Main Menu

Part 4 more progress

Started by Zagumm, September 22, 2004, 04:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cetathia

Can someone check Coirnav for the 3rd riddle, im at work and can not check.

Coirnav splinters into 3 during the script :
Nrinda of Ice
Pwelon of Vapor
Vamuil of Water
Cetathia, Lady in leather!

Shieara

Checked Corinav earlier today.  Negative on that one as well.

jitathab

Anyone tried Water?

Ice Liquid Steam

Giants - Tribe was split into three -desert mountain ice

Emmdee

Coirnav does not "splinter" into three at all, they are there at the start of the script. They do repop when they are called again, but there is no "splintering" involved.

Eoir

crazy idea but what about they way we all grew up .. soloing grouping raiding.
WildbloodEoir - 70 - Beastlord - Luclin

TerjynPovar

QuoteCorinav

Sorry to point this out, but twice you've said you tried C O R I N A V, but that's not how it's spelled.

It is C O I R N A V.

I seriously doubt it's the right answer anyway, but if it was and you just spelled it wrong that would stink. :)

By the way, I cannot believe that the answer would be three seperate words, given that that would make them order dependent, and even worse would make the other words matter too.

For instance even if "Antonica, Faydwer, Odus" didn't work, the answer could still be "Antonica, Faydwer, AND Odus", due to the way EQ's text engine works.  If it really is three answers, give up now, you'll never figure out the right text, order, excess words, and hell probably even weird punctuation you need.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

jitathab

Orcs  also splintered into three.

Shieara

Okay just for this I logged on again, cause I was gonna be really irritated if it was the answer.

C O I R N A V

Just tried.  Nope on that one.  /cry

I also don't think it is three words.  That is way too specific.  Especially if the order is significant at all.

Edit:  Orcs has been tried.  I couldn't find the name of their origonal race if
        they had a different name though.

TerjynPovar

Yeah, I figured it was the wrong answer...and generally I don't point out spelling errors, but this was a special situation.

Every answer I can conceive of has been stated already, I just don't have any more ideas...even after scouring all the EQ lore I can find.

Shieara

Don't worry, I am not too proud to admit that my spelling could stand to be improved.  I'm logged right in front of the sphinx so it only took like two minutes to check it out.  Just in case I also tried Triumvirate of water again while looking at the eq site as a spelling guide.  Making sure I had the first word spelled right.

I also am out of ideas.  Hoping we will get some suggestions with the next patch.  

P.S.  Please noone else send me cross server tells to try elves.  I appreciate the help but I have tried it a dozen times :)

Simpleybad

edit: noticed someone tried it allready

Cetathia

How about Avatar of Water ?
Cetathia, Lady in leather!

cassaya

Just an off thought, the old VP Key quest was for medallions that had been broken into 3 pieces was it not?

Cassaya Catnip
67th lvl Vah Shir Beastlord
Endorean - Luclin Server
Cassaya Catnip
70th Vah Shir Wildblood
Sheep ~ Luclin

Minxed

Just out of interest (has been said before) but orcan slaves (not orcs) or orcan exiles ?

I do think this is barking up the wrong tree and think it is something more likely to do with kerran - although that in lore was called the splintering of the four - is there any new lore which has been recently added which changes this at all?  Might just make sense for it to be new lore.

Someone has already posted about this I know but it doesn't appear that we have tried everything on this.

Minxed

TerjynPovar

Actually, speaking of spelling, I can just see it now...the answer that the Sphinx is looking for is going to be 'evles', because the programmer made a typo in the database. :)