Main Menu

Sphinx fight re-trigger?

Started by Ritmanx, October 12, 2004, 06:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ritmanx

Bleah, after i zoned in and run to Ankhefenmut he attacked me directly, i hailed him and started the conversion with "I am willing to help" but well he didnt stop. I cleared aggro with zoning to Ferrott again and zoned back. Now he is amiably but he is not talking to me anymore. *HELP*

How can i trigger again the fight? Is it a 2hours thigy or do i need to petition it?

Many thanks in advance...

Krykatt Mousebane

You have the Feral Lord's Brooch still ?

Try repeating the Text again to Ankhefenmut to start the Quest ... You say, 'I am willing to help you'

If that does not work go back to Marrey McGrannel in OOT and go back through her part.

You are not Skipping any parts are you ??? DO NOT Skip around on this because all Skipping does is mess up your Quest "Flagging" of the new system they added for Epic 1.5.

If none of that works ... I guess you have to petition and hope for the best ... because GM's are not allowed to "Give" you anything about a quest ... and if he looks and sees that you are not to be up to the point you think you are he will just tell you that maybe you better try again ...

Predator Krykatt Mousebane
lvl 68 Bad Katt !
STOP LOOKING !!
Predator Krykatt Mousebane
68 lvl BAD KATT !!
STOP LOOKING !!

Shrouded

Did you make sure that the sphinx had gone back to his spawn point before trying to text again?
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

zaab

I screwed the pooch on the northern sphinx.  Killed the named and went to sphinx on ground to hand in the item.  Stupid warded pathed right in front of me, and before I realized it, I handed it to Fluffy..  My fault completely.  I was so pissed, I left.  Came back a few hours later figuring I will just do it over, but sphinx was still laying down.  So I said what the hell, and did a /petition.   Half hour later, GM popped by and kinda snickered at me and gave the item to do again.   He hung around, I think to see if I got it right this time....

Xanin

Quote from: RitmanxBleah, after i zoned in and run to Ankhefenmut he attacked me directly, i hailed him and started the conversion with "I am willing to help" but well he didnt stop. I cleared aggro with zoning to Ferrott again and zoned back. Now he is amiably but he is not talking to me anymore. *HELP*

I just solo'd these two the other day, and had a similar problem when beginning. After hailing/zoning I was getting no response from Ankh. He has a SUPER small response range for hailing/keyword text... I literally had to go and stand underneath him to get the /say sequence done.

negrismorte

I did this part Friday (15 Oct).  When I hailed, I did not get aggro.  In fact, my faction jumped to warmly (i think it was) but my partner was still KoS.

The same thing with the one in the South.  I hailed, did text, killed spawn, did hand in, the restored sphix then attacked my partners.  Fortuneately, it despawned quickly and we didnt have to worry about killing it.

Meeshna

Here's the deal, you are trying to say the exact same phrases you've already said (I'm guessing.) Is appears that with the BST epic, you are flagged for every key phrase you speak.  If you pick up where you left off at, that would probably work considering you've already been"flagged" for the stuff you said already.

I accidentally attacked the sphinx in the middle of typing one of my phrases and had to zone.  When I came back I just picked up the conversation where I left off. Worked perfectly.

Try that.
Questing Vah Shir