Main Menu

4-boxed My First LDONs :)

Started by Theron_Thunderblade, December 29, 2004, 10:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theron_Thunderblade

I finally assembled my intrepid group of adventurers and we took on the evil infesting the dungeons of Guk.  And we were defeated.  Soundly.  Painfully.  Tragically. 

I was boxing all four on one computer and it was giving me fits.  I messed around with settings, tweaked, and tweaked, and tweaked, and finally got it smooth.

Then, tonight, I ran two Permafrost missions and won both of them handily.  Good experience, both in the character sense, and with handling four characters. 
So yeah, dinged a few levels and had an awesome time.  It's nice and forgiving at level 20.  I imagine these things are going to get tougher as the levels do.

Oh, by the way, the reward for winning a level 20 mission?  1 adventure point.  I wonder what a hard gets you :) Actually, what would a hard do?  Mobs hit harder, more of them, etc.?

Dakat

I never boxed in the 20s with my characters, so knowing how a hard would be at that level in an LDON I cant answer. I did however box a couple characters in the low to mid 50s. With a 54 being highest and a 50 as a low.  Doing hard was just as easy as a normal. If your box combination is made for it. Cleric or Enchie to paci pull and someone to tank.  I found that in the level range of the group mobs did hit a little harder, only because they are more closer to the level of the group. Which also provided more exp in the long run once you decided to leave or finished the Adventure. Another bonus of doing a hard was getting more LDON points per successful win. Where 11 points (guess) for a normal, 20 points (guess) for a hard. Its been a  while since I've done them, so I cant remember the exact numbers for the LDON.  So doing a level 20 average LDON, might furbish around 5 - 8 (guess) points.

P.S If I was in need of some coin, Everfrost LDON provided the most coin per mob. Averaged 11pp per kill when group was around level 52.

bham

Currently your average level is 21.5 or so, so you get a level 20 adventure, with mobs that are level 18-20.

If you do a hard you will get a level 25 adventure, where the mobs are level 23-25. You will get about twice as many points for a win.

Once you average level hits 23 or higher you will start getting level 25 adventures anyway, and if you do a hard then you will get a level 30 adventure.

Mob density and placement doesnt change at any level, it just varies slightly because of  the random generator.

I found LDoNs an excellent and fun way to build up new toons. I played a cleric and SK and my friends played a bard and a monk and we had a blast, went from 23ish to about 49 or so in about 50 or 60 adventures, we didnt lose a single one.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Theron_Thunderblade

Awesome.  Since the blues were so easy, I think I'm going to try a hard adventure next time and see how I fare :)  It's lots of fun and fairly tense at points.  I haven't done many LDONs, so getting the hang of pulling is valuable experience

Theron_Thunderblade

We're now 10-1 in permafrost missions and have won our first couple of charm upgrades! 

The only loss was on the first and last assassinate mission I will ever take.  It's absurd how much more difficult assassinate/rescue is than collect and slaughter.  They should let you just pick your adventure, rather than dealing with the silly adventure timer that only lets you request a mission every couple of minutes.  Oh well, I just use the downtime to farm mammoth tusks!

Oh yeah, paladin and mage have dinged 28, cleric and wiz are still 27.75 :)