Main Menu

Fero changes?

Started by Tastian, October 12, 2005, 09:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sariss Bloodscale

Pssh, I wouldn't waste 1 AA on that useless skill.  :p

Saniiro

Just another silly idea to throw onto thread --  ( Perhaps have a % increase that heals land for on the person like the pre-nerf paladin epic.  Maybe 5-10% to replace the resists  )

Doubt this could actually happen, but just something that came to mind that I didn't notice mentioned before.
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

Kroe

I would prefer no change in the mana cost of FoI, just make it worth casting (like others have said before).  Im personally leaning towards a pseudo combat effects mod, maybe something slightly different like a 'Cascading' proc effect or something.

For example, FoI would give the wearer an innate percentage chance to 'flurry' their procs, or on any successful proc, there would be a chance for a proc flurry of 0-2 additional procs.  Would maybe even make this worth casting on pets in shaman groups for extra panther/leopard procs as well as their innate/epic procs, and would most likely be sought by tanks for additional burst stun/anger procs.

In essence, this would equate to an increased proc rate with FoI on (like a base CE modifier) but there are many ways they can achieve this with the current game mechanics and this could be something unique like I believe FoI should be.

Wreckers - Bertoxxulous - Saryrn

bham

There is a DoN progression AA that adds to your chance to crit every melee hit, nuke, heal and dot tick by about +2 or +3%. If they added that ability to Fero, say at +10 or +20%, it would make fero useful to cast on any class again.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Pakratz

Love the idea of Fero being a group spell that adds say 10% to all crits like the don aa.  At 500 dps, that would be 50 dps per person in the group, 300 dps for entire group.  By the way, does the Don AA add to our pet crits ??  If not, everyone else is getting 3% dps boost from this aa while we're getting roughly 1.5% boost (warder+BE pet do about 50% of total dps).  Sound familiar?

tacyttik

Adding 10% to crits would not add 10% to total dps.

The reason why Combat Effects is a better choice than crit mods is because no melee class has an advantage over another. Any melee class would gain the same amount of a chance to proc. Our natural division of power wouldnt have a detremental effect with CE, as opposed to crits, where our warder and BE pet are part of our melee. Since this is our spell, it would be nice to not be the melee class that gains the least from it.

As for DoN AAs, the most likely response is no, it doesnt help our warder. None of our other AAs, except the warder specific ones, boost our warder's abilities. However having our normal AAs boosting our warder's abilities has been discussed elsewhere, and most are of the opinion that our warders should gain from our AAs, since we give up so much to have them. It would be nice to have my warder crit a proc, and maybe if it had the Ext enhance AAs, panther would last longer on me  :-D

Pakratz

From my parsing, a 175 dam don aug parses at about 7 dps give or take with WA5.  So all your weapon procs total about 20 dps - you'd need 100% CE boost to get a 20 dps boost and 100% doesn't doesnt sound like something they're likely to do.

Not saying CE boost is a bad idea, but if they throw us a 25% CE boost, its gonna be not much more valuable dps-wise than Fero is now imo.  I'm looking for something substantial, like in the 25 dps for each member range.  I've seen shammy leopard parse at 80 dps if kept up,  don't know what their champion does, but its more than fero from what ive read.  Just saying i'd want something substantial if it were to be changed.

Ideally they'd apply this to our pets as well, but if they didn't I'm perfectly OK not getting full benefit of the spell as long as it makes me more valued in group/raid settings.

tacyttik

Champion adds 10% to melee, so a 500dps monk would get 50 more dps. (A discing melee hitting 1500dps would gain 150dps.) Which will keep on adding 10%, even after monks and rogues get better weapons. However unless they add some new function to the spell, such as a recourse to permanent pets only, we'll get the short end of the stick if they make it a melee damage dependant addition. But CE, unless given a high amount, may give everyone the short end. A possible problem with CE would be it given a low amount so it doesnt over power leopard. 100% boost would make leopard 160 dps, which would be nice, and still much less powerful than champion (also dependant on another class for dps).

There really is no easy way to do it. Crits would easily add to fero's effectiveness, but risks raising mana cost and lower effectiveness for us. CE would likely keep mana cost down, and equalize gain due to availability of procs, but would almost be guarenteed to be underpowered. Maybe some combination of the 2 will work.

Tyggy

My personal choice being a non raider and rather drunk atm Would be to make Fero have an over cap on the reisists (good for the raiders) and reduce the atk and add either crits or combat effects instead of the pure atk it adds now. This would make it more effective in raids an in pure groups Where some may be at caps for resist and atk before...Whether this is a single or group buff thats for others to decide..Sta could be totally lost in this spell since virually every melee I know even at 65 these days is at or near to cap  :-)

sorry if I reapeat others But couldnt read all 12 pages again

Tyggy Killerclaws

Tell me have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Buzak

ok this suggestion might be out of line, and will require alot of work from moderator.. but start a new thread and post all the realistic suggestions we come up with in these 12 pages, the issues and problems. that way we will have a much easier overwiev of what the situation actualy is and what others think can be done about it. atm we are basicly having 9 of 10 posts repeat whats already been said because it takes too long to read through 12 pages..
then we just take it from there and if a SoE person should actualy look by they will have a realistic chance of seeing what we want, and our SoE corispondant as well..

Buzak Ubertroll & fluffy ubergater

Tastian

I'm keeping track and following the thread.  Once beta is done I'll put a new thread up with a summary of what has happened here.  Also the parses weren't up for part of it and there are a few other things I'd like to verify first.

Kanan

/dearly hopes that means we're gonna see a change :))
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Chickennuggets

Ya, more Stam added, double mana cost, and half the duration.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

jitathab

nah they are adding CHA to it, and innate stamina regen again.

Krohnic

i would be perfectly happy if the only change to fero was adding end regen. i cant speak for anyone else, but that change alone would have every rogue and zerker i raid with as well as most monks and warriors asking for it again. making one version group would be cool as well since our other class specific buff effects are group as well (sv,sa). also even with 9k end when i solo or duo i run out alot chaining rake/protective/fury making it a useful change to some extent for non raiders too, tho non raiders likely are still getting alot of benefit from the sta and atk. just my 2 cp on it. definitely something needs to be done to justify spending the extra mana for FoI when regular fero is just as good by the time you can get FoI. even if said change was 15 end regen per tick over 10 for normal and 5 for savagery (just as an example).

p.s. i know its an old topic but it was stickied and i just recently signed up for the board, sue me =p.