Main Menu

Pets and XP

Started by Rotabla, October 06, 2004, 07:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rotabla

Hi all,
I had my first WoS tonight, was the only BST, full group, and while all the other members of the group had ~4% AAXP per mob, I noticed I had 2% most of the time, sometimes 3%. Someone told me that it was an OoW new pet rule, pet is now taking 30% of XP in all OoW zones...
Is it true? if not, why such a difference in XP between them and I (all of us were in full AAXP setting) ?

Dakat

I did muck cave and was getting 5% per kill in a group. So dont think pet penalty is in effect.  Mobs in the zone do vary in level. Lowest levels are around 62 or 64.

DocMoriarty

I doubt there is a new special OOW pet xp rule. From what i remember they changed long ago that pets dont take xp in groups, only soloing. I once had the same effect grouping at vxed with enc charmed pet. In this case we did not melee the mob and i got only 3 ticks aa xp per kill instead of 6 when i melee. Could it be, that you plain and simple didnt melee ? If you are the only bst with a lot of tank types in group you might have medded or something for buffs, not meleeing which costs you 50% of your xp (even if you slow). IMO you must do some melee damage to get full xp.

Gorgul
68-224
Morden Rasp

Eatbugs

QuoteSomeone told me that it was an OoW new pet rule, pet is now taking 30% of XP in all OoW zones...

Wish I knew how these silly rumors get started.   At a guess, your group members were exaggerating their AAxp per mob slightly - it's not actually that easy to tell how much xp you're getting on a per-mob basis unless you average it across 20 or 30 mobs.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Saranya

Just a thought...Were you by any chance the group leader?  If so, did you have group leadership exp turned on?  That would take a chunk out of your xp.
Elder Saranya - 66 Beastlady - Luclin Server (on sabbatical)

Oneiromancer

And if you're the lowest level person in the group you get less xp than the higher level people.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Jzath

Quote from: OneiromancerAnd if you're the lowest level person in the group you get less xp than the higher level people.

I have not found this to be true.  My wife plays an enchanter.  We are both level 40 at the moment.

When we started the characters she did some shopping in the bazaar as I went out and got to level 5.  She joined me at level 2 after killing some herself.  From then on, all our fighting has done in group together.  Neither one of us have fought withour the other in the group.  

By the time I was around level 10 she was level 9.

Recently, she has died about 3 times more than I due to her being the "front" so to speak in pulling, mezzing and slowing.  Sometimes she really makes the mobs mad and we can't get them pulled off her.  Anyway, before the extra deaths she was like within 20% of matching me.  After the 3 rather quick deaths with no rez she dropped to over a level behind me.  Now she is back to about 30% behind me.

We do not own GoD on these accounts so leadership xp is not a factor.  AA is not a factor due to being only lvl 40.  She plays an erudite and I play a vah shir so I do not think that is a factor.

I know race plays a factor in xp %.  I played an iksar and I definitely felt the 20% race penalty.  Did not bother me per se, but it was noticeable.  

So far I have found that lower level folks are not penalized for being lower level.  I am guessing the lower level folks get the same number of xp, it is just more to them percentage wise because the xp points required for that level is lower.  

Now mind you, it is not noticeable per kill.  I am only noticing this over the long term and I notice that the closer she gets to me, the slower the gap closes which just reinforces my theory.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

arcticbeast

Yes they took out the lowest person in groups gets the least amount of xp when they changed the group xp bonuses.

Not sure what is happening with you getting less xp but my cleric and my bst both get 3% AA per kill on average fighting the DB to a 65 mobs in WoS and 4% per kill killing the white con to a 65.  I keep forgetting to see what the xp gain is against a red named.

Is it possible that you are 69 or 70?  If you are then you don't get the 5% xp bonus fighting mobs within 5 levels of yourself.  I think most of the trash in WoS is 63-64.
ArcticJade
65 Beastlord on Luclin

Oneiromancer

Heh.  Could have sworn I saw someone reputable post that lower level thing recently...but I guess if it was changed a year ago they might not have known.  Sorry for propagating misinformation.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Jzath

Hmmm... I never knew about the lowest person xp penalty at all.  

If it was still in effect today, my experience that I just described would not have necessarily proved that it was not in play since I am not sure how often, if ever, my wife was the lowest in group.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044