Main Menu

General info on epic 1.5 difficulty from a dev...

Started by Nusa, September 20, 2004, 02:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nusa

Dev response to a post on eqlive forums in necro section: http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Necromancers&message.id=5473#M5473

QuoteThis is the 1.5 necro epic, not the 2.0. This is supposed to be a time level weapon in comparison. The total stats on the epic are +90, compared to the Algae Stiletto at +75. The epic also has ~+65 more to HP and Mana compared to the Stiletto and better resists, along with a time mod. This isn't the end game weapon for necros, but is a very good weapon for the pre-Qvic level player, and is relatively accessible to most players, since the events in the epic involve only a couple of 3-5 group encounters.

As far as being "promised" that the 1.5 was supposed to be 1 group and solo'able content, I haven't seen an official word by any devs anywhere stating that. The premise behind the 1.5s was supposed to be that most of the epic could be done solo or with 1 group, but not all of it. The original epics back in Kunark required 3-5, and even up to 7-8 groups to complete. Faydedar, Gorenaire, Talendor, Severilous, Venril Sathir, Trakanon, Plane of Sky 8th island, etc., are just a few encounters that I remember bringing large forces in Kunark to complete. All of the content of the 1.5 was tuned around less than 6 groups worth of events.

Congrats on the weapon and finishing the quest.

P.S. The click effect on the weapon is bugged and being looked at, we're aware of the issue with it.

-Zajeer

Key points I see:
* 1.5 is likely NOT solo/one-groupable, and if anyone official said so, they were wrong. (Anyone spot any official statements that say so?)
* Most of the quest is solo/one-groupable.
* Expect to need up to 5 groups at some point in the quest.
* 1.5 weapon is supposed to be comparable to a time-level weapon.

Giledorm

Interesting.  Though that tells me there's ALOT we haven't found yet, since everything we've had so far is running around and a couple (relatively) trivial fights.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Gromk

BSTs have not come far compared to msot classes in this quest, amny reasons for that, one might be we are not as many as for example the clerics or other classes.... Who knows all I know is we done 2 steps, most ahs done 3 or 4!

Kherryn

I don't believe Beastlords are going to have it like they did on the original epic.  I remember it being said that all the epics are going to be around equal in difficulty.  I've never seen it said that they aren't going to require raiding at all, only that the 2.0 one will be for high end raiders.

TerjynPovar

That's what I said from the moment people started these hunts...I figure Beastlords and Berserkers will be near the last classes to solve just because their aren't nearly as many of them as there are of older classes.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Kebrarn

Quote from: TerjynPovarThat's what I said from the moment people started these hunts...I figure Beastlords and Berserkers will be near the last classes to solve just because their aren't nearly as many of them as there are of older classes.
I beg to differ on that point.  I used to be a / all 65 monk and only get a few hits, but if I did the same for beastlord it would be well off the list.  There are TONS of beastlord around now, it seem the best twink class because of all we can do.
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

TerjynPovar

Well, your situation must be different from that of Povar's (or it has changed in the last few months significantly).

Beastlord was the last remaining class that /who all 65 beastlord would NOT give the "too many returns" for except for in the very busiest hours of the day...and of course I retired before many berserkers made it to 65.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Choppin

quite a lot of bst around nowadays, I dont think the twink potential is that huge, its more the fun potential
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord