Main Menu

Don't you find it funny...

Started by Raaski Razorclaws, September 23, 2004, 04:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raaski Razorclaws

It's funny to me that they are asking Beastlords (savage creatures that live out in the wild) riddles about EQ history/lore. Shouldn't that be in an INT caster's quest or something...since they would have all the books around them and learn of ancient magic and the history of people. I mean come on...asking a Troll or Ogre about simple things is hard enough. Having them trying to read books to find out history....that is just wrong  :lol: .

Yzak

Riddles are just no good in quests.  They are really hard for the first bunch doing the epic, than trivial for everybody else afterwards.  :(
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

warder5269

didnt the orges do it once? and since its related to the spirit of the wild i see completely how it relates to us since we tame the spirits of the wild. I do agree that it seems a little hard though.

Edited for spelling
Tygereyee - Emarr

Leatherneck

QuoteIt's funny to me that they are asking Beastlords (savage creatures that live out in the wild) riddles about EQ history/lore. Shouldn't that be in an INT caster's quest or something...since they would have all the books around them and learn of ancient magic and the history of people.

Shamanistic and Anamistic societies often have an oral history passed through the clergy.  I see Beastlords as being the militant arm of the Shamanistic religous elements.

Raaski Razorclaws

QuoteShamanistic and Anamistic societies often have an oral history passed through the clergy.

Well I think Dumul and Muada have been slacking off then ;).

But yes, I would agree to that statement :).

Leatherneck

Quote from: Raaski RazorclawsWell I think Dumul and Muada have been slacking off then ;).

Not if you go with the theory they're only telling you what you've deserved to be told.  :)

Giledorm

Plus riddles aren't exams to have information regurgitated.  They're meant as tests of creativity with what you already know.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Dreambringer

Have we tried "Rune of Scale"? It was one then splintered into 3 pieces.

Raaski Razorclaws

QuotePlus riddles aren't exams to have information regurgitated. They're meant as tests of creativity with what you already know.

Yes but these riddles are directly related to knowning Norrath history in general. (*in charcater*)Now as a beastlord (at least my bst lore), I don't know much about the history of Norrath except for my heritage and the history of my clan/tribe and where they decended from. What happened to Elves, humans, Gods, etc long ago aren't any concern to me unless it directly affected my history.

So if you asked my character about something that happened even before his race was created (or on a smaller scale...tribes he desended from), I would just *shrug* and continue walking through the woods in search of food heh.

Edit: Next thing you know they will be asking us to read ancient dragon or elvish  :D . (pictures and Ogre standing next to some runed pillar with his tongue slightly hanging out scratching his head as he skims through a book).

Giledorm

True, but as an Elder animist (which seems to be what muada is trying to mold you into), worldly knowledge is important.

/shrug

I guess I should play on FV... :D
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Leatherneck

Quote from: Raaski RazorclawsYes but these riddles are directly related to knowning Norrath history in general. (*in charcater*)Now as a beastlord (at least my bst lore), I don't know much about the history of Norrath except for my heritage and the history of my clan/tribe and where they decended from. What happened to Elves, humans, Gods, etc long ago aren't any concern to me unless it directly affected my history.

That's pretty fair, with the exception of REALLY outstanding events.  I could see Halasians at least mentioning the rift of Paineel and Erudin, if for no other reason than explaining why the ground shook and Everfrost was covered in dirt after they blue the Kerrans to the moon.