Main Menu

Noticed something new about the order you do things in epic

Started by treebasher, September 23, 2004, 07:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treebasher

This may have been posted but could not find it in the threads anywhere. When I  did my first three epic drops (still need POD) I did not do them in order but I had hailed Murada prior to doing these drops. I spoke with a BL last night who was trying to do the turn in at Gunthak, turned  in his 3 blue diamonds and the Troll ate them no drop. I suggested that he (the beastlord) go hail the elder 1st then try for the dorps and after hailing elder and following prompts he was able to do the Gunthak turn in. It is possible they (SOE) has flagged our epic along the way and you will not be able to get the some of the  drops till you are flagged for the drop. So I would suggest doing the hails when needed to save time and resources.

Sigrah

QuoteIt is possible they (SOE) has flagged our epic along the way and you will not be able to get the some of the drops till you are flagged for the drop.

It's already pretty well known that SOE has flagged the epic such that you can't do a task out of order.  Most drops, however, can be looted anytime unless they require you to spawn the mob that drops it (IE, lots of us were getting the Delirious Drogmor drop before we finished Step 3).
Sigrah The Beast
Level 70 Beastlord
Bertoxxulous Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=566996

Kherryn

A warrior epic piece off a named is rumored to not be able to be looted unless you're at that point...also with cleric epic as well.

Jaeren

Epic piece from a raid level mob in Wall of Slaughter tonight would give a cannot loot msg when people tried to loot it.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)