Main Menu

2-Boxing VT/MPG Trials and other hard stuff

Started by DabrixMGP, March 20, 2007, 05:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DabrixMGP

After reading a thread on the SK board where one soloed a few named mobs in VT as well as 2 MPG trials  I was wondering if it would be possible to 2-box those with a druid.  On FV loot from VT sells decently and would be a nice way to raise some plat.  Of course this means waiting until fableds were over but I just want to know if its doable.  Also what about boxing MPG trials? Has anyone tried that yet?

Khauruk

MPG Trials - might have the dps for Destruction.  You plus cleric might manage Fear.

VT:
SK Advantages:  Pulling, Mitigation up the wazoo, I'm assuming he had a cleric w/ him, so far superior healing.

BST:  Slow, atk debuffs from the druid to make up for some mitigation, better dps.

It's really gonna depend on the druid's manapool/regen I think.  Toss in a cleric 3rd and you could easily do it I think...but it's going to depend on how often you need heals.

A high-lvl AC whore SK will be getting hit for minimum 50+% of the time w/ an average DI of 4-5.  There's no way we're going to be anywhere near that.  But, I don't recall the lvls of the blobs - we might avoid enough to make up a lot of ground defensively.  That combined w/ SotReptile might work, I'd guess.

Try this out pls...I'm really curious about aDPS taken! :).  And I'm waiting for Lluianae (cleric rep) to try to solo it :).
TURNCOAT!!!!!

DabrixMGP

No cleric
No Druid
No Shaman
The SK did everything totally solo.

hokarz

doens't the druid animal fear work in a fear trial?
Savage Lord Hokarz

DabrixMGP

Never thought about that but i know clerics get fear might try and borrow a friends.

Khauruk

I didn't notice it was solo....yeah, a BST oughta be able to 2box it then, I'd say.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Shieara

Destruction - I'd say you could do depending on your dps and your ability to handle multiple mobs. 
Subversion -  It would depend if you could get 300 points before the timer ran out with just your druid.  Last time I did it we had a druid, cleric, and rogue all opening chests and it got kinda close.
Fear - It would be (much) easier with a cleric, but maybe possible with a druid.  I think it would depend on how lucky you got with the wolf model, since your druid could fear those.
Efficiency - I think it's possible, again depending on your ability to handle multiple mobs and dps.  Very similar trial to destruction.
Inguenity - I wouldn't think this one is doable, mainly because you'd have to somehow be tanking the named and farming the guards for weapons that could hurt him.  Not sure how it could be done with only two.  Maybe if you somehow were able to have the pet solo-kill guards.  Actually, I don't remember whether the pet could damage named without giving it the weapons also.  Pretty sure I was two-boxing when we did this one and it got pretty hectic.
Weaponry - I'd put this at maybe.  You're going to run into problems on the mob that is weak vs. slashing and possibly on the one that is weak vs. spells. 

DabrixMGP

I think doing weaponry duo with a cleric you could use the cleric to take care of the slash mob.  Im sure cleric could use stacking DS combined with DoD proc spell along with vow of valor to do that part.

Blarp

clerrics hey slashing now? this si news to me

Inphared

He's saying that the cleric would be a good option for trying to 2box the Weaponry trial. Clerics still can't slash, and probably never will.

Khauruk

I'm guessing he actually meant the magic mob, since the cleric could do some mean damage if it tanked the magic one....the different spells they have available now while tanking add up to some reasonable dps that would destroy that mob fairly quick.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Shieara

I don't remember exactly but h2h damage might not be mitigated for Weaponry.  It's just been too long since I have done it, but might be worth checking out.

Khauruk

H2H doesn't work worth poop on any of them.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bham

Quote from: Shieara on March 21, 2007, 05:54:28 AM

Inguenity - I wouldn't think this one is doable, mainly because you'd have to somehow be tanking the named and farming the guards for weapons that could hurt him.  Not sure how it could be done with only two.  Maybe if you somehow were able to have the pet solo-kill guards.  Actually, I don't remember whether the pet could damage named without giving it the weapons also.  Pretty sure I was two-boxing when we did this one and it got pretty hectic.

The DoD or TBS werewolf pets can damage the boss without any bane-wepaons. I bet chain casting that pet could easily kill the boss inside 15 min. Its just a case of tanking him long enough for the werewolf pets to kill him, and not running out of mana before he dies.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

hokarz

Everytime I did Ingenuity, I chain cast my werewolf pet, does hella damage in that trial. Mage DoDH pet is the same thing, i.e. awesome dps.
Savage Lord Hokarz