Main Menu

What mission set do we do for the spells

Started by Rilelil, February 13, 2007, 09:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rilelil

theres some tents on the back side of the temple where you zone in for the great raid you would go there hes in the third tent from the left sargent ... i forget lol (hes the only sargent there) and that will get you the mission the Great Invasion you get 50 orux and faction hehe and its awesome xp for the mission. ther are others in the temple as well that you can get missions from as well

Kitathia

Done one mission so far, "Knowlegde for Power"

We had to enter a pyramid and kill all the way up. Full of Eefriti ( sp) mobs that see thru invis and lil bugs that don't see thru invis.

When you reach the top of the pyramid, the script has you play a game of hide and seak to pleasure and amuse the sphinx ( you have to do that in order for her to answer the question you are sent to ask) .

BRING mage levi rings. HIDE on top of the door ways ( there is a lil perch over all doorways/Archways). As long as 1 member manage to stay hidden mission is a success. One walk thru suggested hiding on the lowest levels .. we tried that but it didn't work -the levitate over doorways/ arch did. There are 3 waves you have to hide thru. If you are found in wave you can not re-hide for wave 2 and 3.

Was exelent exp - 4 AA - not a bad little grind. Recieved 50 Orux. I really like these new missions and look forward to doing more of them.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Xacer

I have heard that the new missions were built not to farm so the more of the same mission that you do the less money you get for it and less faction. I have yet to confirm this myself but from the posts above it seems to be that way. :-P

Shamno

Quote from: Xacer on February 21, 2007, 04:29:49 PM
I have heard that the new missions were built not to farm so the more of the same mission that you do the less money you get for it and less faction. I have yet to confirm this myself but from the posts above it seems to be that way. :-P

It is a serverwide check. The more a single mission is done server wide, like DoN Creator, the less value the mission will have via currency reward. I beleive it owrks the same for the least done mission and increaing in currency.

Shieara

Yes, it is based on the entire server.  Missions that are repeated more often will drop in value and those that are less used will rise.  I'm not sure of the actual scale yet (whether you can actually do a mission often enough to bottom it out so it yields 0 reward).  There is a pretty heated discussion about it on the official boards.

Now whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, I dunno.  I don't personally like it but not much that can be done. 

Shamno

I really don't see it as a bad thing. It prevents the creator syndrome and allows you a better chance of getting some progression missions done if they get high up there in reward, that you normally wouldn't if they missions didn't change.

Makes sure you keep changing content so it can stay somewhat fresh and versatile.

Shieara

The main thing I don't like about it is that it makes planning my groups more difficult.  As someone with gear in the mid-range, it is important for me to be careful in planning what mission I am doing, and then try to build a group that will maximize our chance of success.  Some missions, for example, may depend on having good CC or a puller, while others may emphasize having caster dps or require two healers due to a hard-hitting mob.  The new system makes it difficult to work things this way, as you never know whether your intended mission is going to be available at a reward rate that others will find satisfying.  So then I am left with a choice of either doing the mission anyway for a limited reward or trying a mission where our success ratio is less then certain. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not married to the holy trinity and I am not averse to trying out different types of group formations.  I also have no problems with variety.  It's just very frusterating to get everyone together and organized for a mission only to find that doing it is not even worth our time, especially when it is a progression mission.  Also, in pickup groups Creators were a godsend since your chances of getting people who actually had done the mission before and had some clue of what they were doing was much greater.

Anyways, I am sure as time goes on and the general gear level increases then this will be less annoying for me.  Until then, maybe it will lure some people away from TSS so I can get some armor camps done.