Main Menu

Final Fight 1.5 epic- need suggestions for smaller guild plz

Started by Meeshna, October 16, 2004, 12:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meeshna

Well, I have been ready for this fight for over a week now but am a tad too chicken to try it.  I think I'm still dealing with anxiety issues over the TD fight where only 5 of the Iksar's spawned instead of 6 and had to deal with a GM (3 days later) that expected me to piggy-back off another BST's turn in after they did the TD fight (like that was even possible.)

Anyway, I keep looking all over the boards only to find peeps complaining about the trigger mob or complaining that "a chest" didn't spawn for them.  I would just like to know the best way to take this mob down without killing every friend and member of my guild in 5 minutes.  Plz remember that I am in a smaller, family type guild that can't just to a call-to-arms of 20-30 peeps to help me out. I'll be lucky to get 3 good groups. (Oh, are any of the mobs snareable??)

Many thanks to all who helped get me as far as I did with information posted here and elsewhere.  Just would like to finish this darn thing so I can stop having nightmares about it.  (The last nightmare I had to TALK the mob into dying. LOL)

***EDITED***
Well, forget the suggestions, the only one I can think of for myself is to trash what I've done so far and write Sony a nasty *F-U* letter that states that I pay for 4 accounts and should have a fair shake when it comes to the 1.5 (never expected to get the 2.0)

This morning, Sat. Oct 16th they took down Ruined City of Dranik to make this final fight undo'able by even 2 or so groups of time geared peeps. (Notice other post in this section.)  Once again I see Sony is catering to the high end raiding guild instead of the casual players who pay the exact same amount for their accounts each month as the high end raiders do. Sorry, venting tremendously here, but am extremely frusted that they went ahead and made this fight do'able only by the raiding guilds or maybe, MAYBE, a pick up raid group that probably won't help because there isn't anything (loot) in it for them at the end. /sigh
Questing Vah Shir

Vahaus Warder

I had 3 grps of elemental equiped folks. The encounter kicked our ass' twice.

Hurath

oh fun the fight has been upgraded

had 22 ele equiped peops try this and wipage, twice
warders are now highly resistant to slow, never got it to land even when debuffed, and now the warders each hit for 1k give or take, i heard they mitigate slow now as well.  Don't know how much harder it got other than that, but what could have been done easily with 18 will now take me probably 30.

Aeshmal

Rumor has it that the Warders can be split from the Animist however...

Perhaps you should try that.

Maraketha

Tried this encounter over the weekend.  We are a fairly large guild with Elemental/Time equiped people.  We had about 5 groups.

We didn't have all the updated info.  All we knew is that he had been "beefed up".

Attempt # 1.  We wiped in about 1 minute.  Took us by surprise just how much the encounter had been upped.  Managed to get a warder dead.  The first time we ever tried it we had 3 groups and had Monks tanking some of the warders.  What the...?  :shock:

Attempt # 2.  Took a little longer to wipe this time  :roll:   Managed to get another 2 warders down.

Attempt # 3.  Was going great until the event de-spawned.  It's only up for an hour and I guess we just weren't fast enough.

I'm not looking forward to the next attempt.  Just getting people rallied when the turn-in mob is up is going to be tough.  I sure feel sorry for people in casual guilds who can't gather the raid force required.  Perhaps the rumour that you can now split the warders will make this encounter more bearable/doable.