Main Menu

So really - where to hunt?

Started by Lizsolo, January 04, 2004, 02:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizsolo

I've looked over the other post here, but it all seems rather generic.

I'm 63.5 right now and hoping to be 65 in the next week or so.  I seem to get the best exp grouping in PoV or HoH - often in aggro kiting groups.  But while waiting for a group, I'd like to be off solo'ing somewhere or possibly 2-boxing with a 57 cleric.  

Soloing The Deep entrance seems pretty good for grinding AA, but I'm not sure it is the best place for 'real' exp at my level.  Same for boxing with the cleric in PoN.  

Anyone have some real-world suggestions?  Either solo or with a healing partner?
Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife

Hereki

Best exp is going to be BoT and HoH, followed by PoV - with LDoN a distant last, thanks to set up time.  All grouping.

Soloing is going to come between the two, somewhat better than LDoN, but not much.  I'd suggest deep Nurga or Droga as good spots, pure solo or with a cleric bot.  With the cleric, tier 1 yardtrash is feasible, but will be worse experience; PoI might be better than PoN if it isn't crowded, or you could try the hobgoblin caves with the cleric pulling (Pacify should work on them, if I remember right).  If you have the faction on both characters, Chardok B would be reasonable as well.

Thoar Nametaker

I spent a little bit of time in Temple of Droga getting to 64, and it wasn't bad.  I was at Runri hoping for a haste belt to drop, but I was getting 1% every 3 kills or so.  The mobs are tough, hit for 200 or so max, HT and cast some nasty spells (Bane of Nife, Cascading Darkness, Plague) but you can take 2 if you are slick.  They have over 10k HPs if I'm any judge.

I'm sure it isn't the best xp place out there, or even in the zone, there are many areas with easier mobs that I didn't try out, but that belt makes it worthwhile in my opinion.

Sempai

For levels 62-64, my favorite solo spot was PoN at the hedge, also called zone out 2 on some servers. Everything is dark blue here and experience was decent.

I found the vexed banshees to be my mob of choice, but you can take out the netting wraiths too. The banshees summon, but seem to have fewer HP. I usually setup on the wall and pulled to my warder. No mob roamed into aggro range, but sometimes trains were an issue if you have a slack group at the hobs camp. With a cleric, you might be able to handle the hobgoblins at 63, but I am not 100% sure (I solo this easily).

When I started to level my druid, the hedge camp is where I began for PoP experience. I wanted a camp I knew my beast could solo easily and the druid just let me pull faster. Same should be true for you with the cleric.

The hob cave might get rough as there are a lot of roamers. Even now I can still get into trouble down there if I am not careful. This is a fun camp to hold, but you will probably need a way to gate out the beastlord as I doubt you could duo your way out of there yet.

Droga might be tough if you lack a way to snare them. The only thing that can kill me in Droga is a runner. Experience is decent in Droga though, and I 2 box with a druid there a lot even at 65.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Reaking

I guess I am just unenamored with PoP.  After many hours in Seb when I was a war I hate sitting around waiting for groups.  /ooc 63 bst lfg, drives me nuts, in HoH, or BoT good luck, all they want is 65s, and if you dont have your spells, good bye, uh we have a guildie coming forgot.  
Best thing I have seen, get to a LDon camp, and start tells.  25 mins later you have a group, tops.  Buff, get adv, and kill kill kill.  Right make up you have 2 blues of exp, in 60 mins,  Wash rinse repeat.  Avg player got 3 hours after work?  Ding 63, and 5 days later you are 64.  Now head to Bot, or HoH, and you may still be 63 and still looking for a group, no hassle no downtime, just pure exp satisfaction.
[65 Feral Lord] Reaking (Troll)
Innoruuk
Formerly Yanks Annaed
57th Champion

Zhamok

LDON is my choice whenever I group. No PoP for me as you never know how long a group will play together. Groups doing LDON now do 2-3 adventures depending on the willingness of the group members. Better loot, adventure points, and decent pp. As for spells, just buy them in Bazaar, beastlord spells are relatively cheap compared to others, except the 65 spells. But IMO, at 64 you can make the pp to save enough to pay for that Sha's Revenge.

haabbes

Yea, every time I get tempted to do some planes grouping I get an LDoN invite. Couple hours later, I've forgotten all about the planes.

In theory I could be leveling faster in the planes, but theory and practice are not the same thing. LDoN leveling is getting the job done nice and steady if not blazingly fast. Meanwhile LDoN is just flat-out more fun. And I've bought three very nice pieces of gear so far with LDoN points, and I'm wearing about 8 stat augs that I've won on adventures (each of them adding +5 or +6 to either AGI, WIS, STR or STA).
=====
Feral Lord Haabbes Ticklemaabbes, 65 vah shir beastlord, Saryrn server.

Phurbi

Quote from: haabbesLDoN leveling is getting the job done nice and steady
That's the key right there, in 64 I was getting roughly 10% of level per adventure if I was grouped with 65s.  That's decent, and it's consistant exp.  Unlike most PoP groups.

PoV seems to be better exp than BoT, and doesn't have nearly as high an idiot density on my server.
Phurbi - Feral Lord
Ten out of ten people die, so don't take life too seriously.

Reaking

Quote from: PhurbiPoV seems to be better exp than BoT, and doesn't have nearly as high an idiot density on my server.

Lol, this so is reason I hate zones, and love LDon, if you screw up it is all your fault.  No more train, raci ng for mobs, first to engage, bleh.  Best line I ever saw in lfg, I dont group with stupid people.  Well I dont like to fight in zones with stupid people.  LDon, nuff said.
[65 Feral Lord] Reaking (Troll)
Innoruuk
Formerly Yanks Annaed
57th Champion

Kinash

Since I am finally seriously working on my Epic I have left my Summer home in Acrylia and have moved into Maiden Eye to get those Void stones. Much to my happiness I found that I am getting very good XP soloing the Xi's! I managed to get a whole AA in little over one KEI, and will have my Paragon by tomorrow at this rate. It took me a while to find a safe spot to pull the Xi's to but once I found my spot I am pretty safe.
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

jakethecake

and this safe spot is?????????

I got both 'gem of the void' drops pulling the Xi____ from  AR entrance and also managed to get the Battlemaster named Luclin shard whilst I was at it. Adds are a real problem but if you are patient and pull to the left hand side of AR you shouod be fine.... I also got two stacks of swirling shadows, at 50pp per shadow was 2K in the bank, cant complain about that.......
Tukru

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes......

Hereki

There are two good 'safe' spots in ME, one either side of the AR entrance.  The one before AR (coming from Dawnshroud) is between the hill ridge and the AR entrance; the one after it is the next valley, over a hill ridge, where you can see the gorangas pulled for the shard.