Main Menu

double riposte

Started by melikemilk, January 16, 2008, 10:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melikemilk

my question is  how much better dose this aa help you tank a mob and dose it add much to your dps when tanking and when not tanking?

IT say  first 3 ranks go 15%/30%/50% any one have any idea how much the last 3 rank to this aa give...

and has any one heard  what % the SOF combat stability and agility add..

Shieara

As far as I know, double riposte doesn't help you tank at all really.  It does not give you a chance to riposte more often, instead it gives you, say, a 15% chance to hit twice instead of just the one time when you riposte.  So it's actually like a dps aa unless they changed it or I'm wrong (does happen occasionally).

:-D 

Spiritclaw

My understanding is that if a riposte happens, then it does a check to see if it a second riposte happens.  Feral Kick AA gives a chance for a third riposte if the second is successful
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Kanan

ie, for this, or the feral kick to fire, here's the process that must happen:

1) Mob swings at you and scores a "Hit"
2) Your defensive abilities all take a check: Dodge, Block & riposte.  You will notice that block has the highest success rate & skill, followed by dodge & then remotely followed by riposte.  So chances of a riposte firing = verra verra small.
3) kk, you hit the less than 10% chance of riposting: Now it does a check to see if you double riposte (iirc, it goes up to what? 25% at our top AA for this?).
4) If it's successful, you've gotta chance to hit it (something every bst with a 1.5 epic+ should be used to seeing are a ton of strikethru messages, esp if the mob enrages), but not a guarantee.

So yeah, its usefulness is extremely small.  I think I'll get innate str and advanced pet discipline 2 first.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Rabekiz

Strikethrough is not the same as riposte. Strikethrough is you hitting a mob despite ITS successful block/dodge/parry/riposte ... it is not based on your riposte skill.

If you are not tanking and fighting the mob from behind like you should be doing, riposte adds zero dps. If you fight from the front, it adds very little dps. Low priority AA to buy but its more useful then innate int, str (assuming you're maxed str of course) and advanced pet disc 2, even a 1-3dps upgrade is better then nothing.