Main Menu

Sphinx problem please help

Started by psycattik, September 30, 2004, 11:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psycattik

Last night I went and was able to solo both sphinxes. I hailed the first one then ran way over and hailed and then killed the spirit. I looted the scarf then ran way over handed in scarf. It popped the spirit i killed it. Now the problem( I looted the piece and handed it to the sphinx that was still laying on the ground but he never gave me the gift of the sphinx in return.) I tried hailng and talking with no luck. I petitioned but who knows what that will do or when. I even waited around a couple hours to see if it would repop then I was going to try to repeat the killing-no luck. I even logged for a bit to see if it was waiting me to leave the zone-no luck.

Anyone else have or hear of this issue? Or is there anything that you can think of that i missed in the steps?

psycattik

Sharrien

Are you sure you gave it to the sphinx and not his pet?  Darn thing was in the way and I had to try 4 times before finding a good spot to open a trade window the the sphinx instead of the pet.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Gakania

Sounds like you gave the loot to hes pet, i did the same  :roll:
You just need to go and kill the other spirit again, (can be trickered by saying "whats happening") . You need to kill the other spirit also but even when the sphinx is laying on ground it will give you right phrases when hailing and will take the item you got from other sphinx

psycattik

Yeh i got home from work yesterday and the first sphinx was still laying on the ground so for the hell of it i said endangered to it and got a response.  Then i went through the script killing and handing in. When i got back with the scarf i hailed the laying down once again and it responded something to the effect of you have something for me so I handed it in and pop. Killed, looted and handed in , woot it worked. Nutin like soloing that again.

psycattik

Ogee

i had the same problem reported it as a bug and petitioned . got my time back the next day .

Brutz DaBruiser

I have completed Epic 1.5 and I'am an Ogre also.

I used "human potion" and had no trouble with this at all.
Hope this helps and GL to ya

Brutz DaBruiser
Morell Thule

madcat

Killed 1st sphinx 3 times frist 2 times he ate the piece 3rd  time I handed him the piece , had a buddy invis me, hit give  and he gave me  the scarf.  I am a Kitty bst btw .

Was paranoid on the second sphinx so did it the same way just to be catious.

Madcat 70 Bst Druzzil Ro

Tastian

I did this with a KoS bst and all I did was have sphinx aggro on me, "hail" faction went up with both, send pet on sphinx, back up and camp out.  Logged rigth back in and had no faction or turn-in issues.