Main Menu

Do-it-yourself weapon comparison and ranking (upd Nov22 '04)

Started by Coprolith, January 09, 2004, 11:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coprolith

Tastian parsed the SPF pets a short while ago. From the dps of the procced pets i then calculated an 'equivalent' DD damage value, which turns out to be pretty high at 300 pts. Hence the high ranking.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Sempai

Oh great and powerful number cruncher, I have yet another question for your elite skills.

Any idea on the impact of Combat Effects? And if yes, any way to get it into the spreadsheet?

I know this has been extensively parsed by the warriors, but I am not sure if we can apply their numbers. I only have one combat effect item, so I am not sure I could offer a decent test yet. Once I have 2 I could do a bunch of parses to test it, but I have no idea when I will get another, unless my guild just wants to see me dead even more. :lol:

You know I love my ED, and even with some of the new H2H drops, I still think ED mainhand might be our top dps if combat effects works like I think it does.

On a side note, Handwraps of Captured Magic now have Serpent Bite instead of Invirgorate for your next update.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Coprolith

Got the handwraps update.

Any chance you can provide me with a link to the Combat Effects parses, cuz i have absolutely no idea what it does, let alone if it applies to BSTs in the same way as warriors.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Coprolith

Thanks T. Judging by those parses, Combat effects seems to add a fixed amount rather then a percentage; 0.2 ppm per 10 CE in the MH and 0.1 ppm in the OH. I see no reason why this should work differently for any melee.

It should be easy to add that to the sheet, tho i hesitate about cluttering the input page with Time-focus effects that only a few people will have use for. Also i doubt we'll see any radical shifts in weapon rankings. But if enough people are interested in it, then it can be done no prob.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Sempai

Perhaps you are right Coprolith in that this would not benefit enough people. I double checked magelo and there are only 11 beast usable items that have combat effects from Time and GoD. Add to this items with the new focus effects of cleave I - III and ferocity I - III (the item effect), and it is getting more and more difficult to know for sure which way to go.

My hunch is that while the shifts are not huge, it does make a difference to those of us raiding on the high end. As you know, my guild is always pushing the latest content and I choose my weapons based upon your spreadsheet when I can. As we have proved together, ED mainhand was the right choice when others thought I was wrong and these new effects will impact my choices going forward.

Anyway, keep up the good work for everyone in the community. Even if you decide it is not in everyone's best interest to add it, I for one am in your debt for the great work you do for us all.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Coprolith

Perhaps a wiser course of action would be to collect data on the other time-level focus effects as well and create a separate calculator for it, something like Tastian's AA efficiency calculator?

We should probably create a new thread for this in the Campfire of the Feral Lords section. Sempai, would you do the honors and start with an inventorisation of all applicable focus effects?

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Tastian

I have no problems making up another calculator for factoring combat effects or ferocity or cleave or whatever else people might want weighed in.  All I'd need is some data I might not have on my own, a basic idea how you'd like things set up and a few different people willing to beta different versions and give me feedback.  

Since we are talking mostly about Time+ type of gear and a much smaller selection of weapons I could probably even add drop down menus that would allow for weapon selection right inside of the applet/program/whatever so that you wouldn't have to bounce back and forth between the spreadsheet and the program.  That's up to you guys though.  If there's something I can do that you think would be useful lemme know and I'll see what I can come up with.

Sempai

I will start a thread about focus effects that impact weapon choices in that section Cop. I know most by heart. :lol:
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

bham

Used this for the first time.  :!:

Great tool! Many thanks.  :wink:

With my stats it seems Dedgerex's Flintforged Cudgel has seemed to equal or surpass Slave's Hidden orb as the best main hand weapon of choice. (depending on number of attack buffs)

Certainly DFC main and SHO off is better than my old combo of SHO main and the new Velium inlaid claws in off. And I only forked out the big bucks for VIC a week ago    :(

If the new aug removal stuff goes live I am gunna switch my 150 cold from SHO to DFC and 125 poison from VIC to SHO. I dont got the points right now to destroy them.

Only problem I can see is that you cant say you have the extra damage aug and a proc aug in your SHO. Then if you manually update the damage field of SHO so you can put the proc aug in the aug column, when you change to another weapon for another combo the damage field stays at 17 or whatever you typed in instead of updating.  :cry:

For what its worth, DFC procs for 625 not 622.

Also, proc damage does not decrease with mob level, making DFC seem even more attractive against these mob when actually proc resists will play a big factor.

Keep up the good work :)
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Coprolith

QuoteThen if you manually update the damage field of SHO so you can put the proc aug in the aug column, when you change to another weapon for another combo the damage field stays at 17 or whatever you typed in instead of updating

There's several ways around that. You can use the custom weapon field at the bottom of the main page, or change the base damage of the SHO on the HtH-page, then manually add up the dps numbers on the HtH page.

QuoteAlso, proc damage does not decrease with mob level, making DFC seem even more attractive against these mob when actually proc resists will play a big factor.

This is a unavoidable simplification i had to make. I simply do not have enough data to estimate the effect of mob level on proc dps. In fact, since mob resists can be set by SOE, its near impossible to put in a generalised relation between proc dps and mob level. But unless the proc of a weapon is unresistable (it isn't for the DFC), proc dps will change with mob level in real combat.
Currently the rule for proc resists is that if the proc has a resist modifier of -100 or better, then the proc always hits for full damage. If the resist modifier is less, then 20% of the proc damage is resisted, regardless of mob level.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Coprolith

June 29 Update:

- I think I've found a somwhat better approximation of proc resist rates. It now has a slight dependency on mob level and now actually looks at the resist modifier for the proc. For those interested, the resist rate for proc dps is now calculated using this equation:

resist rate = (Mob_level - 35 + Resist_modifier/2) %

To facilitate this change, the "Resistable?" columns have been changed to "Resist modifier" columns, and they list the actual modifiers as per Lucy.

- Added 'Slave's Hidden Orb +2' to the database  :wink:

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Gnarloth

Hi Coprolith,

Firstly I just want to say that this is a fantastic tool! I use it whenever contemplating a new weapon/combo, or dreaming of future aa's etc. Because I'm not lev 65 yet, I know that it is not an accurate representation of my dps (but it obviously still shows me the best weapon combo's etc).

Just wondering as a suggestion for further down the track (on a dark stormy night when you have no fun parsing to do and tv is really boring) if you could add a drop down that would change the damage bonus based on what level your character is? Probably goes against the way the sheet is designed, so I'll understand if you say "take a hike bub", but it would be a "nice to have". Anyway, thanks for this great resource, and happy hunting.

62.10 Iksar Beastlord on Prexus
Xanthic

Coprolith

Hi Gnarloth.

Im planning something like this for when OoW is released and we get a increase in level cap. Chances are the damage bonuses are going to increase as well.

And who knows, maybe one day some programming and internet wiz will step forward and link the sheet directly into your Magelo profile and Lucy's DB  :wink:

(That wiz isn't going to be me tho)

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III