Main Menu

The Guide to Camping Fellspine (Filled in the Gaps)

Started by Dorrogtr T`A, January 19, 2004, 04:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorrogtr T`A

|| > Getting To Siren's Grotto and Getting Out < ||
I suggest getting a port to Cobalt Scar, have a SoW on you and Levitate, head to the northwest part of the zone, and into a hole in the water, Levitate doesnt work in Siren's Grotto by the way.

You can see the path from Druid Port in to the Zoneline, as it is circled. To get out... I suggest one of the gate potions, because running to the Druid Rings after farming is a pain in the arse.

**NOTE** All Named's are PARTIALLY SLOWABLE and the SUMMON, but ONLY Fellspine RAMPAGES out of all the nameds. Every other mob hits for 164 tops, named up to 230 I think. Also remember that Molkors CH at Low HP, and Bulthars run at low HP. Bring an EB item with you, or you're gonna kick yourself later on. I recommend getting a KEI / Po9. This guide was made for LEVEL 65 Beastlords! **NOTE**

***Meep*** Don't even waste your time with your nukes in this zone, they resist them 95% of the time, but if they land, it does like 10% the normal damage. So load up Scorpion Venom and Plague. ***Meep***

****Pay Attention**** I know it may sound silly but knowing where your pet is in this zone is a huge factor. If your pet is stupid and aggroes mobs in the WATER that you dont want, simply go up to one of the ledges, with your pet, and sit there for a minute, it's a mem blur, they forget about you after a while. ****Pay Attention****

Anyways, this is "THE" Guide to Camping Fellspine and 4 other named...
Fellspine can spawn anywhere that "a swordfish" and "a coldspine seahorse" can spawn, there can be more than one Fellspine up at a time. This is the cash crop here folks,  (Very nice haste item) Yes, they sell for a whole lot, they are semi-rare from Fellspine. But before you get the belt, you'll have to go through a couple junk drops such as Fellspine's Tail , Mask of Swirling Water , and Spined Seahorse Hide Breastplate. So far, I've gotten about 9 Breastplates, 6 Belts, 4 Masks, and 1 Tail. That means the Breastplate is Fellspine's common, the Belt is his semi-rare, the Mask -- his rare, and his Tail -- the rarest drop. But take note that even if you do not get Fellspine or his belt, there are other named's that you can farm for $$$, I'll get to that in a moment.

Take a quick look at this map here, I know its gimp, but work with me people...

Let's start off, I know what you're thinking right now... "What the hell are those colored X's for?" Well, I'll tell you right now.

RED X's are where the "a coldspine seahorse" and "a sworfish" spawns, they do not wander, and stay in once place. They drop various gems, words, runes, Ocean Ink (24pp stack to vendor), Seahorse Scales (about the same as Inks), the occasional Seahorse Spine Bracelet , Ancient Seahorse Hide Cloak , and Ancient Fishing Pole. Fellspine spawns in place of both of these mobs.
GREEN X's are where the various Ulthorks and Molkors spawn. They are a pretty straight-up fight, but be warned --> the Molkors are clerics that aren't afraid to use a little mana. They cast 350dd nukes, and CH at low health, but they do not gate. They drop gems, Netted Kelp armor, and Bulthar/Molkor Hides (Save the MOLKOR Hides, let the Bulthar Hides rot. The Molkor hides sell for 1k each, in the Bazaar, they're used for the Coldain Shawl, iirc.)  The named that spawn in place of these beasts are: an enthralled ulthork and a rampaging ulthork. They both drop some very nice loots, and can sell for a bit, I myself sell the Rings at 4k Each, they sell within 15 minutes, and the Noserings 6k.
VIOLET X's are where the manatees and walruses spawn. They are indiff to all until you aggro one of their friends (Includes bulthars, molkors, crap in the water.) I really dont bother killing all of them, I only kill the 1 spawn on the ledge of the Cobalt Scar Zoneline, the others are a waste of time, you'll waste time clearing them when the cycle starts up again. They drop the same thing as bulthars/molkors. The named version of the walruses are a massive manatee , a massive walrus , and a giant walrus
You guys see that Teal-ish X? That's where a random molkor/bulthar/named paths, just wanted to clear that up.
INDIGO X's are where patrolling seahorses and swordfish spawn, dont avoid them, because I've had Fellspine spawn as a patroller about 4 times, 1 time yielding the belt.
YELLOW circles... well, those sets of mobs CANNOT be single pulled, beware.
(BTW, see those 2 X's on the top/middle of the map? Dont kill those, dont pull them... BAD aggro problem there, I warned you.)
Back to the the guide...
YELLOW Lines are the path that I take, I pick them off 1 by one.
(I cant make the color but...) ----> MAGENTA lines are the path I take back to the zoneline, then killing the mobs afterwards, where it ends, the new cycle begins, timing is everything in this zone.

Killing Fellspine (Works with the other named) -- I suggest pulling him with slow, finding a big open area to kill him at. Once slow is landed, have your pet beat on him (keep taunt on.) While your pet is busy with Fellspine, cast Scorpion Venom, and Plague on him, also (if available) use your Frenzy of Spirit AA and your Bestial /disc to get his hp down fast, heal as needed, and /disc prot whenever needed. Fellspine is pretty much a beefier seahorse that summons and summons, no big deal.

And.. that's my guide I think.. yeah.. thanks for viewing it and crap. I really hope this helps everyone with mula problems. 1 KEI Session usually nets me about 3-4k in gems, inks, scales not including what the named mobs dropped. By the way... HELPFUL TROG STRIKES AGAIN!!!1111!!!oneone!!!11  :twisted:

EDIT: I inserted my own image!  :o

Merescata

Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Tormak

Wow i think i actually understood all that. thanks alot

Gruzgob

Oh my....not only did Trog do something that was actually helpful, it was legible too...I just may have to check this camp out now. :)
Elder Gruzgob Wulfmaster
Retired 66 Feral Lord
Fluffy
60 Scaled Wolf

Gruzgob's souvenirs

Noriko

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X

Ranofer

Ranofer

Dorrogtr T`A

DiosT

nice post :-P

Only thing i had to do what edit out the image that directly linked to allakhazam's :-P I know they dont like it :-)

Good post :-) will try it out myself sometime...

Jaeren

If you want, I can stick the images of the items that you have linked on some of my webspace and let you link them from there.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Phurrin

Just an additional note, if no druids are available there is an exit to Cobalt Scar in the new Plane of Mischief (zone-in is at the southern end of the river in GD for those of you who don't know), the zone-out is a tree at approx. -1250, -350 (a bit north from the zone-in). I always take this route because I don't feel like waiting for a druid  :P

EDIT: sig added :P

Phurrin Swiftpaw
My Stuff

Sempai

Decided to try something new and went for the belt tonight. The guide was very helpful. Was not there very long, about 1 hour. Got Felspine to spawn once, he dropped the belt. :D

I ended up with about 1100pp worth of vendor trash, the ancient fishing pole, ancient cloak and a seahorse bracelet. Exp is very slow though, and I also detest fighting in water, but it was a fairly easy camp to do. I setup camp in the water, just past the cobalt scar zone and just pulled to my pet.

One thing I did notice, which I did not remember reading is that most of the swordfish and seahorses had pretty good MR. Some fights I was not able to slow them at all. The seahorses are a hassle if the first slow does not land, as they will push you all over the place in the water.

Also, most pulls will come with 2 mobs, even at ext range. Not a big issue for me, as I have some decent gear, but might be an issue for others. I was pulling more than were marked on the map though, figuring the more things I could kill in my cycle, the better my chances of a spawn.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Ranofer

Hey Phurrin what /loc in CS does the PoMischeif ent land you at? Thats a good idea hehe.
Ranofer

Hereki

PoM zone out in CS is at 0,0.  This may be a bug, or not.  The location is in the middle of the water, more or less.

jakethecake

Killed him 5 times in the last 2 days. 1 Belt, 1 Breatplate, 1 Mask, 2 Tails
(plus lots of quest gems, fishing poles, cloaks and bracelets)

Hope this guide doesnt do to Sirens Grotto what happened to the Ritulist/Primalist camp in Acrylia Caverns. Was a time I had that entire zone to myself (apart from the odd inner shard camper) 5 masks at 10K each 6 Chestplates at 5K and 6 Chainmail at 4K made me a very happy camper. Now I can never get the camp (even bloodmage is always camped)

This was the main reason I decided to try out Sirens Grotto. Hopefully the people of Antonius Bayle will be busy elsewhere and I can fish in peace  :D
Tukru

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes......

ShaitynAB

Right now I'm enjoying the hell outta Veksar (when I can steal a camp from all the damned necros) but gimme 4 more levels and I'll be there camp checking ya Tukru.
Shaityn Stormweaver
65 Ogre Feral Lord
The Insane-Antonius Bayle
My Magelo
The Beastlords Den-Home of Everquest Beastlords