Main Menu

Parse numbers

Started by Dragonfangs, September 11, 2010, 10:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfangs

As some of you might know, I've been away from the game for about 6 months now, should be back within another month or two if all goes well. I was just wonder what type of dps numbers peeps are tossing out on raid burns now. I was told that bsts were only putting out 10k dps with UF end gear, doesn't sound right when it was about that when I left without end gear. My base for parse numbers from bsts atm is only from the guild I was/am tagged with, which doesn't do me alot of good atm seeing as there was an influx of "new" bsts that might not be dps players.

Side note, did the warders ever get a boost to be better then that of a shadowknights or are they still around there dps wise.

Any info would be helpful.

Grbage

Don't raid with my bst anymore but think I've seen people claim 12-14k when burning and all the stars/moon are aligned right.

Pets did get some help on the defensive so survive better now but dps has not been improved as of yet. HoT is coming out in Oct so we will soon see how they do there.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Khauruk

I've seen a 17k parse from Hzath.  But top end melee toons are far ahead of that.  This was over 37 seconds, btw.  He'd have to verify use of glyphs/7th/group makeup.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

With top end gear and the right group makeup, 15k would be average (largely depends on crits). With no support classes in your group, that probably only drops to around 8 or 9k.

Dragonfangs

Thanks, was hearing that beasts were topping out at around 10k in some new tests. Then again, the guys running the tests from the guild probably aren't the best example, dam lazy bsts anyway.

I do hope they have upgraded the dps aspect in the new pet this expansion otherwise it will still be pretty sad to be called a pet class /shrug

Khauruk

Well, real-life dps numbers are really going to vary a lot, like w/ any class.  We do best in very long fights - in my guild for example, all fights are rather long, so I always did great.  If you are in a guild that knows how to dps well, we'll be far far back.

I'm curious what HoT will bring, though I'm currently retired and looking to sell/trade my account...it's gotten boring for me.  Heck, all my toons have gotten boring :D
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Vidyne

To answer your warder question,  warders are still slightly inferior to sk/enc pets with certain focuses and no AA.    They are superior with AA and better focuses.

Magician earth pets from SoF still do more dps than any other non-magician pet I believe.

Dragonfangs

Yea, i feel ya Khauruk. Its almost as if they are releasing the same stuff over and over again. But the guild is mixed dps, when they are hot its insane, when they aren't i can do more dps with a 2hb not in a group (i've done it before on principle). Its hard to believe its the same group playing all the time, guess something like that happens in most guilds though.

Quote from: Vidyne on September 12, 2010, 08:54:07 PM
To answer your warder question,  warders are still slightly inferior to sk/enc pets with certain focuses and no AA.    They are superior with AA and better focuses.

Magician earth pets from SoF still do more dps than any other non-magician pet I believe.

Unless they added new pet aa's in that last bunch i don't see how this could be. Before i left my pet was about even with that of a necro/sk pet during burns.  I figured they won't change it but you never know

Sikkem

Quote from: Khauruk on September 12, 2010, 04:50:01 PM
I'm curious what HoT will bring, though I'm currently retired and looking to sell/trade my account...it's gotten boring for me.  Heck, all my toons have gotten boring :D

Whilst I can understand your feelings for the class atm (and to an extent the game) I hope you do manage to hang around.

That being said if you call it quits what shall happen to this site? As far as I understand you are the only active moderator are you not?

For me it appears whatever they do now will be to little to late.
We are an offpeak guild so our recruit pool is very small and last nights raid had beastlords and rangers as the melee dps.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Inphared

You technically do not need to play the game to moderate a forum. Jaeren hasn't played for years and owns the place. :P

Vidyne

By superior, I did not mean far and away better... I meant higher than.

These numbers aren't exact, but let's say a SK pet is 270dps.   A warder is around 240dps without AA/good focuses, and around 350dps with good focuses/aa maxed.  Not exact numbers, but the ratios are close.

Quote from: Dragonfangs on September 13, 2010, 12:04:32 AM
Yea, i feel ya Khauruk. Its almost as if they are releasing the same stuff over and over again. But the guild is mixed dps, when they are hot its insane, when they aren't i can do more dps with a 2hb not in a group (i've done it before on principle). Its hard to believe its the same group playing all the time, guess something like that happens in most guilds though.

Unless they added new pet aa's in that last bunch i don't see how this could be. Before i left my pet was about even with that of a necro/sk pet during burns.  I figured they won't change it but you never know

Sikkem

Quote from: Inphared on September 13, 2010, 08:39:20 AM
You technically do not need to play the game to moderate a forum. Jaeren hasn't played for years and owns the place. :P

Yeah I understand that Inph.

My question is more along the lines of if he will still have the inclination to continue or not.

Guess in the long run it doesn't really matter (though Khauruk would be missed), so few of us that still post here we could do it unmoderated  :wink:

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Khauruk

I've taken like 3 actions as a moderator since I started :D

I have no plans to stop checking the EQ sites I always have, I'm way too OCD to do that.  If I get to that point, somebody else can volunteer to take over here....volunteering to Jaeren is why I'm moderator atm.

Interestingly, I think just about all of the owners/admins of the various class sites no longer play.  This is def. true for Samanna's (though they have some player mods...), evilgamer, thesteelwarrior, us, and therunes at least (afaik)).
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Dragonfangs

Quote from: Vidyne on September 13, 2010, 01:39:01 PM
By superior, I did not mean far and away better... I meant higher than.

These numbers aren't exact, but let's say a SK pet is 270dps.   A warder is around 240dps without AA/good focuses, and around 350dps with good focuses/aa maxed.  Not exact numbers, but the ratios are close.

Quote from: Dragonfangs on September 13, 2010, 12:04:32 AM

Are those raid burn dps numbers or group dps numbers? I would think they are group numbers, group scale its about right, raid scale its way off.
All i remember is that when i actually looked at my pets dmg on its own it was about the same as a necro or sk pet (within under 50 dps difference). But the was from awhile ago.