off and I was amazed at it's healing potential even with an out of date healing focus. I look forward to toying with it in the future, I even traded out FoL for it when I'm not tanking directly.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

dainfrol

I got the rk. II of it and omg it healed my pet from 2% all the way to full!
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Timberghost

Another nice use of Promised Mending other than just for soloing is when you are raiding mobs that have an AoE.  Generally your pet doesn't go down all that fast, and just keeping a promised mending up lets you handle many AoEs.

Still won't help a whole bunch with the nastier AoE Rampage mobs.  There are some of those that just eat pets, but for general utility stuff as well as soloing it's really nice.

Since I've had Promised Mending Rank II, I can't think of the last time I cast the general quick heal spell other than every once in a while after a battle to clear a DOT off of my pet.

Mewzee

I love this spell tons. hehehe I am using it ALOT in Deathknell now during the first event with the Gargs and Bell. The gargs rampage alot, and even thou they are not hitting my pet too hard, eventually when I grab enough aggro and turn off attack they hit my pet hard. Its been great to see pet starting to get hit and going to 90% and then casting this fast cast PM and pets at 30% and them VOOOOSH 100% Pet healed! Hehehehe my raid group is also impressed that they don't need to heal my pet to even help me out with the rampage too.

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server