Main Menu

2box AA Rate

Started by deadkin, August 03, 2005, 04:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadkin

Here is the setup:

I have a bazaar geared 66 cleric and a bazaar geared 65 BL that I two box for times when I am feeling anti-social.  I generally will only do this when I am bored and just want to kill a few hours.  My AA rate varies by location and by how much attention I am willing to put into things. 

I split time between GE trash (3:30 hours per AA), CT trash (3 hours per AA), PoD beettles (2:45 hours per AA) and PoV Ptargs (2:30 hours per AA).  These are not my best rates but they are what it takes when I have worked all day and have only a few braincells left.  When I want real XP I group and my rates get much closer to an hour per AA.

My question for everyone is, am I overlooking someplace that is easy to get to, easy to get out of, brainless and gives about the same AA rates as above? Crypt of Nadox seems slower then GE and Nurga isn't very mindless without snare.

Thoughts?

rdahl

I have a very poorly equipped 65 Cleric 2-boxed with a moderately well bazaar equipped 68 Bst in Stillmoon at the Ascent IZ.  I view it as easy to get in and out plus the IZ is a hop skip and a jump for when I over pull (3 or more mobs) but that is very rare given the way the mobs are situated.

I get an AA about every 1.5 hours using lesson.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

deadkin

Out standing thank you!  I assume that you have figured out some tactic for the runners there?  The couple times I have tried Stillmoon I had some run away resulting in a quick zone out from the train.  Are you just nuking at the end or have the mobs stopped running there?

Dakat

If you can handle it, BOT is your best bet.

The mobs are only 1 or 2 levels, sometimes the same level as your level 65.  I went to Stillmoon Temple, most mobs near zone in were light blue which puts them below level 50.

The mobs in BOT do hit harder, but with your level 65 slow and a cleric to back you up, you can do well here. Try the Courtyard up top. I was able to maintain an AA every 45 minutes up there. Constant pulls, no resting, clear the top for an aa then rest and restart again.

Mobs up there hit for 550 do not augment your slows, so your slow slows them for the full amount. It's a great place to grind AA at level 65. I would not recommend leveling past this until you get the AA you are looking for.

rdahl

Stillmoon light blue - u must be 70.

The mobs will run and at sow speed  unless you debuff, I cast slow, 3xdebuff, weaken, nuke at 19%. 
First thing I do is clear the ascent iz room.  The mob configuration has been changing every time the server goes down but atm there are 2 mobs in there widely separated so they can be easily single pulled.  Currently only 1 wanderer in the hallways but before last patch there were 2. 
I pull to the end of the hallway just before going into the room leading to the ascent iz.
I can easily single pull (meaning I don't have to waste the time/mana for pet pulls) the ascent IZ room, the warder room, the warder guarding the ent. to the room past the warder room and the mob that wanders inside that room, the hall wanderer and warder at the top of the stairs.  By the time I kill all those the first room has popped again.  But using the Cleric or pet pull you can easily single pull other mobs on the second floor at large.  While trains are constant at the BL IZ, I have only been trained once at the Ascent IZ.  The rare trash mob drops are nice, got the back on my lowbie bard and belts on my druid and cleric, waitng for another belt to drop for my lowbie chanter.   It is possible to duo the named if you can get them to pop.  The biggest drawback here is the large % of healers.  I have gotten 3 healers on bad pulls and had to zone.

My view of BoT,
The mobs have more hp
The mobs hit harder
It's more crowded
you are more prone to being trained
cleric is more likely to go oom if you get more than 1 add (especially mine =P)
Require pet pull or pac to safely single pull first round
Takes me 1/2 hour longer to get an AA
0% likely hood of getting a decent drop without a group
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Dakat

In the CY you can single pull all day long, just avoid the 1 or 2 bee's that spawn near the Gargoyles.

In Upper Sand you can single pull all day long as well, as long as mini boss in the center is not up. 

On Emarr, there are not that many people in there. 10 Tops on a busy weekend.

Mobs do hit harder, but provide 5% exp per kill at level 65.

Xzyro

'  GE trash (3:30 hours per AA)  ', try moving to the middle of GE its perfectly safe when u figure it out and u should get alot better exp than that. if im really bored or wanna check my current dps i go there and run lesson of the devoted and try to beat my record wich is 69% aa in a half hour solo w/ lesson running so im sure u can improve on 3:30 hours an aa w that combo