Main Menu

Need Agro

Started by Bloodgod, February 24, 2004, 03:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stingite

I've been playing the game long enough that I should know this but . . . I don't.  So, I have the 1hb with the 10% slow DoT proc from plane of earth (club of slime) and my old epic 1.0 with the 55% slow DoT.  Both are sitting in my bank taking up space . . . but I was thinking the other day that this combo maybe could generate a lot agro . . . especially with ykesha procs.  But, of course, once a bigger slow lands, the the proc doesn't "do" anything . . . or do they in regards to hate?  Are the slow/DoT procs still generating agro even though they aren't "doing" anything?

:mrgreen:

Thanks

Helspawn

Yes, even though it does not override the higher slow it still does generate agro because it's basicly getting resisted.  I use my slows to generate agro even if a Shammie or Chanter have a higher one on the mob.  I've noticed they tend to get really pissed off at this.

Maylian

Quite often in groups you'll see a mob running towards the main slower, since I find most Beastlords (inc me) pre-slow you'll see the mob just stop and turn to run at you. Normally by then if you're not on tank duty the tank should have enough agro.

Whenever I tank I normally just sha's revenge on inc and then just Listless the mob. Since its the debuff that causes the agro it doesn't have to be particularly big, as you see when Rangers Flame Lick. Normally two casts of Listless is good enough agro for anything. I'll always have 2 dot's (Chimera and Turepta Blood) not that they land for squat. If tanking nameds like Discordling Warfiend and other nameds in WoS just turn attack off and dot and debuff. I've found I can easily out agro Pally's by doing that, and it costs next to nothing in terms of mana.

Buzak

will just add that we can buy EB(enraging blow) augs from good and evil side DoN and put in weapons specially dedicatet for tanking. using epic 1.5 with 2 EB procs here for tanking and it does wonders. also nukes are goin for desent aggro, its hard on mana but does add dps to match it.

Buzak Ubertroll & fluffy ubergater

Chickennuggets

If I am tanking for a whole group of casters... I will cheat and keep pet taunt on.  If pet is taunting as often as it seems like he is... he will stay on top of aggro list, and since I am only other melee in range... mobs stays on me.  Something else to concider is to have the caster assist your pet.  if they do that then they stay targeted on the one pet is taunting (that you are near), and you can slow all the other mobs while keep them all on you.  If it is a LOT of mobs... throw an Incap on them after all slowed... then move back to first.  Slow + Incap = enough aggro to you to not loose any to healer.  Probably not the perfect start for those situations... but it seems to work pretty well for me.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Skratz

Well what I use no one else has posted, else I missed it.  I slow on inc, then cast the lvl 50 slow.  It has the faster cast then the lvl 20 slow, and still only 45 mana, then cast it once more mid fight.  I do not like dotting, because I always do it when a chanter is there, and they get MAD.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

dainfrol

Quote from: Skratz on December 05, 2005, 05:07:16 PM
Well what I use no one else has posted, else I missed it.  I slow on inc, then cast the lvl 50 slow.  It has the faster cast then the lvl 20 slow, and still only 45 mana, then cast it once more mid fight.  I do not like dotting, because I always do it when a chanter is there, and they get MAD.

They only get mad when you dot a mob that is going to be mezzed, or that is already mezzed.  That is the biggest reason to use /assist.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Essant

Yea .. I /assist my chanters all the time!
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Skratz

Usually I group with a necro, and he starts dotting, I switch to slow the add becuse I don't want 2 unslowed mobs beating on me, then ench tries to mez the one necro dotted, switches to the one I dotted.  etc.  It's not that I am a moron, but it just tends to cause probs with ench.

QuoteThat is the biggest reason to use /assist

We are talking about getting aggro, so I assume you are getting aggro to tank, not to piss one off, thus you wouldn't be assisting a tank, and assisting the ench could give you the mez'd mob or the live mob.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Jennen

I very often group with my Druid and usually a Shaman and Necro. I use Sha's Legacy to slow, then I cast Incapacitate and Glacier Spear. I never have a aggro problem. But in addition, I also have my weapons augmented with a Stun Proc aug from the DoN merchants. I believe that this helps considerably.

Kanan

/shiver.. yep.. damn stun procs ;p

Heh.. in draygun the other day, I put away the DoD pet, bcs I don't know timing of our kills well enuf for adds, and had out 3 nukes.... it went tanks, one or 2 wizzies & then me on the splat list.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Essant

DoD pet is generally bad on Draygun unless you risk it and use it *right* when he comes out of mirror mode, so that you generally wont have to worry about him going back in to mirror mode anytime soon.

I keep it memmed .. its usually a tight dps fight so sometimes you could use the extra boost but on adds, its just double tap nuke, warder and growl and burn as fast as you possibly can.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!