Main Menu

Cast time of detrimental spells

Started by Pakratz, July 21, 2006, 05:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pakratz

Need some help figuring out cast times.  I've noticed that cast time of BE is supposed to be 3 sec but is actually 1.6 sec without any spell haste gear or effects going.  With 20% spell haste and/or Aura of Devotion, cast time drops to 1.5 sec.  For Chim Blood, its supposed to take 3 sec to cast but it actually takes 1.5 with no gear.  WTF??

Beneficial spells seem to work as I'd expect.  Growl for example is a 3 sec spell and it takes 3 sec to cast with no effect on, takes 2.4 sec with a 20% focus item, and 2.1 sec with focus item and Aura of Devotion.

Why do detrimental spells work differently?  Trying to determine if I need a detrimental spell haste item at all.  Only benefit I see is on BE, dropping it from 1.6 to 1.5 sec.   

Tiroon

Lotsa quoting of quoted quotes  :-D

QuoteAll hybrids (excluding bards) get 3% spell haste per level starting at 51 and goes all the way up to 45% spell haste at 65. This effects detrimental spells only (nukes, slows) with cast times 3 seconds or higher it seems. Max spell haste you can have is 50% (through innate/focus/spell buff).
I got that off the old website, Kherryn posted it
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Nusa

No, you don't really need a detrimental spell haste item. But a beneficial one is still quite useful, especially when you're spot-healing or buffing.

Pakratz

great info thanks, this was right on.  i'm amazed theres always something new to learn in this game.