Main Menu

Warder Focus Items

Started by Kilantiz Kylong, January 06, 2004, 10:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nusa

In your arguments, you're lumping all raiders together, ignoring the fact that only a few guilds on each server are going to have those top-level focuses. Your typical raider is going to have the Ritual Summoning focus, never mind how many expansions old that is. Only exceptional raiders in anguish+ guilds have access to better. How many such guilds does your server have, and how many beastlord mains are in those? -- I suspect you'll have claws left over if you actually count them.  TSS might change the equation, but it's not been open long enough to know all the drops yet.

As for TSS guides, I've no clue if any are written yet. It's still early, and lots of info hasn't filtered out of guild websites or been written down. I'd keep my eye on allakhazam's.

Epee

Son of Severan camps in Direwind. You are lookinfg for An Ancient Legwrap pattern.  At least thats what I think its called.   Any of the mobs can drop the ASh covered hides, u need 4 for legs.  Only hard part is finding and/or attaining the flickering power source because it is no trade.  and ya Ritual Summoning is what I got hehe

Grumsh

Nice, Thanks! I'll look into that camp.

Boister

I got the Ancien Legwarp pattern 2 nite ago, didn't have time to search, but i find this info today:

http://www.goberserker.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4008

So we need to get Ash covered Hides to turn out the pattern.  You can add a focus, after the turn out in saying [Further] to Tenish.  The focus is named FLickering power source for Bst i fi understand and can be obtain in Valde or Ashengate zone.

I would like to see the finish product =D

adding some info: (powersource of different strenght)

A Faintly Glowing Powersource Misc
A Large Faintly Glowing Powersource Misc
A Large Softly Glowing Powersource Misc
A Softly Glowing Powersource

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemlist.html?searchtext=glowing+powersource
Boister, 75 Beastlord, Nameless
Boister

Timberghost

Quote from: Grumsh on September 29, 2006, 05:20:44 AM
Just for the record, Minion of Darkness is a 20% pet focus, not 10% and is easily single groupable at the 5 spawn camp in RSS where you can pick up a Sphere of Swirling Flame

Unless I am mistaken minion of darkness effectiveness reduces on pets over lvl 70 becoming a 10% pet focus on the 73 pet? and making Summoners boon/blessing worthless (believe it only works on pets up to lvl 70.. (Lucy is down right now so can't confirm, but I am pretty sure I am correct on these numbers.) MInion of Eternity is 15% (yes that means a raid drop is equal to a soloable drop 3 levels ago <useing the logic that you can pretty much solo a summoners boon augment>). Ritual summoning would buff a level 73 pet 20%. Minion of Discord 25%. Finally Servant of Chaos would buff your pet 30%.

Just for the record, the varioius pet foci actually are good at their stated power level up to level 75.

Please take a look at (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4407&source=Live)

Minion of Darkness
1:  Pet Power Increase(20)
2:  Limit: Max Level(75)

Note that the 20% focus is good to level 75 and is still a 20% focus for our highest pet.

Minion of eternity is exactly the same (cf http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4405&source=Live)

Minion of Eternity
1:  Pet Power Increase(25)

It's still a 25% focus even for our highest level pet

Ritual Summoning is exactly the same (cf http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4410&source=Live)

Ritual Summoning
1:  Pet Power Increase(30)

So, no, the pet foci don't scale down as you go up.  A 30% focus is still a 30% focus even at level 75

Kanan

wish they were a %, but they aren't.  I still don't think it's truly clear in what fashion the pet foci work, but meh, that's not where I'm going.

Boister's post is interesting.  What the different power sources means to me, is that if you combine a particular powersource with the items, you get a different effect into the item.

And what you wanna bet there are raid drops with the new 65+% (or whatever the focus will be) powersources.

Edit:
Or mebbe I can read the whole post for the info about the powersources ;p

I still think there's gonna be better powersources in raid events
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Denti

Pet foci dont work as normal foci do. Basicly for every pet and every focus the devs have to create a separate database entry. Therefore every combination of pet spell and pet focus is actually a different pet, the number on the focus can best be explained as a database index rather than focus power.

Devs stated during beta that all existing focus will still work to 75, however they will focus one step lower than the normal focus for pets above level 70. There will be new foci in TSS of course which will focus for full power up to 75.

Nusa

The one thing we do know for sure is that Summoners Boon and Summoner's Blessing don't work on our level 73 pet, which shouldn't be a problem for anyone who has it. All the higher focuses (for beastlords, anyway), have had their max level raised to 75. Remember that what's said during Beta is not necessarily what's implemented, but it's all a big lookup table between focus and pet level, so you really don't know without parsing. Bottom line, use the best available to you, and hope for something better to show up.

Denti

It was quite apparent during beta when they adjusted the foci down by just observing max regular hit. The same value is live now so we can suspect that they put live what they said during beta. However i do not see a problem there since all other foci degrade over 70 as well. They had to adjust the max level to 75 though since they wouldn't work at all otherwise.

hakaaba

Couldn't they have gotten the same effect by just making the SS focus more powerful? I dont see how they could possibly consider pet foci to be too powerful as-is, and now theyre just forcing every single beastlord in game to try for one probably rare raid drop from SS :/

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Nusa

Not every beastlord...just those in guilds capable of and actually raiding that high-end content. Which was always a small percentage of beastlords, and now that many high-end guilds are working on newer content, even fewer. Maybe I'll get one someday, but that's not where my guild is progression-wise.

Inphared

I was looking over the new pet focus, and something interesting caught my eye:

Servitor of Scale

Slot Description
1:  Pet Power Increase(45)
3:  Limit: Min Level(71)

Spire Servant

Slot Description
1:  Pet Power Increase(45)
3:  Limit: Min Level(66)

I see the same Pet Power Increase, but the minimum levels are different. According to Lucy, Servitor of Scale won't effect our Bestial Empathy pet, so wouldn't it be wiser to just stick with Spire Servant?

Tastian

I haven't tested the new focus with BE, so I'm not sure about that.  However, remember that pet focus effects have dropped down a bit on the TSS pets.  There was a downshift in the return such that higher level focus now focuses for what lower level used to and lowest level focuses don't work anymore.

It is possible that BE won't be effected and if so that is even more reason to actually give us an upgrade to it at 75.  8P 

Will try to see what I can confirm.  *shrugs*

Kanan

really hope you find that it does affect BE, else necros will be the only ones trying for this pet focus, since it will greatly reduce the effectiveness of the magi & bst single swarm pets.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

I wouldn't go that far, although the point remains. The items the new focus comes on are high-end enough to be interesting, and there's no law that requires one to discard their old focus item unless it's in the same slot. I don't have to decide until one crosses my path, of course.